New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport

Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location & reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I needed to do a few things near SFO airport that's why I chose this hotel/ motel.

Reasonable price with free breakfast and free shuttle bus to/ from SFO every 30 mins. Elephant Bar is just next to this hotel.

I stayed there during early spring so the temperature was still a bit low. Couldn't adjust the room temperature because the equipment was a bit outdated. So, it's pretty cold inside the room --and my room was facing the bay/ parking lot.

There's a mini fridge and coffee maker inside the room. Iron and iron board were also provided.
There's a wide range of TV channels that I could choose from.

The only thing that I was not aware of (when I first arrived there) was that it's a motel type. So, all rooms were exposed to the public. Those in the parking area and those from Marriott hotel might be able to see me going in and out the room.

Suggestion: may need housekeeping staff who can speak English (one day I asked for clean towels; I had to speak slow(er) so the old lady could understand).

Overall, it's a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreciate all your feedback. We are glad your overall stay was satisfactory.

Eli Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ceres, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great convenient place near SFO. Clean & comfortable room. Nothing fancy but exceeded our expectations for a small hotel. Reservations were a snap and upon arriving, the staff were friendly and welcoming. This hotel is near a couple of restaurants; we walked right next door to the Elephant Bar and were able to get a table with about a 5 min wait. Our room was on the 2nd floor and we had a small balcony. My husband loved being out on it to watch the incoming planes landing.they offer complimentary meal in the morning, but our flight was an early one, so we were not able to enjoy or comment on it. You won't go wrong with staying here for the night or making it base camp for exploring the bay area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully next time you are in the area, you can try our hot breakfast.

Burlingame
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The location and convenience was great. Comfortable and clean, just a little outdated. Also, difficult to regulate the room temperature as all the rooms are on the same system. Nice breakfasts and beverages are available all day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I needed a hotel near the airport. All the higher priced hotels my company typically books were sold out, so I took a chance on the Vagabond. I was extremely pleased. The location, right on the bay, is great with immediate access to the shoreline walking path. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable, and the plumbing worked well. And, the Internet was free, which is not typically the case at the higher end hotels. Also, The free breakfast was one of the best with regard to food quality and variety that I've seen in a restaurant of its class. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay cost more.
1 Thank Todd P
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I needed a hotel close to SFO with shuttle service. I didn't want to spend too much since it was just an overnight stay and I was looking for a clean, comfortable place that would get me to the airport for an early morning flight.
The Vagabond is a little like stepping back in time. The entire staff is friendly and very helpful. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a friendly smile and given much helpful information. The first room I was given had a bit of an off odour. I went to the from desk and explained that I have several allergies and was unsure of the odour, so I was given another room, and was told "if that room was unsatisfactory, we'll just keep trying until I find a room I feel comfortable in". In fact the second room was just fine. I had a great night sleep and the shuttle in the morning was right on time.
The hotel is located to a few good restaurants all withing a short walking distance. Also, there is a nice walking path behind the hotel to stretch the legs after a long travel day.

Room Tip: There is no elevator at this hotel. If this is a problem for you, you can request ground floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your short stay with us, our friendly staff, and comfortable beds.

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I spent 10 days here on business.I extended after 5 days. A very traditional style hotel/motel. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Direct TV, Microwave, Coffee machine and fridge. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Ana Santana on the reception is a real welcome. The regular shuttle and proximity to airport and BART for downtown were great. Breakfast is good and restaurants close by make eating easy. I would recommend and will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Go for the South side rooms. Airport noise is obviously an issue and garbage collection at 5am on th...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post a nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our comfortable clean rooms, friendly staff, and good breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next business trip.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great hotel and very convenient to SFO airport. Staff are the very best of the best. Very clean rooms and great to have a microwave and refrigerator. Also, very great restaurants next door and great walking route with view of airport.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but the water view rooms (for a little more dollars) are the best.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our friendly staff.

Eli Jimenez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#3 of 12 in Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport? Share your experiences!