Over the past four months I’ve made 3 one-week long business trips to the Burlingame area, each time staying at this Holiday Inn Express. I’ve enjoyed my stay each time.
I’ve found the staff to be friendly and pleasant, from the front desk to the housekeepers. Each time I’ve had one of the renovated rooms and found them clean and comfortable. There was some kind of cushioned pad between the mattress and the fitted sheet that wouldn’t stay in place on my bed and would bunch up. I’d have to straighten it out every day or so. The free wi-fi was always up and working and proved adequate for my needs.
I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast every morning. There was juice, toast, warm Danish, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, biscuits, gravy, ham slices, pre-made omelets, and fresh warm pancakes. I really liked the pancakes. They have this nifty machine the size of a desktop printer, you push a button and about 45 seconds later out comes two fresh warm pancakes. They were great! I wish I had one of those machines at home. As others have commented, the breakfast room is small. I always had breakfast around 6-6:30 am so the room was empty. I went by once around 9am and it was a lot more crowded. There are extra tables in the lobby area. They were still renovating when I was last there and when they finish and their guest capacity increases, the breakfast room issue could get worse?
There is a convenient restaurant right in front of the hotel, Max’s. It made it easy for getting supper in the evening when I didn’t want to drive. In the evening, there were warm fresh cookies in the hotel lobby. They made for a nice sweet evening dessert. (cookies not available on Saturday and Sunday).
The hotel is located right on the edge of San Francisco Bay. In the evenings after I returned from work, it was easy to walk out the back door of the hotel and head either north or south and walk along the Bay Trail. The trail was a paved county path that followed the edge of the water. It was popular with joggers and walkers every evening. You could watch the planes departing or landing at SFO, or watch the shore birds in the water. Walking south was a little more scenic and nicer.
The hotel was conveniently close to the Milbrae BART station. That made it convenient to take BART downtown on my days off.
All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my stays at this Holiday Inn Express. It would be my first choice go-to place for any subsequent trips to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Francisco Airport South, a San Francisco Airport hotel, is centrally located to all the Bay area attractions in beautiful Burlingame, CA. It is just a short ride from our hotel to The Golden Gate Bridge, China Town, and Fisherman's Wharf. The hotel features views of the San Francisco Bay and double-paned windows for a quiet stay. Find complete relaxation at this intimate hotel with just the right location, services and amenities to suit the most discriminating client. The hotel offers 146 spacious guest rooms and suites. Begin each day with our deluxe Hot Express Start Breakfast at this contemporary hotel located just 5 minutes from the airport. Enjoy our outdoor pool, fitness center, 24-hour business center, free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves & refrigerators in each guest room, complimentary parking, and complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from San Francisco International Airport. Ask about one of our special packages like our Park, Stay, & Go Package. Don't forget to try Max's Bar and Grill adjacent to the hotel, a Bay Area favorite. Our professional staff is courteous, friendly, attentive and committed to making your stay fun, comfortable and memorable with first-class quality accommodations and legendary service to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South Hotel Burlingame
- Holiday Inn Express Burlingame
- Holiday Inn Burlingame