“The fully dressed 'Indian' motorcycle on display is an eyeful!!”
Review of Ruby's Diner

Ruby's Diner
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Cabazon
Cuisines: American
“The fully dressed 'Indian' motorcycle on display is an eyeful!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We were quickly seated during a busy lunch hour- orders placed and delivered within 10 minutes. The food wasn't great - thin greasy fries, my hickory burger had so much hickory bar bq sauce I had to spoon it off. Husband had a traditional Ruby burger, served with avocado on a sourdough bun- no complaints there . Service was excellent. We enjoyed the framed artwork of other diners and 50's motels.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Did I go to the same Ruby's as the other reviewers?”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Maybe my expectations were too high because the Ruby's Diner that used to be in Chandler, Arizona was so good. But, this Ruby's didn't hold a candle to it. We stopped for dinner on a busy holiday weekend. That could be another reason for the disarray and confusion that culminated in poor service and mediocre food. We were greeted with indifference and since there was a wait we chose to sit at the bar. Unbelievably, we were handed menus and the hostess pointed toward the room instead of seating us. We discovered too late that there is a bar and a counter. We should have sat at the bar. Sometimes what is average seems poor when things go wrong. And, I ordered an entree when I should have just ordered a burger and fries. Mushy, inedible vegetables put me over the top.
I love Ruby's theme. I will try another Ruby's if I can because the Chandler store was so exceptional that the company must be good. Either the Morongo store is mis-managed or I just visited it at the wrong time. I hope they improve.

• Visited November 2011
Ca.
“Always Great!”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Cold and rainy outside so of course we began with a cup of delicious clam chowder, followed by a signature burger and endless fries. Service and food always great!

• Visited November 2011
La Quinta, California
“Blast from the Past”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I travel from Palm Springs weekly and for the past 3 weeks have stopped by Ruby's Diner for a meal. I have to tell you that the service is the nearest to perfection than I have ever experienced. Our waiter is the best waiter ever. The food is also very good value for the money you pay. The diner is immaculate as well. What I do is buy a Ruby's Diner card at my local warehouse store for $39 and I receive two $25 gift certicates and what I save on the card I use for a tip. I end out paying $25 for a meal for two plus tip. It works out well for me. I would recommend it to family and friends.

• Visited October 2011
Hemet
“Nostalgic interior that is inviting.”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My daughter (17) and I stopped here after several hours at the local outlet stores. Service was great to start, though after one check after delivering our food, we did not see our waitress or anyone else for a refill on beverages until I stopped someone that was walking by us. There was not a crowd, and there was plenty of help available.
Food is good, though nothing special. My daughter had a 50/50 shake with vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet, a tasty novelty.
While waiting for our food there was a young man circulating who made animals from balloons. He had a $10.00 bill hanging from his front shirt pocket to let people know he accepted tips. Other than that, it was free.
Although the food was good, and the atmosphere nice, this is nothing special.

• Visited July 2011