“Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I keep my selections from here quite simple. I really like their chicken quesadillas. I have had their chicken fingers and they are the best if eaten there not togo. The service is always good and the wait staff is curtious, fast, and just good at their job.

1  Thank Travel4workand4fun
There are newer reviews for Serrano at Morongo Casino

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've been coming to Cafe Serrano in the Morongo Casino for almost a year and have been bringing friends and family there for late night dinner/snacks, etc... The service here has been generally good. However, recently, (seems to have begun after the redesign of the cafe) we've noticed a few new faces and service decline.

I've been able to order a waffle from the kids menu since it's half the price and half the size. Some days I can eat a whole waffle, others, half the size is perfect. In fact, the wait help suggested I can order the kids portion if I wasn't that hungry for a full plate sized waffle. For many months, I've been ordering that plus a bunch of ala carte items and have built my meal. Pretty cool. No issues, wait staff are awesome...

Fast forward to my latest visit last night... Noticed the redesign of the cafe and new faces. This should be interesting... My party got seated and ordered almost immediately. New waitress stopped by and when I went to order the kid sized waffle, I was told I couldn't. So I politely asked for a manager and she came out. I explained to her that I know that it's policy that adults cannot order from the kids menu unless they have a child in the party, but other managers have given the OK to do so. One. It's not a full sized burger at a kids price (which people apparently try to take advantage of), it's half a size of the normal order. Two. We come late at night and the restaurant is rarely ever busy and frankly, I don't like to waste food.

So I explained to this particular supervisor that other managers have let me order plus I also order other things... I asked her if she could make an exception, but she said "no." Wow! She wasn't even nice about it. Almost confrontational. In fact, she was really loud and almost yelling at her staff -- like she didn't want to be there... If Morongo is reading this, I have her name. Anyway, I just ended up ordering coffee. They could've made more money, but I guess the decision making of this particular supervisor prevented that from happening. Go figure. Well, I'm going to have think twice about coming here. it just takes one bad experience to turn me off to a place.

I think it may be time to explore other places...

2  Thank HYPERSHARK
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Serrano is Morongo's "coffee shop" restaurant...a place to find sandwiches, hamburgers, steaks, and breakfast. It is one or two more dollars more expensive than roadside chain restuarants but still within reason. Breakfast was very good. I order breakfast a lot and this was the only place I have ever been too that offered Spam as a side meat (don't get me wrong...I love Spam!). The hamburger that our group got was a little on the thin side and a little dry. However, the french fries were great.

Although this restaurant is in the casino, it is far enough away from the noise and the action of gamblers to make it pleasant to eat..

One reason we stopped here on our road trip was the fact that this place is the only place around for miles with covered parking (there is a three story garage). It gets really hot around this place (over 100 degrees) and it is nice to stop at a place where the car doesn't have to bake in the sun for an hour.

1  Thank Rogerdob
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent Pastries, Sandwiches and Salads! This place is usually a daily staple for our family while staying at the Morongo! Affordable and friendly staff to boot!

1  Thank KShelLosAngeles_CA
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Every item we have ordered from here in the last 5 years of dining here has ALWAYS been great. This is a staple of good food at the Morongo Resort.

1  Thank dforthun