“Amazing Luxury Brands! Horrible parking....”

Desert Hills Premium Outlets
Palm Springs and Outlet Shopping Day Trip from Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Cabazon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Desert Hills Premium Outlets is more than just a great collection of the finest brands, it offers one of the largest collections of luxury outlets in California. Include a shopping stop during your next trip to the Los Angeles area. Situated near the popular Palm Springs resorts and surrounded by majestic mountains, it's not a mirage; it is a true bargain hunter's haven.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
San Diego, California
227 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,417 helpful votes
“Amazing Luxury Brands! Horrible parking....”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First of all, I have to preface this by saying I'm not an "outlet mall" kind of shopper. I typically have never even had a desire to go to an outlet mall because the times I have gone it almost seemed like left over stuff that were last year's designs that no one really wanted at the retail stores so they brought them to the Outlet Malls.

My experience with Desert Hills Premium Outlets totally changed my opinion and outlook on Outlet Malls. I'm not sure if other outlet malls are anywhere near as good as the brands here but I'd definitely consider giving them another shot after shopping here.

We were in the Palm Springs area on vacation for the week and didn't really have any plans to do any shopping at all in the area. Part of the reason was because we were going to Beverly Hills for 3 days and did some shopping there which is always great. The funny and ironic thing is we ended up buying higher end designer stuff at Desert Hills than we did in Beverly Hills!

We passed this mall on the way to Los Angeles and we noticed a few big names so we said he would hit it on our way back to Palm Desert where we rented a house. There were so many great stores we didn't have time to hit them all! We ended up coming back for a 2nd visit during our vacation.

The first time we came it was during the week and it was very full but no where near as busy as Sunday before Memorial Day weekend. It was absolutely packed! All of the parking lots were completely full! I'm not sure if this is the norm on the weekends but hopefully not. We had to end up parking by the Cabazon Mall in some make shift field parking lot. If it's busy I suggest you immediately just park in this field parking lot next to Cabazon Mall (which is next to Desert Hills). I wasted about 30 minutes just trying to park so I'd recommend you just go there first if it's busy. Then there is a shortcut to the back of the mall so you have easy access to the mall still. Beats the nightmare of trying to find a parking spot if it's busy.

The brands were amazing! We always get Ralph Lauren Polo clothes for our kids as the style and quality are fabulous. The prices were amazing! And the style and selection was better than any retail stores. We were laughing as we saw several things we recently bought for the kids at Nordstroms and it was 50% less than we paid. We ended up getting 5 shopping bags at Ralph Lauren Polo for kids alone. It was very big with great selection to choose from.

We ended up shopping at James Perse, Prada, Ralph Lauren Polo for adults, Armani, Gucci, Nike, Theory, Tory Burch and a few others.

And again, the quality and selection was far better than any retail stores. Not all of the prices were discounted vs. retail so keep that in mind. For example, although my wife found tons of stuff at James Perse, I only found a few shirts. Most of the stuff I liked was the current stuff and the prices were the exact same price at a retail store.

But at Prada I was AMAZED. I didn't even know Prada had outlet stores! The quality and selection was great. I really love Prada stuff and most of my shirts are Prada. I typically have paid $400 for dress shirts and here they were $170! For the same thing. I bought several shirts. $390 sunglasses that I bought for my wife in Europe were only $180 here and she got a pair. The thing to keep in mind is certain stores like Prada have a NO REFUND or NO EXCHANGE whatsoever policy so you better be sure once you buy it you want it. But most of the other stores had a return policy with receipt. So it's best to inquire when you are buying. But I was amazed with the stuff here. I'm not sure I'd buy a $400 dress shirt again after hitting this Outlet store. LOL.

Some stores were ridiculous with a line to enter the store! For example, to enter Tory Burch they had this line with rope since they said only a certain # of people could be in the store at one time. There was no line the first time we went but on Sunday there had to be 35 people waiting in line. I kind of found that comical. But the stuff was pretty good.

My whole outlook on Factory outlet malls has changed after visiting this place. Check out the website for all the stores. Really amazing luxury high end stores. Since we only live 2.5 hours from here we probably will come up a few times of year for Rest and Relaxation and shopping!

4 Thank saintba

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Awsome!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been there several times and always bought too much. It's a bit far from center of Los Angeles, I've approached from San Diego via Hemet, short time traffic jam was there, but my favourite outlet which has a lot of branded stores.
JPY currency is slightly weak, but I think all the price tags are fruitful for most of Japanese still.
In addition, some goods/models are unique which are not available in Japan.
If you have enough time to drive, I recommend to come Palm Springs, it's not so far.

Visited June 2012
Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My Favourite Place!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We are in LA at the moment and have driven out there twice! May even go for a third LOL. This place is beautiful to look at, big and has most of your favourite brands including luxury brands that you would never normally see an outlet for. Great bargains, love this place!

2 Thank TheAzzoGroup
Jakarta, Indonesia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Best factory outlet near los angeles”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is my favourite shopping place near los angeles, the best factory outlet with lots of branded store.

The main parking lots are under contruction, we were there on saturday on mother day periode but not too difficult to find a parking space.

Fews stores were closed or under renovation too

The bargain here is very good, the choice of the goods are fantastic.

There are 2 food courts, there are 2 chinese food there

It is the place must visit for the shopping lover especially from asia countries

I will be back again here

3 attraction reviews
“Great place to do some serious shopping”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

There are plenty of outlets. Spent half a day to go through most of the shops. Not everything r cheap. Shops like Kate spade and Coach offers great discount ( ESP the latter due to some Mother's Day promo). Tory burch has a queue to enter. There are food courts both on either wing to offer some rest to the limbs n water to hydrate the body in desert environment.