WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Buttonwillow
washington
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I were driving down to California from Washington and back, and we needed a place to sleep, quick! We heard about this little place through Choice Hotels. Decent price for a king sized bedroom for one night. There were beetles all over outside and it seems they had joined us in the night. Found 3 the next morning on the floor. Our room was on the highway side and it was a little noisy, but it was more like a hum of noise. Everything was clean and the bathroom was very decent! Had enough towels for four people. The TV was definitely an older one, but they had a good selection of channels to choose from. Service was nice, and everyone was kind and helpful. Breakfast was not very satisfactory (cereal with warm no-fat milk, donuts, waffles, coffee and nothing else) but it was a good start for the day to get back on the road. Free food is always good, after all. I think we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Monrovia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

While driving to L.A. in late June 2013 I stopped here because they allowed my Golden Retriever to stay (with a small fee) and there was ample room to park my very large 26' U-Haul truck and Auto-transport trailer (about 40' in total). The room (121) was clean and comfortable. The A/C worked and made for a good nights sleep.

If you are looking for a five star resort this is not your hotel. However, if you are looking for a nice place to rest while traveling i would recommend this place. You can't ask for much more than that for $40/night. I did not partake in any of the amenities while there but everything looked clean and well kept.

Happy Trails!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Yreka, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel was every bit as nice as higher priced hotels. The hosts were very accommodating to our family. While the room was smaller than higher priced hotel, it was as clean or cleaner than the other hotels. The boys commented how well they slept and how the beds were so comfortable. It was conveniently located next to I-5 with choices for dinner. Open farm land lies behind the hotel, perfect for a pleasant run. Breakfast was just enough to get us started for a day on the road. Too often we pay too much at hotels whose amenities we can not fully access or use. This hotel was priced just right and met our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Redwood Valley, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

After 7 hours of driving with four kids ages 9 years-9 months we found that Bakersfield was SOLD OUT. The entire town had 0 rooms. So I called Hotels.com and they found us this place in Buttonwillow, about a half hour away. We were really thankful to have the room so I tried hard to find things to love about it but by the end of our stay I was really disappointed. The room felt fairly clean except the chairs and couch. They were visibly filthy. It made me a little sick to my stomach. I'm not a TV person but in a hotel it's nice to have a decent TV. The TV they had was the exact same one my parents had in their bedroom in the 80s when I was a little girl. The children had a hard time watching cartoons because the colors were all off. The breakfast was where I really lost any respect I was trying to maintain. Donuts, bread, waffles and that was it. No fruit. No protein. They had hot water but no tea ?? They didn't have enough waffle batter and when my son and I asked for more the hotel woman asked us our room number in an accusatory way and she was the same woman who checked us in the night before. I stumbled for a minute since we had checked in late and been at many hotels on our trip and she sat and looked at me like "You're not getting batter until you tell me your room number." The room was for a large family (family suite) and they only gave us two towels. And after all that, it wasn't cheap at all. I paid the same as I would have for a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ayla S
econolodgeinnandsuit, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge Buttonwillow for your recent stay in our area.

We thank and appreciate your review.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Management has been apprised about what happened as you mentioned in the review and also the hotel staffs have been given special training on guest relationship and managing their requirements to the highest satisfaction.

• Your comment on the amenities has been taken care of.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper presentation and to ensure ample stock of breakfast items. There are a multitude of breakfast items to choose from such as waffles, danishes, juice, cereal, tea, hot chocolate etc.

We take guest reviews seriously and I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will find our hospitality and amenities to your best satisfaction and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Buttonwillow hotels

Sidney, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Extremely unpleasant reception staff, poor welcome, no breakfast served before 7 am, expensive for run down old place. very noisy, echo from the highway in back area as well. Go anywhere, can't be as bad!
Tried to claim my credit card did not work and asked for cash,
when I said I had no cash, the card suddenly went through. Nice scam!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms, even the back is extremely noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank louise B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you had however unlikely may it be.

We have taken adequate steps to check and ensure that the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staffs have been given the required training.

The hotel staff has also been advised to ensure proper hospitality.

The credit card transaction process has been made more efficient.

The catering section has been instructed to look into the quality and quantity of the items. Breakfast begins at 6:00 am.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed in the room with 2 double beds. It had no closet and was pretty small, but it was clean and the refrigerator and microwave both worked. WiFi was a bit slow but manageable. Staff was friendly and we had a room not far from the pool and away from the highway so it was very quiet. Plenty of places nearby to get something to eat. Just needed a driving break from the journey to San Diego, and would use it again for that purpose.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside are far side are quieter as they are away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank avaryclassylady
jaghomeva@yahoo.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Buttonwillow is typical central California interstate town. Just needed to stop for the night to sleep. Got good night's sleep here, then left early in the morning to get back on the road. Good breakfast options close to motel, since economy motels typically don't have a strong breakfast option. Overall, I slept well in a clean room, which was all that I expected. Very solid Econo Lodge property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jaghomeva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buttonwillow
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Taft Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
#8 of 62 in Bakersfield

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!