“Disgusting!!”

Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed November 1, 2012

If I could rate in the negative I would. My non refundable reservation was booked &prepaid sight unseen. Front desk girl Shamira? was super rude. This place looked like a motel 6 from the 80s. The outside was dirty &the room was old, smelly and there were stains on the room's wall. I was already grossed out. While inspecting the mattresses and box springs for bed bugs I found a CRACK PIPE. Yes, a CRACK PIPE! When I went back to the front desk Shamira did not apologize &gave me keys to another room. I asked to speak to the manager and was told there was not one on duty, but would txt the manager. I left, found a room at another hotel and went back to demand a refund. There was now a new employee at the front desk who told me I was given a 20% discount & there was a problem refunding the entire original payment. He then called the manager, WHO WAS UPSTAIRS to walk him through the refund process. Do I need to say more???

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Vee W
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay. Our front desk agents did have a problem to do a full refund at that time. We had to contact our IT tech, but a full refund was issued that night. If you have any questions please give us a call.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here this a couple weeks ago before flying out of SFO. The hotel was very easy to find with GPS and is right next to a fabulous restaurant. The restaurant next door (forgot name) has good food, a nice bar with lots of tv's for sporting events and a beautiful view of the bay. It was a nice place for our last evening in the Bay area.
The Vagabond is a clean, and comfortable hotel. We only slept here and were out very early for a flight. It's a bit noisy (thin walls) but we were so tired that the minute we fell asleep we didn't hear a thing. It's a great place to say before a flight...very convenient.

Room Tip: If I were to stay again I would probably ask for a room on the top floor, might be quieter...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose F
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon if you are in the San Francisco area.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Vegabond near the airport through 10/12/12-10/15/12 in room 103. The a/c in the room didn’t work and when calling the front desk and spoke with a women name Moa (who was extremely rude) said that it depends on the temperature outside, which was hot by the way and I know that was bs, because my mother in law was in room 306 and their a/c worked perfectly fine. So I asked Moa what she can do because it was hot in SF. She said she couldn’t move us rooms, or pretty much do anything. Someone was supposed to go to the room and look at the a/c but all we go was a knock on the door and a housekeeper with 2 mini fans. It was hilarious because the fans were fans you place in your car, 1 didn’t work, oh and the one that worked was a little bigger and a heater, that week and I was literally sweating and woke up every morning at 4am to open the windows.   I cannot believe they couldn’t accommodate any of my requests, fix the a/c (no) change rooms (no) fans at least (not working)  Not only did this hotel not have customer service, well I shouldn’t say that cause the women the next day I talked to was very nice, they were vacant, which I can tell because there wasn’t parking half the time but she apologized for this Moa women and it seemed like that women gets complaints all the time because once I told her who I was dealing with (Moa) she said OOOhh okkk. Like she knew where I was going with the call..
Plus they charged a $100 fee on my credit card and it didn’t come off till today 10/19/12
Very very upset with this hotel… they provided nothing.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MsZabalza

Thank you for your review. Sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. We know our HVAC system is an older one. It runs on a central based system. We did have our maintenance person take a look at the unit in the room you were staying in, they reported that the lever on the thermostat was pointed toward the heat side. He switched it up to cooling and later reported it was working.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I would like to compliment Anabella and her staff on the great service they gave me at the hotel. My room was always kept clean and always in a very timely manner. Great job! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and happy you were satisfied with our staff. We hope to see you again soon, if you are in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My only issue with the hotel is that the heat/cooling is confusing. But if you read the little disclaimer next to the thermostat, it explains it. If the hotel is in heat mode, the fan will blow out hot air. If the hotel is in cool mode, the fan blows out cool air. We didn't realize that and woke up in a pool of sweat, had to open the main door to cool off the room.

Issues not hotel related, 7am woke up to some lady yelling at her son off and on for 40min. The woman had to have been off her meds because she had no dynamics in her speech. Was very bizarre. Sounded like a mentally challenge robot.

Then after they went away, someone was listening to techno-latino, with lots of bass, in there car for 20min. I'm a musician so I love music but, c'mon??!!! 7am and you need to listen to your music that loud?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
mburlingame, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking some time for your review. Our heating/cooling unit is an older system and can be a bit confusing. We plan to do some upgrades to our system in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Room clean, fridge very nice, loved the free parking and free airport shuttle. Room a little expensive. Even though free breakfast did not start until 6am - she was getting it ready at 5am so was able to get some orange juice, coffee, and blueberry muffin. Shuttle drivers excellent and on time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are glad you liked some of the amenities we offer to our guests. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the San Francisco area.

Asst.General Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Vagabond Inn San Francisco Airport is a wonderful place to stay. It is close enough to downtown San Francisco to come and go to the city easily without being in the middle of it. The walkway along the water is beautiful all times of day and it's fun to watch planes landing and taking off, in addition to the shore birds and beautiful views.
The breakfast is amazing! Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pastries, fruit, hot oatmeal with all the toppings...it goes on and on. Definitely an added bonus to the hotel value! We found a wonderful Mexican and Italian restaurant in the little town of Millbrae, just across the bridge from the hotel - an easy walk if you're so inclined. Easy access too - the 101 Fwy takes you right to Vagabond's front door. All in all a four-star stay! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time for your review. Our staff is glad you enjoyed some of the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to this area!

Asst. General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport? Share your experiences!