“Morongo Hotel and Casino”

Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
Reviewed April 29, 2007

We visited Morongo in Feb from friday and left on sunday. My girlfriend came here previously and thought it would a nice little getaway because Vegas prices were going at $300 a night (I think there was an event that inflated all the prices) We ended up paying about $120 a night for the better suite. The weather was pretty windy, but overall I had a good time. I'll try to be as descriptive as possible. Everything was great, but I simply couldn't give it a 5, something was just off. I can't give an answer why.. Although the resort is nice, there is nothing else to do around the area except for the outlet. Which is why this can't compare to Vegas.

The Rooms:

As other reviewers stated, the rooms are simply beautiful. There was an lcd on the wall. You can tell they spent alot on the furniture and designs of the room. However, the rooms are thin and I did hear people early in the morning. Yes, also the air is REALLY REALLY DRY! I'd actually bring a humidifier if I were to go back. I used a whole chap stick I think. Also, NO DVD players are available. I actually brought a small compact one, but they must use the MASTER CONTROLLER in order to switch to video. That can get annoying, but we rented a few movies from the local blockbuster and watched portions of the movie as we were drinking in the room.

The Environment:

I can understand why people say this place is somewhat ghetto. Though I didn't see any homeless, you can definitely see the people who cash their checks and immediately hit the casino. The security is in full force there fully equipped with pistols. Also, don't be worried that someone with bad intentions will rob you by your room, nearly 98% of the time you can't get to the elevators unless you show the security guard your key card. The locals are overall nice, I gambled and talked with several of them and I came up. They knew how to gamble and wasn't some shmuck trying to get to 21 even though he/she has 18. I had no problems with the environment at all.

Food:

There is a 24 hour Fatburger!!! Also, as people have mentioend before get the VIP card, IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY. We got a prime rib and a WHOLE LOBSTER for 24 bucks!! Great value, I didn't eat at the sky bar or the buffet. Instead of buying drinks there, we went to the local supermarket and picked up all the alcohol and sodas we needed. Saved a lot of money.

Club:

The Key Club is there and you can definitely see that all the locals come here. So would I if I lived out there, theres probably nothing else to do on a weekend. It was PACKED and drinks are relatively cheap, the overall vibe was pretty good, but it was a younger and overall pretty rough.

Pool:

Gorgeous! Theres an pool that goes in circles, a little slide, a low rise pool where you can just lay out in the water. I guess if you pay more you can get the tents and there are private bungalow type rooms for those who want to pay more. Jacuzzis are just right. Considering how windy it was, i loved it in the jacuzzi.

Spa:

Ok if you stay here, you have to visit the spa. Its FREE if you have a room, only if you want a massage or other services would they charge. However, you can access the roman bath, steam room (i loved it in there, you can tell they spent a decent amount on the steam room), and also the sauna with the steaming rocks and all. I just spent an hour in there just soaking up the steam.

Well all in all it was great. However as previously mentioned something was just missing to make it a 5 star enjoyment. It will be a while before we visit Morongo Hotel and Casino again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank smoon80

Reviewed April 23, 2007

Well, this is my first stay with the Morongo, but not my first visit. I decided to upgrade to a suite. VERY SMART MOVE! They are amazing- GREAT room! Large living room, two bathrooms, jacuzzi tub, great views, private floors, elevator access/private...VIP water, newspaper, mints, internet. I could not ask for more and the rooms were lavish and decorated well casino style/Vegas.

Travelocity has 50% off rack sometimes.

It is well worth it, I will be returning!

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank FUNFUN8478456556
Reviewed April 21, 2007

Stayed for a friends concert at the Key Club and video DVD taping for MTV special. The rooms are nice, but odd. Small tv, large room, and bathroom. Nice decoration, comfortable bed, odd layout. Nothing special. NOt worth $200+. Free would be great, maybe $100.
The casino is terrible, unless you like the one armed bandits and aimlessly throwing money away by pushing spin or pulling the handle on a dumb slot machine, this place blows. The indians scalped another whiteman. 250 people fighting over 20 tables, $25 limits, lots of shoes, not any customer friendly tables. All have huge house advantages. Don't waste your time.
The only up spot is the pool an lazy river. This is the only reason to stay. Try to stay in a pool side room, which is like a 60's golfcourse home Frank and Dean had. They are just off the pool. They even have there own small pool, 10'x10'. Seperate living room, kitchennette (Bar) and bedrooms,a nd parking behind, like a little condo, or home. AWESOME!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Johnny V
Reviewed April 5, 2007

i went with my hubbie and we had the best time not only did we win big so did every person sitting around us vegas has nothing on this hotel/casino

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank armonique1
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I took my husband for a night away for his birthday, and Morongo was perfect. I surprised him with a bunch of his friends and we went to see Metal Skool at the Key Club, which was WAY fun- I haven't thrown the lightning bolts like that, EVER. Afterwards, we played blackjack for who knows how long- I came out $100 up- and retired to our room to sleep. The rooms was FANTASTIC, a canyon view at the end of a hall (which may be why we had no problems whatsoever with noise). The view wasn't great, just mountains and desert, but the room itself was gorgeous- just as nice, if not nicer, than many of the rooms I've stayed at in the nicer Vegas hotels. Great shower, great bed, and the reading area was nice, too. The next day he gambled some more in the AM while I made use of the free spa facilities, which were just as nice as the Burke Williams I've been to in LA. The only down the whole trip was that the 2AM last call rule is followed, but hey, it IS in CA!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank mstatler
Reviewed March 24, 2007

My husband and I were disapointed with the accomidations in Palm Springs and decided to go back to the casino for a couple of nights. I am so glad we made that decison. Not only was the rate good, the room was beautiful and staff was wonderful through the entire stay.

The room and service from the staff were comprable to the Wynn in Las Vegas. The room was tastefully decorated, plush, has turn down service, mood music cd's and has a flat screen plasma tv.

I recommend getting a spa treament and using all of the spa area to make your trip complete. Guests may use the spa area without any extra charge, which is totally unheard of in many other large spa resorts. The spa attendant bent over backwards to get me anything I desired including hair products for my hair from the salon at no extra charge. You can order food, drinks and hang out all you want. They have complementary fruit and bottled water.

The food at the buffet is very good, fresh and the staff cooks the food in front of you. They have a large selection of food from Asian to American fare. You can get discounts on the buffet price from spending $10.00 on the floor. Its a great deal.

My husband and I will definatly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank CACutiepie
Reviewed March 3, 2007

The Deluxe Canyon View Rooms are beautifully decorated. Every detail is taken. The bathroom is awesome! We thought this would be a great couple get away close to Palm Springs with food and fun.
BUT, this is a place for young-young people who want to Rock out at the Key Club or be socialable and loose at the 360.

Second, the rooms are extremley LOUD! you can hear your neighbors and everything that's going on in the hallways. Pray you get quiet neighbors if you stay here

The buffet has no rules, but is decent. The drinks are cheap enough. Their isn't enough gaming in my opinion. The game floor feels like a small third world country. Thank God we only stayed there for one night and headed into the desert for the rest of the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mswarner78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabazon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Days Inn Banning Casino/Outlet Mall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Oak Valley
Travelodge Banning Casino and Outlet Mall
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
#43 of 75 in Palm Springs

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!