“employee discrimination”

Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I took my family on a holiday weekend to morongo casino.I had A very bad experience with the employee working that night. I was having A good time gambling ,until one of the dealer came to deal on the table I was at give me a bad night. She was mad at me because I had comment that she deal fast like a horse. She call a floorman to get me out of the table. Then worse of all the floorman call the supervisor. The supervisor came to kick me out of the table as well. Telling me that I can't gamble on that table I was at.,I could go to any other table but that. I was so mad that I wouldn't leave the table because I feel it was a discrimination. So the security had to kick me out. I would never ever step my feet in that casino no more. And I would recommend no body to spend their holiday over their as well. It seem like the floorman and the supervisor didn't care if they loose the consumer visiting at the casino. by Sally in Perris California.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank SalPerrisCalifornial

Reviewed April 27, 2008

Recently my husband and I booked a weekend getaway to Morongo resort and spa. To our disbelief, they treated my husband like a criminal because his source of identification was a US Permanent Resident Card (which is a federally issued identification card including his birthdate and fingerprint), which was backed up by an employment identification card issued by the US federal government...also with a fingerprint, and a drivers license of his country of origin. They refused to let us enter the bar and were told that he would not be able to drink alcohol on the premisis. When I took this issue to the restaraunt supervisor, he said "oh those are the ones those Mexicans use" no we don't except those. Despite the fact that my husband was served alcohol in three different areas of the casino earlier that day, (rightly so given that he is in his thirties), they refused to let him drink any further and even had a security guard tail us through the casino. I have never witnessed such blatant discrimination against my husband, just because he is not from this country. On top of that their rooms have thin walls and their poker room is the worst I have seen on the west coast. You would be much better off in Vegas or Los Angeles.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Onishi8
Reviewed April 15, 2008

Took the family there for a celebration for my mom's birthday, so the stay was primarily for her, but we all had a great time!.

Activities:

Besides the obvious gaming available, there were lots to do for non-gamblers and kids. I took my boys to the outlet stores nearby (virtually next door) and later took them to the bowling alley, which is on property, but not attached. However, they provided outstanding shuttle service - we never had to wait but a minute, and the drivers were friendly. To show you their service, we asked a bowling attendant to please call for a return shuttle. By the time we walked out the door, we could see the headlights of the shuttle! The bowling alley offered "Cosmic or Extreme" bowling with lots of loud music and lights. Kids and I loved it. The lanes, shoes, balls were very clean.

Our 10 year old boy spent some time in the extremely small arcade, which I thought was disappointing, but he did not mind.

The next day was spent by the pool. Had a great time on the lazy river, slide and hot tub. The pool area was quiet and well-maintained and not crowded at all.

Food:

The Portero Buffet was overpriced for the quality, but the kids and husband loved the"seafood" night. They even brought out a specially decorated chocolate cake (beautifully presented on a plate by the way) and sang happy birthday to my mother. I thought this was a nice touch for a buffet.

Fast food court had Fatburger, which we love, so no complaints there.

Rooms:

Nice sized and fairly clean. Love the large bathrooms. Our adjoining rooms had showers only, so that may be something you want to inquire about when checking in. The tile floor was looking a little tired and the towels were a bit rough and thin for a 4 diamond facility.

The windows were large and we had a nice view.

Check in and check out were easy and fast. Staff was friendly.

Best part:

I really was amazed that we had spa facility access with the resort fee. Usually the resort fee is only for ridiculous services that should be included in the room charge (e.g. parking, pool use), but here, we were able to use the spa facilities, including the indoor whirlpools, lockers and showers. All the usual spa amenities were available (soap, shampoo, shaver, lotion, deodorant, hair dryers, combs, etc...) along with flavored water and fresh fruit. I was truly impressed.

Overall, I was really happy with our stay. My mother really enjoyed her time especially because she actually won a little money!

The only downside is the overpowering smoke from smokers. They need a better filtration system because you are met with choking smoke immediately upon entrance to the hotel/casino.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Katrinacat
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Morongo is a joke !
We where told check-in was 3 p.m and had requested an early check-in and denied, no problem it was just a request, however we didn't get a room untill 5.pm. We went to use the pool and an employee told us he was closing the pool, this was at about 6:30
p.m. ( pool hours listed till 9:00 p.m.) . Food was over- priced.
Hated California style craps. At night casino area was so crowded
we really could'nt play. Watch out for hidden fee's on your bill.
over-all I was not pleased with my stay, it just felt like being nickle & dimed to death for everything. I will say that the best part of the weekend was the bartender in Cielo, very freindly and poured a drink that was worth the money. In the end, for the money they charged we could of gone to Vegas, where we've always had a good time.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank travelersouthbay
Reviewed March 17, 2008

we used to go all the time but no more they got greedy and i have recommended my family who lives in vegas to come never will i do that again vegas is much better and you get more for your money .
morongo is the worst.

all of the indians reservations are bad they don't pay out.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank leebaca
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Exceptional service, free valet parking, beautiful rooms, friendly staff. I don't know what to say except excellent and exceeded all of our expectations. If I had one complaint, it would be some of the food was a little over-priced. But lets face it, when you're on holidays, its not such a big deal!!!!!
I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2008

I've reserved the room with two double beds through the hotel website. When I arrived first they tried to scam me to 300$ a night upgrade. After that they've told me that they have rooms with only king bed available. So we had to sleep in one bed with our child. They did not even say sorry. The non-smoking room had smoke smell in it.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Val074
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabazon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Days Inn Banning Casino/Outlet Mall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Oak Valley
Travelodge Banning Casino and Outlet Mall
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
#44 of 75 in Palm Springs

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!