“Scary stay at the Motel 6”

Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Buttonwillow
Reviewed July 28, 2012

After driving 16 hours straight decided we needed to crash....anywhere...So chose the Motel 6....ooops....never again...the stains on the carpet and the burn holes in the bed spread were the first indications...maybe the bars on the windows too?...then the drunks outside our room at 2 in the am...woke me up,so I had to go to the washroom where I walked through some cobwebs and then saw the family of spiders in the tub along with the mold...so obviosly no shower the next morning...We put in for a wake up call for 6,but were up and gone before that....never again....a least we can still joke about our experience there....lol...the best thing about it though was the price,so you get what you pay for....

Room Tip: You men at another motel?....hahaha
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5

Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

The two gentlemen that greeted me when I pulled in, late, and after a sixteen hour drive, were so helpful. Both Christopher and Javier accommodated me by making sure everything I needed (pet room. ground floor, access to a plug) was met within a few minutes of my arrival. I was very pleased with the professionalism they displayed. Also, when an issue arose the next morning, Beverly handled it in the same courteous manner. I will be back, and will be happy to send friends. The room was clean, basic. but had a coffeemaker....as well as a cappuccino machine in the lobby. Big smiles.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Do say more? Absolutely disgusted with with my condition right now- bites from head to toe. They reimbursed us for the rooms and told us the bugs are most likely from the cockroach family??? Like that is any better! Steer clear!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank dnc9
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Kids and I stayed for a night on the way to Arizona. Not clean generally and real live roaches in the room... none of us slept too well. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mel s
Reviewed February 7, 2012

There are two Motel 6 in Buttonwillow. This review is for the Buttonwillow Central at 20645 Tracey. Service was excellent, we had a room with a king bed, a refrigerator, microwave, large counter, a separate desk and desk chair. We had no problem accessing the included wi-fi. The room was large and bright, the bed comfortable, (I always travel with my own pillow so have no pillow comment), although the motel is next to the "service" road and the I-5 freeway we had no noise during the night. I understand this Motel 6 is newer and more expensive than the other Motel 6 in Buttonwillow. This Motel 6 misspelled our friends last name so told them they did not have a reservation and directed them to the older Motel 6. They were able to obtain a room for the night. It was less expensive, smaller room, typical Motel 6 but adequate with good service. As a group of us were at the Motel 6 Central our friends checked later in the evening and that was when the misspelling error was discovered.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed at the Buttonwillow Motel 6 and they said it was a more updated one with queen beds so we picked that. We never were able to access the "free wireless" even after a couple calls to the front desk and they would not give us extra pillows or blankets as ours were super thin and flat. The front desk guy said "Uh I'd have to close the office and go search for maybe one blanket is all we can spare". It was nicer than some Motel 6's and really out in the boondocks there isn't much to choose from, so for 50 bucks, its doable. BUT in the morning when you leave, there is a taco truck parked right by the freeway on ramp, ohhhhh yummmy!!! Super nice, super clean, super yummy and the best breakfast burrito ever!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the other side, we were in 112 (or 102) and it was pretty noisy with the freeway on ou...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TammyBetrus
Reviewed November 18, 2011

For the value, this Motel 6 was an excellent value. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buttonwillow
Best Western Heritage Inn
Red Roof Inn Bakersfield
#13 of 63 in Bakersfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North
Best Western Plus Wasco Inn & Suites

Been to Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5? Share your experiences!