“"Good times"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
San Jacinto, California
“"Good times"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I just got home after spending two nights at the Morongo Resort. Overall we were very impressed with the Morongo. The most disappointing aspect was actually making the reservation. Perhaps our rep was new but she didn't seem to know what she was doing. Among other things, she made a double reservation for us after I told her our ONE reservation was for two nights and not one. I suspect she started a new reservation for two nights and forgot to cancel the first reservation. Luckily, I discovered the mistake or I might have ended up getting billed for two reservations! I also found out they have trouble handling reservations to confirm them on AOL. I found out their email went to my spam folder even though I don't have ANYHTING going to spam. AOL told me that there is some kind of a "domain" problem with them so everything from them goes to spam. I called the Morongo and talked to their "IT" dept., telling them they need to contact AOL about this for future customers who use AOL. We did enjoy our two night stay there and all the employees there were nice to us. We were on floor 16, room #1602. I can tell the construction of the hotel is of good quality because we heard almost no noise when we were in our room, including the freeway nearby. The room is larger than average and quite clean. There was also a nice flat screen TV but for some reason CNBC was not avaliable. The bathroom was large and I think the highlight of the whole room was the very large shower, one of the nicest showers I have ever used. I was a little dismayed when I discovered the water from the sink was very cloudy. I called the desk and was informed it was due to them using very small bubbles so the water would have enough pressure to make it up the towers, something I had never heard of before. It did seem to clear when I let it set for a few minutes. The bed was nice and comfortable. The wifi wasn't bad but was a little on the slow side. Also, the front desk at check in should have explained how to connect to the wifi for a guest which would have made it so I wouldn't have had to contact the resort "IT" dept. to find out. Once I found out it was easy after that. They offer free local calls from the rooms which is nice. They also allow hotel guests to use their "VIP" status so they can get into the shorter lines at the buffet, something we took advantage of for the Mexican buffet night on Monday night. We sat out by the pool yesterday which was nice but I didn't actually go into the water. I would recommend this hotel but make sure they don't book you mistakenly for a double reservation when you are only making ONE reservation!

Room Tip: I would suggest a high level floor to be able to take advantage of the view and probably an end room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Michael R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Just got back from spending a day at the casino and spa. Morongo is clean and doesn't smell like cigarette smoke. We played quarter slots and my Mom won hundreds of dollars and played their promotion Wall of Cash and won $100! We got prompt drink service too.

Sage Spa is wonderful, spotlessly clean and serene. Pool access is included when you have a service. Otherwise, you pay $40/day to hang out by pool/lazy river.

You get a locker, slippers and comfortably soft robe. Water, fruit, tea and nuts also available. They also take Spa Finder Gift cards which you can get online at costco ($100 for $75). Service prices are very reasonable for a resort.

Massage was very nice and professional. The rooms are clean and serene with heated tables and soft linens. The scented oils are a very nice upgrade.

We had the Seafood buffet (Thursdays). $22 for dinner beginning at 3:30. Extremely busy. Plenty of food but most not hot. I prefer my food hot not warm. My favorite item was the sweet mashed potatoes. The cold shrimp were terrible. They are cooked with head on and not cleaned. They're overcooked and complete mush. The desserts are very good and the fruit and salad. Food is mediocre but filling.

I look forward to returning to play and indulge and be pampered.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank laurlee
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our 3 night stay here and we had a great time! We will definitely be back.
The rooms were nice and clean. The pool & lazy river was clean and tons of fun! The Cafe Serrano, we ate at for breakfast 2 mornings in a row and we were satisfied with our experience. *They also gave me a small container of Peanut Butter one afternoon so I could make my son a sandwich. (Left ours at home) They didn't even charge us. So nice
The only complaints we have is the wifi was up and down and boy, the prices of food at the various places in the food court, were outrageous! :-/
Thanks Morongo, we will be back soon and spread the word about your resort!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Julie K
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I just went for the pool side lounging and drinks. The band was playing, it was windy so personally I would pick a hot not so windy day :) The price is great for what it offers. Parking is free and there were also enough chairs for people to lounge in as well as clean bathrooms and plenty of towels.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lovetotravelyvo
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I went to Morondo casino for the first time and had a great experience. When you walk and it's clean and everybody's having a great time at the slot machines, upon check-in we were told to get a players club card and we did and it came in
handy. When we went to our room I was pleasantly surprised on how nice it looked in the bathroom is huge. We got and
our swimsuits and went to the Oasas pool, what a great pool!!
I really enjoyed myself there
and my husband and I reserved a private cabana.

The cabanas are amazing they
have a mini fridge two chairs a
small sofa with cushions and a little table, color TV,there were water bottles, sodas and a fruit basket in the mini fridge it was
amazing. We were facing the big pool and we had our lounge chairs in front of our cabana and it had to beach feel because there was sand, it was amazing. We took a tube ride on the lazy river which is nice and relaxing and we also went down the purple slide many times it was so much fun.

Was not excited about the buffet that night wasn't that great but
the restaurants around the area of the casino were amazing and the breakfast at Serranos was the best omelette I ever ate... This is a great place for a quick getaway, mini vacation or just to sit and relax. You would love it plus there's an outlet center nearby as well. I can't wait to book my next adventure at Morongo casino!!!

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Ritamarie045
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have stayed here several times but usually just stop by on my drive to and from the desert. The parking lot is well lit and guarded so I have no issues leaving our RV and trailer full of motorcycles outside while going inside for food and games.

The rooms have always been clean, and the beds are uber comfortable, good TV, nice bath products, fast Wi-Fi, and an awesome pool. The resort fee is a bit outrageous at $50.00 for access to Wi-Fi and the pool.

The casino has plenty of slots, plenty of card games, the poker room is small and often pretty empty. The last time I was there (Halloween 2013) they had removed the craps table.

If you are going to party I suggest not doing it in your room and having all your fun downstairs. Once I was forced to leave our suite ($500 per night) and the casino after receiving a noise complaint on my birthday despite having another night booked and spending several thousand dollars in the casino downstairs.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank roscobe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room quality for the price is excellent. you don't have to be a gambler to enjoy this resort. The pool area is very nice and the restaurant on the top floor is excellent. The view from there is fantastic.

Room Tip: Get a top floor for the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Tom V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabazon
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
#6 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
The Palm Springs Hotel
The Palm Springs Hotel
#9 of 71 in Palm Springs

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!