“Is this really A 4-Star Restaurant?”
Review of Cielo

Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Cabazon
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Is this really A 4-Star Restaurant?”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

For years we have been driving past the Morongo Casino a 27-story building off of the I10. We would always say “Some day, we’ll have to check out the restaurant at the top.” Well, SOMEday happened this August. I thought it would be fun to celebrate my husband’s birthday there…and maybe even see the sun set over the desert.

I made reservations through the online site called “Open Table” which was a very easy process.

We were running late for dinner, and missed viewing the sunset from the top of the Morongo complex. But, we found out that the only good viewing point for the sunset was in the MEN’s lavatory!! It’s true, a friend who joined us for dinner, checked it out…I even decided to take a peek on our way out. Crazy, huh?

We were seated at a table on the ‘loft’ part of the restaurant… were mirrors interestingly placed around our table to give us a sense of privacy and making the area seem bigger? It was kindof weird.

They have a $35 4-course meal menu. There were a lot of choices to choose from. Our food was so-so, I had the filet mignon, while my husband at the Fish of the day, which was Sea Bass. It was nice of them to appear with a ‘birthday’ dessert with a candle for my husband at the end.

All in all, I have to say we were disappointed with Cielo, maybe our expectations were too high for this 4 diamond restaurant?

On our way out, we had to squeeze our way through the Very Crowded, cigarette smoke-filled casino. It felt like Las Vegas…that some folks might enjoy, but we were happy to exit.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Joanie_Balonie

Salinas
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a great shining gem in the desert. Great views to start off with on the 27th floor once off the elevator, and then the views from the restaurant itself were great. The lit up menus were delightful in the evening meal and every restaurant should have one. The service was outstanding, attentive but not overly so. The food was worth the price, as this is a special occasion restaurant despite being in a casino. We loved this place and would come back here again and again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank raininroses
Westminster, California
“Ceilo”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great food, great ambiance lovely service. The Endive salad is to die for the manager who used to be the bar tender whose name I forget is a sweetheart so gracious.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nicolaj57
Phoenix, AZ
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Awesome food, very good service, very overpriced. Items like side dishes are extra, paid over 10.00 for a cocktail.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SallieC
Redlands, California
“Always good!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Incredible steaks, great wines and the views, atmosphere is romance in the desert. I will definitely return again and again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank dforthun

Been to Cielo? Share your experiences!