Rodeway Inn I-5 at Rt. 58
$59
$115
Studio 6 Buttonwillow(Buttonwillow)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I arrived in the late evening to what appeared to be a near empty hotel and was told that no ground floor rooms were available. I was given a second floor room that smelled like it had been closed up for months. The bed was worn out and smelled pretty bad.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RegularCustomer23
econolodgeinnandsuit, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn I-5 at Rt. 58, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

I apologize that your late arrival did not allow for a ground floor room. Some rooms may have been out of service for repairs or deep cleaning when you arrived. We won’t rent a room that isn’t in good condition. While we haven’t had any other reports of odor problems or bedding issues, we will recheck our second floor rooms and address any issues we find. We’re constantly cleaning, repairing and improving to make sure every guest is satisfied. For any ways we failed you, I’m genuinely sorry.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I enjoyed staying at this motel. We had a suite which was very clean and quite affordable in price. There was lots of space, and the kids went in the pool. Their wifi worked well, which is a must for me because I work online. I really liked their breakfast too. I would definitely come back again on my way back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank emily f
Reviewed February 23, 2014

No, this isn't a review of a long forgotten Spencer Tracey movie. This is an actual story about a hotel that exists this very day, The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is because I always thought that people who gave 1 star reviews were congenital malcontents. Now I know better. This hotel is 1/2 way between San Diego and home in N. Cal. Since it is part of the Choice Hotels family and there was no Comfort Inn or Quality Inn I picked this hotel expecting it to be the best of the Buttonwillow hotels. We were disappointed. We had a "suite" which actually consists of 2 former rooms with an opening cut in the wall between with one room serving as a bedroom and the other as a living room. Not a bad concept but in this case it was poorly executed. I don't know if the owners did the remodel themselves or if they just didn't want to pay for a quality job. This "suite" still has both exterior doors from the original 2 rooms as well as many uneven wall/ceiling irregularities where walls formerly stood. In addition, the carpet was not only extremely dirty but appeared not to have been vacuumed as there was litter present. The Wi-Fi service did not work and even though I made a second request, management was either unable or unwilling to correct the problem. I resorted to going to the local McDonald's where the Wi-Fi works very well. But, like any good movie, there was some comedy relief. There were 2 televisions , one in the living room area and another in the sleeping area. They were both set at the same remote control frequency so when the person in the sleeping area changed the channel on 1 TV it also changed the channel on the TV in the living room area. Spencer Tracey never had it this bad.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrandfatherFrog

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We take pride in the quality of our rooms, and I’m sincerely sorry if we fell short of your expectations in any way. I apologize for any lapses in cleanliness or maintenance. We work every day to make this property better and better. While hundreds of guests each week are satisfied, we’re sorry we can’t meet everyone’s expectations on every occasion even though we strive for 100 percent satisfaction.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
econolodgeinnandsuit, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn I-5 at Rt. 58, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location next to i5.
Check in staff friendly & helpful.
Room basic but noisy. Heating didn't work properly so room was cold. Budget hotel but not good value for money. Cleanliness could be better.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry that the room you were assigned didn’t meet your needs. We could have moved you if the heater was broken, but we haven’t had any other reports of a broken heater. We strive to provide the best possible combination of value and amenities, and I’m sorry if we fell short in your estimation. I hope you’ll give us another try. We work to make this place better and better every day, and I believe it shows.

Thanks,