“Great place and staff!!”

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
“Great place and staff!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Great place to stay. The staff were very kind and offered great hospitality. Jackie (front desk) was extremely helpful and understanding!!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Handrum
sdodaro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you so much for the positive review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Jackie was able to take care of you. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Steve Dodaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
San Clemente
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here only one night on a layover before continuing my trip. The shuttle service from the airport was prompt and easy to find, the front desk personnel were friendly and efficient on check-in. The furnishings are a little dated but everything was spotlessly clean. For being so close to the airport it was very quiet and restful. The free breakfast was definitely a plus in my decision to stay here, and it did not disappoint. There was a good selection of fresh items.
The location is not convenient to the city. I didn't check out the public transportation but I did find that a cab ride into the city was about $70.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Perfect hotel to stay at to be close to the airport. Free airport shuttle, breakfast and close to the CalTrain line. Good value for the money if you do not need to stay in the city or if you need to travel any where between SF and San Jose.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Just stayed one night in this hotel. I would say, it's an average, typical Holiday Inn Express Hotel, nothing fancy, but okay for a place to stay the night, comfortable, safe and clean. We stayed on the 4th floor. I enjoyed the big screen tv and the Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Washroom was small, but had a nice shower, though tiny, fixtures were updated, with nice vanity and granite countertop. 2 bottles of water were complimentary. In the room was a bar fridge and a coffee maker. Room service was prompt. There were also extra pillows, labelled according to softness, either firm or soft. Parking was hard to find when we came back late that night, and I noticed, too, that the individual parking spots were narrower than usual, rather quite a tight squeeze I would say. The worst part I could comment about the room were the very sheer curtains which provided no privacy at all, there were decorative but permanent drapes on each side, but not functional, and couldn't be pulled. We booked our reservation through Hotwire.com, and paid a very affordable and inexpensive price for it. Will definitely come back, good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jovet
BrisVegas
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Had issues with our flt to Honolulu. We had to stay close to the airport to catch a flight to LA the next day. This hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast, use of the business centre and airport shuttle. This is the third Holiday Inn we have stayed in the US. By far the more modern of the ones we have stayed in. The lobby was full of tourists. This chain of hotels is GREAT value.

• Stayed October 2011
Gardnerville, Nevada
Reviewed October 24, 2011

There is one rant at the end of the review- BAD Customer Service from only one employee who needs to GROW UP.
My husband and I stayed here two nights-Friday and Saturday. (We flew in and out of SFO) We arrived at 6:30AM and of course, no room was available- but one was available by 9AM. That is very cool!
They did take our luggage for the day while we goofed around in San Francisco at no extra charge.
The room was average with a clean comfortable bed. They had the two extra pillows I requested in advance in the room- that was a nice touch.
They also supplied two small bottles of water with the room and the local water is good-tasting, so we refilled them each night from the tap. There was one 'regular' pack of coffee...not replaced for the second day, but with delicious fresh free coffee downstairs, I only suffered a little. (I can't even talk to my husband in the morning if I haven't had a cup of coffee)
Loved the big screen TV, although, we didn't watch it much since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The view of the bay was beautiful. Very serene!
We loved the free Wi-fi since my husband plays fantasy football and he had to set up teams...that was also a nice touch for a $140 a night room.
The bathroom is very small- but the shower has a rainforest shower head and a swooping shower curtain rod so it was roomy. The towels were horrible- harsh, scrapy and small- but very clean. This is a pretty clean place, which is important. No luxury, though. Functional is the word for the rooms. The shampoo and conditioner were the worst I've ever encountered. They smelled strongly of cinnamon and the shampoo had no foam...and my hair didn't feel clean after. Oh, well, I did bring my own since I always have a back up in case the hotel cheaps out.
The free breakfast was AWESOME! Plenty of shaved bacon, round breakfast sausage, lots of decent scrambled eggs, lots of fruit, several choices of sweet rolls, several choices of cereal, toast and juice. Coffee was hot, fresh and plentiful even at 5AM! We were impressed with the excellent service from the kitchen staff, too- they were helpful, fast and very thoughtful in quickly cleaning and replacing breakfast items and coffee.
Most of the staff were helpful and welcoming.
I asked one of the desk personnel if they had asprin in a vending machine or for sale in the hotel Saturday night. Jackie (she gave me her name when I requested it) said they were not allowed to give it to guests. I told her I was asking if it was for sale and many hotels have a vending machine or a small area with toiletries and OTC meds for sale. She said NO very loudly.
I thanked her, and as my husband and I ascended the stairs to our room, she started to 'mock me' and make fun of my request, giggling and laughing and saying , "Oh! If you want you can walk down to the gas station and BUY some" in a very loud voice. Patel, another worker at the front desk, who before this incident, was actually polite, started laughing at her comments.
Jackie needs to GROW UP and remember that hotels are dependent on their customer service. If I wanted to walk 4 blocks to the gas station, I would not have stopped to ask if she had a VENDING MACHINE or Aspirin for sale at the counter. At least, she should have the courtesy to wait until the guest is out of the lobby area and not able to hear her obnoxious, sarcastic comments. I was not impressed.
This might be trivial to another guest, but since Jackie is extremely young, and very inexperienced in dealing with customers, perhaps this will be a wake up call for her to learn about the service industry. I could have chosen another hotel in the area for this trip, and next time, I will.
Our son moved to the Bay area, so we will be visiting several times a year. JACKIE just lost Holiday Inn Express our business. Now, that may not be very significant, but, the owners/managers will have to make that decision. My husband and I are not used to being mocked by hotel staff within earshot when we are paying $140 a night for a room.

Room Tip: Bay side gets you a view of the Bay...the other side overlooks the freeway and main drag in the area...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Aptos, California
Reviewed October 5, 2011

With our home located about two hours from the San Francisco Airport we find it better to spend the night at a hotel close to SFO. This has two benefits, the first benefit is that we can sleep for one extra hour and the second benefit is that by using a “Sleep, Park, and Stay” hotel we pay about the same price to stay and park as we would pay just to park. This means that we can stay at the hotel for almost free. As an example if we just parked our car in the SFO long term parking lot we would need to pay a total of $165.00. The cost of spending one night at the hotel and leaving my car parked at the hotel for the entire trip was $159.73 plus tips for the hotel shuttle driver. We had three bags so at one dollar per bag we will spend $6.00 on tips. The room cost us $.73. Wow what a deal! I just love good deals.
We had a good night at the hotel with a solid six hours of sleep. I was awake at 3:00 am and Marti was awake at 3:30 am. We were in the lobby at 4:00 am and on the bus at 4:10 am. We arrived at the airport, checked our luggage and we arrived at the gate by 4:45 am. We board the plane and soon we are heading to Miami for our connecting flight to Quito, Ecuador.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple