“First and Last Visit”
Review of Casino Morongo

Casino Morongo
Ranked #4 of 6 things to do in Cabazon
More attraction details
Owner description: Spacious casino complex measures 100,000 square feet of gaming entertainment featuring 46 gaming tables, 100 slots and a big-stakes bingo hall.
Carson
“First and Last Visit”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Like a lot of places in So. California, this casino is a crowded dump. To drive all the way out to the desert to a place where you wait in line to use a urinal? No sir, not me! The staff is unfriendly and I'm not so sure whether they prefer a certain profile customer over more diverse faces. The place is packed with Asians and the Casino don't seem to or need to care for other city folk their house.

Visited December 2011

Portland, Oregon
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Smoky and rude staff”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Played at the casino late one night. Decided to stay overnight. Casino host (asian lady who BARELY spoke English) told me I could stay for the player rate of $99 a night. Later that night (morning actually at about 2:30 AM) she called and said she was mistaken and that the rate would be $149 a night. I was groggy and couldn't beleive I was getting a call at 02:30 so I just hung up. The next day, she wasn't in and the desk staff said "sorry, the rate we show is $149". NEVER GOING BACK

4 Thank Ripper4
Chino, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Morongo is a No Go”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I don’t know where to begin on describing this place. I went to this Casino back in May 2011 for Memorial Day. My husband & I wanted to check this place out because of all the commercials that we’ve seen and we remembered when the casino was under tents. Ever since they have remodeled the place, we haven’t gone for a visit and see the changes, so we decided to go.

Décor is below average and buffet food is mediocre. If you still decide to check this place out after reading my review, I highly recommend signing up for their card to eat their buffet or if you prefer to gamble then I think you get $ credit. They have different specials so it depends when you go. At the time we went, we paid $10-$20 for 2 people to eat at the buffet after signing up for their card. For us, that was the better deal than gambling since we were hungry. I would also recommend trying to go during non-holidays and when school is in session.

Of course at the time we went, the place was very crowded and they raised the bet limits for the tables since it was a holiday, and there weren’t many empty spots for people to gamble. I like to play the “wheel of fortune” slots and it was packed. I got lucky somehow after going around the casino 5 times & won some $ though, but still, I don’t like this casino because the environment & crowd makes a big difference.

There were a lot of young people there. As you know, just because 18 years old is considered an adult doesn’t mean they are mature. So yes, there were a lot of immature youngens at the place. There were a lot of gangster wannabes, so I didn’t feel safe, although there were a lot of securities but I still didn’t feel safe. I had to keep on checking to make sure that my purse was zipped & closed at all times. I felt like people can just pick-pocket me as I walk or gamble since it was so crowded.

I would not come back here even if someone offered me free food & $100 credit. It’s a waste of my time & waste of my gas; it’s not worth the trip for me. For now, I don’t recommend going to this casino.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank Daisy4yoo
Riverside
“We stayed for a concert had fun and great rooms and staff”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Honestly I didn't expect much, not because I read reviews but because it was a casino hotel. I was pleasently surprised. This was a great place to stay, clean, friendly, good food, all around a great deal. Would definately return. Thanks for a great time.

Visited September 2011
Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“not worth the stop”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

...we happened to live in the Inland Empire ( greater Los Angeles) for years and whenever I went to the Premium outlets there, I wanted to stop at the Morongo Casino. Last week we were on vacation in Indian Wells, Ca and finally went. I am not sure, why I came even up with the idea, to save time and a trip and not drive to Vegas, because quite frankly, the Potawatomi Casino in downtown Milwaukee is a first class institution compared to the Morongo Casino. From the minute, one arrives at the Casino, one has the feeling one gets ripped off.... o.k. all Casinos are more or less a rip off... but the others just hide it so much nicer.... I was really disappointed...

Visited August 2011