“Gorgeous and huge waterfall! beautiful trails”

McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Burney
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular hiking, camping and fishing park.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

After a great drive on the scenic byway CA 89 from Mccloud, we reached this park. We completed the waterfall loop trail (1.3 miles) amidst 2 days old snowfall which made some paths in the trail look more beautiful.
They have campground and access to lake britton too but we didn't try it.
Parking is 8$ for day's use - I wish it was free. No food provisions inside the park. Nearest food place is about 8 miles away in Burney city.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went for a one night get away to this park last March. I was blown away by the falls beauty!! The camping was great. The bathrooms were beyond any campground bathrooms I have come across in my travels (and CLEAN, too). Granted we were the only people staying in the park when we visited, but I was still impressed. The walk to the falls is easy peasy, and they're so beautiful. We did the little 1 or 1.5 mile "hike" across the river and back which was most enjoyable. I noticed the grounds and this path seemed very stroller friendly. We looked around for some other trails and found a couple of ok ones, but this is not a place to go if you're looking for a great hike or workout. I feel this park is better suited for those out of shape or with small children.

The drive up is very scenic was well. I enjoyed this park for our short trip, but can't imagine being entertained for more than a night or two. I would return again not with this this park as a destination, but a stop on another trip.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The waterfalls were easy to access from the park entrance, although there was a bit of confusion with the "self-registration" that led to a line of cars waiting to get in.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The view from the top was nice. Due to the ice and snow you could not go to the bottom to see the falls. Some what disappointing.

1  Thank germex14
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've done this a few times. First time was with my Grandfather and his wife. She had Parkinson's in the early stages at the time and was able to do the short walk to the falls. Years later I went back with my parents and we did the walk around the creek. We were really out of shape but were able to make it.