“Drive by...do not stop”
Review of Charm Motel

Charm Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Burney
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The room was not only small, it was filthy ! King bed actually sunk down almost 3" on one side due to box springs being broken and bottom falling out. Towels were like sand paper and you were allowed 2 only. Housekeepers all smoked inside rooms as they cleaned them (I saw 2 in one room at a time with lit cigarettes hanging out of their mouths). Television was so old and small (maybe a 12' screen) that you could barely see it it from bed nor could you understand it due to it's age and size of speakers. Sat on couch and was immediatly bit on leg, ankle nd lower back from some kind of bug. DRIVE BY AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OT A NIGHT'S SLEEP ON THIS PLACE

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peg P

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I went here with my husband and 2 yr old. The rooms are small. The bathing area hardly had space for you to move. I found it hard to bathe my son there. The kitchen has everything you need: stove, fridge, sink. So it worked for me. But its not a hotel room you look forward to going back to. We did a last min long weekend booking, so we didnt have much choice. The breakfast is very minimal, so I wouldnt count on it. There is a safeway within walking distance. The AC worked well. Overall, I would say it was a no frills place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RK7
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Funny that one person said "If you want a good night's sleep...". I had a great night's sleep and am not one that sleeps well on the road. However I went in the summer. I didn't need to run any AC at night. I just opened the windows and let the great fresh air in. I know running heater and AC can be annoying sometimes.

The first room I had was close to the road and sounded noisy. But I asked the front desk to move me and they quickly moved me to another room. Joyce, the front desk person, then called to make sure the room was to my liking. A nice touch, I thought.

Furnishings are not modern or oppulent. But the place was clean, quiet at night, beautiful surroundings and quiet. I thought it a pleasant accomodation.

The breakfast was nice and healthful. Oatmeal, canned fruit, V-8 juice, granola bars, applesauce, various juices.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2008

If you want a good nights sleep this is NOT the place to stay.
Room was cold heated only once then turned off. neaver came back on. at 4:30 a.m. loud noises from room upstairs and on both sides started ,then several autos started up, just to idel for over an hour. Snow Ball fights out in front , leaving the sidewalk as slick as the parking lot.
Light Bulbs in room burned out so not enough light to read by.
The manager was unconsured when we told him of our experiance. Will not be returning.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 24, 2007

This is not an elegant place but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. It is far enough off the highway that the noise in not a factor. There was a small refridgerator in our room as well as a small television with about 40 cable stations. The room was big enough but the bathroom was pretty small. Though they have no pool, you can walk next door to the Green Gables and use theirs if you show them your room key. Breakfast was some cheap juice and a packaged sweet roll so we walked down the street to eat.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family