“Nice hotel, very clean and comfort.”

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
“Nice hotel, very clean and comfort.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Nice hotel, located next to SFO
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Rooms are big and very clean.
There's a shuttle every 20 mins to the air port and from there you can take the BART to the city.
Bee feat is OK. Self service.

• Stayed December 2012
Shethar M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Shay H

Thank you for your review. The Holiday Inn Express is excited you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your visit if your ever near San Francisco area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express, SF Airport on 12/4/12 for one night. The hotel rugs were dirty, the room was dirty and there was no heat in the room. The room could not have been warmer than 60 dgrees. I tried to slowly turn up the heat with no results so I turned the heat to 85 degrees. Stlll no heat so we froze all night. Also, no additional blankets in the room. I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shethar M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Yak A

Thank you for you review. The hotel would like to apologize for your uncomfortable stay. Our maintenance department will be checking each room to ensure guest comfort. We appreciate your review to create a more comfortable stay for our guest. The hotel will be renovating in 2013. We hope to see you and look forward to your reviews.

Best Regards,
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Third HIX in two weeks and this is bottom of the list. Not inexpensive and beyond outdated. Noisy, problems with everything in the bathroom, room brown, brown, brown. Nothing smells fresh. Where are the wonderful greens and blues of the updates. Embarrassing if you like HIX. Pleasant staff accommodated us for a very early arrival when we got in at 830 from Hong Kong. Thanks for that but I'm depressed just sitting in this room. Five years ago I hit this type of HIX at SFO north and vowed never to return there. This one is added to the list. Nice foyer! Will check to see if they have a greener room for tonight.

Room Tip: Don't come here. Nice Crowne Plaza near at almost the same price.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ynleung
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear ynleung,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Rest assured, your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I must say as an avid stayer at holiday inn expresses, this place by far looks the most outdated and in need of some remodeling. I have to imagine it is on the list to be done. Staff was nice.....nice view.

• Stayed November 2012
Shethar M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear WhiteGuyinMexico

The Holiday Inn Express appreciate's your review. The hotel will be launching its renovation and remodel in 2013. We hope to see you after the renovation is complete. We are very please that you enjoyed the hotel's view and staff. We would like to make your next stay with us a success. We look forward to your next review for 2013.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Selected this hotel for the end night of a business trip because of shuttle and supposed proximity to airport. Shuttle barely ok. Room in very poor condition. Worse was after a day of meetings and travel I come into a room stifling hot turn down the thermostat and get heat. The front desk says they don't have air conditioning this time of year. The room is HOT!! When I asked about cooling - the hotels response is open a window and we will bring a fan. This is an airport hotel next to a highway and a train. Open and window and sleep???? I guess I will take a cold shower!!

This could be more comfortable and the rooms could be better maintained. Price was in-line with other hotels I know have comfort systems so no great value.

Layout difficult, elevators slow. Would never stay here again and probably never at an Holiday Inn Express although I was assured by other business travelers that as a whole they were nice and safe.

Room Tip: I really don't know. Maybe travel a season when it will be either hot or cold all day.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Busygirl028
Shethar M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Traveler Busygirl028:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment concerning the Hotel.We appreciate your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. We sincerely apologized for your unpleasant stay. The Hotel has taken your comment in consideration concerning prompt shuttle service, room condition and thermostat. The Hotel has contacted the shuttle service company and addressed room condition by the Housekeeping Manager. The Hotel has made adjustments to the thermostat in reference to your comment. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the Holiday Inn Express.

Shethar M.
Sales Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights and room was big and clean just average holiday inn room and complimentary coffee booth 24/7 and very nice view from hotel.

<Room and Wifi>
Regular room. Not too big not too small....but a little bit dark and old. Toilet flush was not perfect. Wifi was poor connection throughout my staying. Always disconnected....and even at business center, one day whole hotel connection was totally disconnected for entire day....Many people complained at desk. I had to drive to starbucks for my work.

<Free hot breakfast>
It was simple, pancake, bread, banana, yogurt, egg etc, it was alright. No space when its busy time. So you need to eat in room sometimes.

<hotel staff>
Upon arrival, I was greeted by unfriendly two Asian women, obviously not happy with their job. I was looking at their interaction with other customers and already knew they were not nice to me and when it became my turn they were not nice at all. I requested for one king bed room but my booking was on double room somehow and she clicked tongue and long face to us. Since that time I avoid talking to them whenever they were at counter, next day they were gone and became two men at night time and they were very very nice and friendly.

<Conclusion>
Price was cheap so it was okay but wifi poor connection and sometimes bad unfriendly receptionists so next time I am not sure if I will choose this hotel. Lots of parking so no worries about parking.

Room Tip: Stay in airport side is nice view but sometimes they charge for additional fees.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fumister

Thank you for your review. The hotel would like to apologize for your internet disconnection. The hotel carefully research the issue and was able to conclude that there were connection issues within the entire area. During this week the hotel internet provider had technical issues throughout the entire city. The hotel is presently working to provide quality customer service to ensure guest a successful stay. We are very excited that you were able to experience are friendly staff and our most talk about hotel view. We look forward to making your next stay meaningful and rememberable with our hotel.
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was presenting at a large conference across the street, but a package I needed for the presentation was delivered to the wrong address. Luis Leon, the general manager, went out of his way to personally deliver the package to me! It was heavy and it was a nuisance, but he did it because it was simply a nice thing to do. I can't thank him enough! Also, my room was nice and clean. I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan K
Dear Susan K

Thank you for your review Susan. The hotel appreciates your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit at the Holiday Inn Express.