Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport
Bay Landing Hotel(Burlingame)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
$179
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame(Burlingame)(Great Value!)
$191
$179
  • Pool
Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport(Burlingame)(Great Value!)
$139
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$159
GardenInn.com
All reviewselephant barsfo airportsan franciscofree parkingel toritocontinental breakfastmake your own wafflesyogurtshuttle servicebay viewplanes landingnice walking pathearly flightone night staycoffee makerbart stationdowntown burlingame
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at this property while I was attending a conference next door at the Marriott. Hoped to stay at the Marriott, but it was booked up.

The VIESFOA is a bit older and I was worried when I read some of the negative reviews, but it was just fine. Friendly staff, clean, decent bedding and bed, nothing to complain about.

I had one of the rooms on the bay side which abuts a walking path and looks out towards the runway at SFO. The noise was not a bother at all and it was fun to watch the lines of planes landing and the people walking by.

If you were a paranoid person though, I would suggest getting a 2nd floor room if you are on the bayside as the public foot path is just a few feet away from the slider to your room...not that I saw any unsavory types in my 3 days there, but some people would not be comfortable with others so close. You can see in the photos I've attached, the wall out the window is on the other side of the path, so the path is close, between the bushes and the wall..

The breakfast was the usual motel thing, cereals, yogurt, fruit and do it yourself waffles.

Plenty of parking, close to the airport, free shuttle...

Not a vacation spot, but certainly fine for a night or two on business.

Oh yea, in its favor also, free wifi! It was $10 a night in the Marriott!

Room Tip: Second floor on the Bay View side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave A
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all the feedback. We are glad you were satisfied with your short stay with us while you were in town for a conference.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Close to airport it was good for our early morning flight.Very much in need of updating we found it to be very rundown and not very clean.Staff was friendly but no one was available to help with our luggage to our room.We had 3 large bags and 2 carry on so we had to make two trips to get it up to our room.There are better hotels in the area next time we will choice another.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anastasia D

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are glad you were satisfied with the location and our friendly staff. Our property is planning on finishing up the rest of our renovations soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I needed to do a few things near SFO airport that's why I chose this hotel/ motel.

Reasonable price with free breakfast and free shuttle bus to/ from SFO every 30 mins. Elephant Bar is just next to this hotel.

I stayed there during early spring so the temperature was still a bit low. Couldn't adjust the room temperature because the equipment was a bit outdated. So, it's pretty cold inside the room --and my room was facing the bay/ parking lot.

There's a mini fridge and coffee maker inside the room. Iron and iron board were also provided.
There's a wide range of TV channels that I could choose from.

The only thing that I was not aware of (when I first arrived there) was that it's a motel type. So, all rooms were exposed to the public. Those in the parking area and those from Marriott hotel might be able to see me going in and out the room.

Suggestion: may need housekeeping staff who can speak English (one day I asked for clean towels; I had to speak slow(er) so the old lady could understand).

Overall, it's a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

We appreciate all your feedback. We are glad your overall stay was satisfactory.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great convenient place near SFO. Clean & comfortable room. Nothing fancy but exceeded our expectations for a small hotel. Reservations were a snap and upon arriving, the staff were friendly and welcoming. This hotel is near a couple of restaurants; we walked right next door to the Elephant Bar and were able to get a table with about a 5 min wait. Our room was on the 2nd floor and we had a small balcony. My husband loved being out on it to watch the incoming planes landing.they offer complimentary meal in the morning, but our flight was an early one, so we were not able to enjoy or comment on it. You won't go wrong with staying here for the night or making it base camp for exploring the bay area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your nice feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully next time you are in the area, you can try our hot breakfast.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The location and convenience was great. Comfortable and clean, just a little outdated. Also, difficult to regulate the room temperature as all the rooms are on the same system. Nice breakfasts and beverages are available all day.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.