“Very good for the price”

Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
Reviewed August 8, 2007

We stayed two nights on the fourth floor of the hotel, a room at the end of the hallway, thankgoodness because there were noisiy kids running around in the hallway.
The room itself was very satisfactory; there was a refrigerator but if you moved any item you were charged for it and at a usually very high price; so, unless you're desperate don't open the refrigerator! There are a number of food options in the hotel; fast food court and three restaurants; one at the top, "Cielo", very expensive, no dress code, although the decor is good and food very good it did not seem a very remarkable experience.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 2Profs

Reviewed August 8, 2007

Accommodations were pricey. Room was small but had nice furnishings. As far as being kid friendly, the pool area was awesome-large with lots of things to do--lazy river, slide, swimming, wading & jacuzzi. There is a glass enclosed, but very limited arcade off casino floor. PPV movies($13), Disney Chl & Cartoon Netwk, but NO NICKELODEON. Both food & service in cafe were excellent w/reasonable prices. Beverage servers in the casino were also excellent.
As for the expansive casino--including separate N/S room ala PALA, mostly $.01 + $.05 slots, we were in disbelief at how few Video Poker games there were--NO DBL DBL BONUS IN ANY DENOMINATION! Also, I've never seen such a conservative check cashing policy -- <$150 W/O prior 2+ wk arrangements, in any casino. At night, the casino, becomes uncomfortably crowded.
OK/nice hotel--probably great for a slot/keno players w/o kids, but for my taste I prefere the gaming opportunites and atmosphere of, FANTASY SPRINGS, AGUA CALIENTE(HOTEL UNDER CONST) or HARRAH'S Rincon.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank CA1070
Reviewed August 4, 2007

The room we were in had a wonderful view of the mountains. We ate at all the restaurants except the Asian one and the were all very good. Staff was very nice and helped whenever we asked. Pool area was wonderful. Wish we had more time to spend there. We are not big gamblers but put some money in the slots. Had fun and only lost $7. The whole hotel/Casino/Restaurants/Pool were kept very clean. Would stay there again when in area.
From West Palm Beach

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorraine J
Reviewed May 11, 2007

This place is a high end, world-class experience. We'd rate it as comparable to the best Vegas hotels. We originally planned to spend 2 nights but extended our stay an extra night because we were so pleased with just about everything. First impression is of a strikingly beautiful building in the stark desert, with grand entry portico and soothing fountains. Rooms are in like-new condition with soft sheets, down comforters and pillows, cherry-wood cabinetry, flat panel TV, and bathroom with spacious double-sized glass enclosed shower with bench. Room was quiet with good A/C. We ate frequently at the different restaurants and were impressed with every meal, especially the omelettes at Serrano. The buffet offers multinational range of foods from Mexican, curries, stir-fry, fresh sliced beef, great salads and desserts (be sure to use the $5 off coupon you received at check-in). Bottle of wine only $10 in the buffet restaurant. All of the staff we encountered were genuinely over-the-top friendly. The outdoor pool was beautifully designed with 2 hot tubs, private cabanas and water slide. We didn't use the spa or exercise facilities but they also looked high end, brand new. We'd definitely go back to this first-rate hotel resort.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank GetUp&GoGirl
Reviewed April 29, 2007

We visited Morongo in Feb from friday and left on sunday. My girlfriend came here previously and thought it would a nice little getaway because Vegas prices were going at $300 a night (I think there was an event that inflated all the prices) We ended up paying about $120 a night for the better suite. The weather was pretty windy, but overall I had a good time. I'll try to be as descriptive as possible. Everything was great, but I simply couldn't give it a 5, something was just off. I can't give an answer why.. Although the resort is nice, there is nothing else to do around the area except for the outlet. Which is why this can't compare to Vegas.

The Rooms:

As other reviewers stated, the rooms are simply beautiful. There was an lcd on the wall. You can tell they spent alot on the furniture and designs of the room. However, the rooms are thin and I did hear people early in the morning. Yes, also the air is REALLY REALLY DRY! I'd actually bring a humidifier if I were to go back. I used a whole chap stick I think. Also, NO DVD players are available. I actually brought a small compact one, but they must use the MASTER CONTROLLER in order to switch to video. That can get annoying, but we rented a few movies from the local blockbuster and watched portions of the movie as we were drinking in the room.

The Environment:

I can understand why people say this place is somewhat ghetto. Though I didn't see any homeless, you can definitely see the people who cash their checks and immediately hit the casino. The security is in full force there fully equipped with pistols. Also, don't be worried that someone with bad intentions will rob you by your room, nearly 98% of the time you can't get to the elevators unless you show the security guard your key card. The locals are overall nice, I gambled and talked with several of them and I came up. They knew how to gamble and wasn't some shmuck trying to get to 21 even though he/she has 18. I had no problems with the environment at all.

Food:

There is a 24 hour Fatburger!!! Also, as people have mentioend before get the VIP card, IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY. We got a prime rib and a WHOLE LOBSTER for 24 bucks!! Great value, I didn't eat at the sky bar or the buffet. Instead of buying drinks there, we went to the local supermarket and picked up all the alcohol and sodas we needed. Saved a lot of money.

Club:

The Key Club is there and you can definitely see that all the locals come here. So would I if I lived out there, theres probably nothing else to do on a weekend. It was PACKED and drinks are relatively cheap, the overall vibe was pretty good, but it was a younger and overall pretty rough.

Pool:

Gorgeous! Theres an pool that goes in circles, a little slide, a low rise pool where you can just lay out in the water. I guess if you pay more you can get the tents and there are private bungalow type rooms for those who want to pay more. Jacuzzis are just right. Considering how windy it was, i loved it in the jacuzzi.

Spa:

Ok if you stay here, you have to visit the spa. Its FREE if you have a room, only if you want a massage or other services would they charge. However, you can access the roman bath, steam room (i loved it in there, you can tell they spent a decent amount on the steam room), and also the sauna with the steaming rocks and all. I just spent an hour in there just soaking up the steam.

Well all in all it was great. However as previously mentioned something was just missing to make it a 5 star enjoyment. It will be a while before we visit Morongo Hotel and Casino again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank smoon80
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Well, this is my first stay with the Morongo, but not my first visit. I decided to upgrade to a suite. VERY SMART MOVE! They are amazing- GREAT room! Large living room, two bathrooms, jacuzzi tub, great views, private floors, elevator access/private...VIP water, newspaper, mints, internet. I could not ask for more and the rooms were lavish and decorated well casino style/Vegas.

Travelocity has 50% off rack sometimes.

It is well worth it, I will be returning!

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank FUNFUN8478456556
Reviewed April 21, 2007

Stayed for a friends concert at the Key Club and video DVD taping for MTV special. The rooms are nice, but odd. Small tv, large room, and bathroom. Nice decoration, comfortable bed, odd layout. Nothing special. NOt worth $200+. Free would be great, maybe $100.
The casino is terrible, unless you like the one armed bandits and aimlessly throwing money away by pushing spin or pulling the handle on a dumb slot machine, this place blows. The indians scalped another whiteman. 250 people fighting over 20 tables, $25 limits, lots of shoes, not any customer friendly tables. All have huge house advantages. Don't waste your time.
The only up spot is the pool an lazy river. This is the only reason to stay. Try to stay in a pool side room, which is like a 60's golfcourse home Frank and Dean had. They are just off the pool. They even have there own small pool, 10'x10'. Seperate living room, kitchennette (Bar) and bedrooms,a nd parking behind, like a little condo, or home. AWESOME!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Johnny V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabazon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Days Inn Banning Casino/Outlet Mall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Oak Valley
Travelodge Banning Casino and Outlet Mall
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
#45 of 75 in Palm Springs

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!