After 7 hours of driving with four kids ages 9 years-9 months we found that Bakersfield was SOLD OUT. The entire town had 0 rooms. So I called Hotels.com and they found us this place in Buttonwillow, about a half hour away. We were really thankful to have the room so I tried hard to find things to love about it but by the end of our stay I was really disappointed. The room felt fairly clean except the chairs and couch. They were visibly filthy. It made me a little sick to my stomach. I'm not a TV person but in a hotel it's nice to have a decent TV. The TV they had was the exact same one my parents had in their bedroom in the 80s when I was a little girl. The children had a hard time watching cartoons because the colors were all off. The breakfast was where I really lost any respect I was trying to maintain. Donuts, bread, waffles and that was it. No fruit. No protein. They had hot water but no tea ?? They didn't have enough waffle batter and when my son and I asked for more the hotel woman asked us our room number in an accusatory way and she was the same woman who checked us in the night before. I stumbled for a minute since we had checked in late and been at many hotels on our trip and she sat and looked at me like "You're not getting batter until you tell me your room number." The room was for a large family (family suite) and they only gave us two towels. And after all that, it wasn't cheap at all. I paid the same as I would have for a much nicer hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Econo Lodge Inn and Suites is conveniently located 28 miles west of Bakersfield, off the I-5. We offer an outdoor swimming pool, guest laundry, and Early Starts continental breakfast every morning. All guestrooms have free wireless internet, remote control TV with cable that includes HBO. The Econo Lodge is located just minutes away from the Buttonwillow racetrack. Whether traveling for business or pleasure this Econo Lodge Hotel provides friendly customer service, relaxing accommodations, and affordable rates. We look forward to seeing you soon.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Rodeway Inn I-5 at Rt. 58 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Inn And Suites
- Econo Hotel Buttonwillow
- Homeland Hotel Buttonwillow