“Tired, just need some sleep”

Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Buttonwillow
San Diego, California
“Tired, just need some sleep”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had driven north 8hrs the day before and after 6.5 hours this day I just needed a rest and some sleep. Told my GPS to find motel 6 in Buttonwillow, CA. It took me to a motel 6 that had seen better days. Then just a little ways down the road I saw a new looking Motel 6 sign. This place looked much more inviting and turned out to be great for what I wanted. Lady at desk said the GPS probably thought this Motel 6 was still the original motel (can't remember the name now) but the building had been purchased and converted to the Motel 6 brand. Less than $50.00 with taxes, clean, new looking bath and decor. I was pleasantly surprised. Fast food and a resurant were walking distance and there was a T/A for cheap gas and numerous small stores for odds and ends. Only complaint was the WiFi was weak in my room but all I really wanted was a good sleep which I got. This motel is much nicer than most motels I've stayed in for much more money. I would reccomend it.

Room Tip: If you are sensative to noise do not get aroom facing the freeway
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank specialgeh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Okay folks.... what can you expect for a Motel 6 in the heart of the meth capitol of America? This is better than expected for cheap roadside accommodations. It is relatively clean, the staff seems competent, and I did not feel the need to keep a 9MM on the night stand. Internet connection was so-so, no loud events outside, guests seemed under control. It is conveniently located right off the interstate.

One plus: Check out the taco truck up the street. For you who are looking it's the real deal. The food is excellent and cheap!

Room Tip: Yeah right... give me a room with a view.... Hey, it's a cheap roadside place to lay your head...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JEB1960_8
Martins Creek, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Nice motel good location. Room clean and comfortable. As with all Mote 6 need to guide for local channels. If you need Internet access do not get room back side and end of building. I had room 138 and no access. Other than that nice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We wanted to break up our drive to Southern California and have stayed with Motel 6 before. The first location I booked was in Coalinga but it had bad reviews. I read the ones for this location and decided to stay there. We stayed at the one at the end of the street on the right. It was decent but I accidentally stopped at the other one on the left first (a semi truck was blocking the one we booked) and it seemed newer and nicer. It's true that it didn't have the traditional Motel 6 look but seemed more like a Best Western (which I like) and the gentleman behind the desk even had on a Valentine's Day shirt to celebrate the holiday. If I were to do this again, I will probably book the other location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2014

TripAdvisor must split the reviews for Motel 6s in Buttonwillow. There are two Motel 6s in Buttonwillow. The original (#1354) is on the east side of Tracy Avenue and it looks like a traditional Motel 6. The newer one (#4533) is on the west side of Tracy Avenue and up against I-5 and used to be a motel of another name but is now a Motel 6. I have stayed at the original Motel 6 many times, including this last stay in late April. It is farther from I-5 and if you get a room facing the east (in the rear) it is relatively quiet. This motel is also incredibly cheap: rates are in the low 30s.

This Motel 6 is quite adequate and a great value for the money. It was a hot day and the room AC is in the ceiling, not under the window. That is actually great since it is much quieter up in the ceiling. The floors were clean, the bathroom was clean but the desk top and night stands had water stains and sticky stains on them. There were a lot of plumbing noises from nearby rooms when people drew water or flushed toilets which was a bit irritating. The biggest problem, typical of most Motel 6, is that the bed was lumpy.

But for low-$30s, it was a great value!

Room Tip: A room in the rear would likely be the quietest.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Road_Rambler59
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had a good nights sleep at this Motel 6. Your standard kind of Motel 6. We stay in them because they accept dogs. Friendly check-in. One of the better Motel 6s. No complaints here. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KenandDoug
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed January 6, 2014

There are two Motel 6 locations in Buttonwillow. Only one showed up offering a location to write a review about. We chose the northern most unit as it is further from I-5. It is on the east side of the frontage road.

Large rooms, we had two queen beds. Nice carpet on floors. Pretty quiet. nicely done. Large open area just north for the dog to run in. Dirt area but open and well lit at night.

Room Tip: Better to find a room further from I-5 on the east side, but I did not see the types of rooms there...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jmay336
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buttonwillow
Best Western Heritage Inn
Motel 8 Maricopa
Motel 8 Maricopa
#1 of 1 in Maricopa
Holland Inn & Suites

Been to Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5? Share your experiences!