“Perfect for pre or post flights”

Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed August 11, 2011

BRING A FAN!! For some reason the air stops working in the middle of the night, and its HOT. or try turning it off for a couple hours before bed then turning it back on. Anyway, nice place, old building but they try to make it look nice. Old windows etc, but overall nice. My mom really liked it. TV with cable, fridge, microwave, cute soaps, and best of all a free shuttle to the airport. free breakfast and coffee, and the Elephant Bar is right next door. We drove around the corner for Panera and In-n-Out but it was quick and easy. Being on the 2nd floor we heard a lot of noise in the middle of the night, so try to get a top floor. also some rooms face the water I think...but the water is a quick walk around the building. you can watch the planes come in and the sun set :)

Room Tip: get a third floor room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie F

Reviewed August 4, 2011

If you're in the area for business or anything that requires you to be at SFO, this is a perfect location. I loved that I could walk along the Bay Trail and watch planes take-off and land.

There are two restaurants next door and another 1-2 about a 20 minute walk along the Bay Trail.

Rooms have a mini-fridge and a microwave. I appreciated this fact since I'd be there for several days and used it to hold leftovers.

Compared to other cities, the price was a bit high, but for the Bay Area, it's expected. This hotel was definitely the least expensive, good-quality hotel! I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay-side of the hotel have a Bay View.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is an Inn which works great if you don't plan to spend any time in the room.
The location is great because it is close to SFO International airport and Milbrae Bart station.
The room is average and very basic. Don't look for anything extra comfy here. The bedding is average, the towels are very very thin and the furniture is very basic.
The Wifi is slow but it works. The breakfast is pretty basic and the coffee is painful. (There are Starbucks and other coffee shops within 3 miles)
There are plenty of restaurants/bars close bay at walking distance such as the Elephant Bar and El Torrito.
This is a convenient business traveler type of hotel, definitely not for special occasions or romantic SF Bay visits.

Room Tip: Look for rooms facing the bay, away from the reception/main street area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is close to the San Francisco Airport and has free parking. It is next to the Bay with good views across the water at sunset. There are good restaurants nearby - including a good Mexican Restaurant. It is also literally next door to an Alamo Rental - you cannot rent from here but you can conveniently drop off a car that you have rented. The Inn provides free transport to and from the airport. The rooms are basic. The Inn is ideal for one-night stays, such as aiding with connecting flights or for when you have to get a very early flight out of San Francisco. The prices through Hotwire, were very reasonable. This was our second stay and we have another one planned.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We visited San Francisco recently and without reservation stopped at Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport recently in July 2011. The rate was excellent and location unbeatable right on the bay! Nearby Marriott and other big name hotels can't compete as Vagabond really takes such good care of guests with welcome cookies to start, free internet for convenience, and fantastic breakfast complete with scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and sausages, homemade waffles, yoghurts, cereals, toasts, fruits, drinks!!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the receptionist Avis was so courteous, friendly and professional.
Linda D.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

All important features when traveling to San Francisco. I was here to visit my son, who lives north, in the Civic Center area. Way too expensive up there. This hotel was an 18 minute drive (except in rush hour) to his place. It's right off the freeway and easy to get to. Plus, free parking - very important! Overall, an average hotel. Our room was clean and roomy enough. The breakfast featured eggs, sausage and hash browns, along with the usual, so that was nice. There is a good walking path that runs behind the hotel and along the waterfront. I felt safe when I walked in the mornings. All things considered, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Now, you might think I trashed the room - I believe in leaving things better than I found them, mama raised me well. So when I'm home and get charged for my 'free stay' which I still have a receipt in my possession, I'm more than miffed. I called to try to deal with the inn directly. The manager is not only unhelpful but down right rude and THREATENING.
Months later I'm still dealing with this issue. My boyfriend wrote a review while we were there about right for the price - unenthusiastic but helpful personel and decently clean rooms.
When someone accepts a coupon and then decides to reject it TWO WEEKS LATER, I do not believe that is the customer's fault. At that rate, I would have stayed somewhere nicer.
I've had past jobs where when an employee messes up they deal with the error, not the customer. BEYOND DISGUSTED.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank nazzrose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport? Share your experiences!