“Good Place to stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Buttonwillow
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had a good nights sleep at this Motel 6. Your standard kind of Motel 6. We stay in them because they accept dogs. Friendly check-in. One of the better Motel 6s. No complaints here. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KenandDoug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tualatin, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

There are two Motel 6 locations in Buttonwillow. Only one showed up offering a location to write a review about. We chose the northern most unit as it is further from I-5. It is on the east side of the frontage road.

Large rooms, we had two queen beds. Nice carpet on floors. Pretty quiet. nicely done. Large open area just north for the dog to run in. Dirt area but open and well lit at night.

Room Tip: Better to find a room further from I-5 on the east side, but I did not see the types of rooms there...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jmay336
San Jose, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just to be perfectly clear, I am reviewing Motel 6 NORTH in Buttonwillow, the classic-looking Motel 6 toward the far end of Tracy Avenue, on the right side as you approach from the freeway. This is not only a nice hotel, but at $31 per night, a really good value. The room was spotlessly clean, tub in the bathroom, larger than typical Motel 6 rooms, carpeted (no tacky vinyl flooring that Motel 6 is installing in most of their properties), the windows were well-insulated from freeway noise and the cold (no drafts), there was central heat and AC (making it almost noiseless), and everyone at the desk was friendly and eager to please. I did my laundry at the hotel in the morning, had a problem with the detergent dispenser, and the lady at the desk immediately assisted.
This hotel is not only an extremely good value, but a truly clean, well-managed, and comfortable place to spend the night. Highly recommend it and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank GroupLeaderSJHS
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Rooms are just right and clean.....for a one night stay going back home was good. Staff was friendly and very polite. I really had a good sleep and will stop another time when going back to long beach.........!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rob b
Guerneville, California, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice staff, but that doesn't make up for the foul smelling rooms, very noisy from highway dirty uncomfortable bed (felt like a box spring) and very stained. I used to stay here many years ago and it was a cheap good place to sleep on our way to LA. Well not any more. We had a line of cars backed in, right in front of the 3 rooms we rented. In the morning they started their very loud engines and warmed them up for 10 min (which is very inconsiderate at 6am) however I don't blame the hotel for that, but I do blame the hotel for the fact that our windows wouldn't close and we all had rooms full of exhaust fumes. Also you can't even wash your face and hands in the water, it leaves you all slimy feeling. We left 6 hours after we arrived and rented another room down the street. My daughter and her friend were greeted with a roach right when they walked in.

Room Tip: it really doesn't matter, we were on the backside and the highway was still very loud. Windows d...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear KerryD,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the noise and maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Buttonwillow hotels

Orange County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is one of two Motel 6 locations at the Buttonwillow offramp, along the 5 freeway. Haven't yet tried the newer location, across the street. This location is the older of the two and is typical Motel 6 through-and-through. I've stayed here more times than I care to mention, as my Dad participates in vintage racing events at nearby Buttonwillow Raceway Park. This visit was for one night, although I usually stay 2 nights per visit. Rooms are mostly clean (always some bugs, as it is in the middle of San Joaquin Valley farmland) and basic. Beds are comfy enough for a night or two. Everything works as it should. You can't expect much from a Motel 6, but for what they offer, this location is perfectly adequate. There is a good deal of noise from semi-trucks on the highway, but that's to be expected at an offramp location like this. This older Motel 6 location is a bit further from the highway than the newer one and, from what I understand, is a bit quieter at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We viewed rooms in both the Motel 6's in town, and decided that the one at 20638 was a better choice for us. The two hotels are almost adjacent, but the newer one is the first one you come to, after the exit and a left turn, on the left side of Tracey Avenue. More people were staying at the newer one, and it was bustling with activity. The reception was very friendly and we looked at a room, which was "upgraded" as far as this chain goes, and quite nice. The problem was the number of people, the beds, and the proximity of the freeway. The next Motel 6 is a block further on Tracey, and on the right side. It is older, many fewer rooms were occupied (which meant no adjacent or upstairs noise), but still the same size rooms and ammenities (very minimal) and attention to cleanliness details. I checked out the beds in both motels, and the ones in 20636 were definitely firmer and more to our taste. We had two comfortable beds, a very quiet location (No freeway noise at all), and a good night's sleep. We do not normally choose a Motel 6, but we had been on the road 11 hours, and weren't sure what was ahead of us on I-5. There is an odor of cattle in the entire area (but not noticeable in the rooms with the air/fan on), which can be offensive. We certainly got our money's worth ($38.18, senior rate including tax). We headed out earlier than we usually do (no breakfast or coffee offered) and got our coffee at the nearby Starbuck's. We ate dinner at the recommended Willow Ranch, and it was delicious, with a friendly family atmosphere.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back unit were further from the highway noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buttonwillow
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield
Red Roof Inn Bakersfield
Red Roof Inn Bakersfield
#18 of 62 in Bakersfield

Been to Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5? Share your experiences!