“Great Service/Great Accommodation”

San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We recently spent 2 nights at this hotel and were impressed with the service. Our flight was delayed and thus we did not arrive at the hotel until 0500AM. Because we had lost our reservation, the hotel no longer had the room we had asked for. They did their best to accommodate us and early the next morning, they gave us a nice room with a great view of the bay and the landing strip. The room was cozy, clean and the bed was comfortable.

The breakfast buffet provided delicious coffee and lots of fresh fruit.. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Even though this is a big, busy hotel, they still manage to maintain a personal touch. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,776)

Reviewed June 28, 2008

This is a VERY impressive hotel. It is located on the bay facing the SFO airport. I booked the rooms facing the airport/ the bay and the view was very nice. Also try to book the weekend rate because the weekday rate is close to 100% MORE.
The valet was efficient and courteous. The front desk was very friendly and efficient, making the check in very fast.
The rooms were smaller than average. I guess that accounts for the low room rate the i got. It was $169 before taxes and parking. I believe the rate they quoted me for the same room on a tuesday night was $329/ night. OUCH !!
You have to pay for parking and Internet connection. Internet connection was $13.95/ day. The rooms were very clean and very quiet inside the hotel hall way.
Facing the airport, you would expect some noise from the incoming airplanes. Fortunately, you can BARELY hear the noise. There is a very very low rumble if you listen very hard.
Would i stay there again at the weekend rate..... MOST DEFINITELY !!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Ba11istic
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I booked a last minute stay at this hotel as was very pleased with our stay. The hotel is stylish inside with a great lobby/bar and work out room. The staff and food were excellent. The hotel is only 1 exit from the airport and has a shuttle. They do charge $18 a day for parking which was high but compared to downtown parking it was pretty reasonable. The propery is about 30 minutes from downtown San Francisco with medium traffic but just across the highway is a train station that will take you downtown. I highly suggest this as traffic and parking is a nightmare in town. I would stay at the Marriott again next time I am in town. In addition, if you are in the militay they have a great rate!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I attended an IEEE conference at this hotel, hence my comment that it wasn't my choice. The entrance is still under construction, but it didn't have any effect on my stay.

I asked for a quiet room, and the staff spent a fair amount of time locating one meeting my needs. The room was nothing special as far as decor, but the bed was first class. The staff offerd a smile and a hello when passing you in the hallways, which is always nice.

The airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes during the day and was prompt on both trips I made.

There isn't much to do in the area around the hotel, but then again I wasn't there for sight-seeing. If you need a nice overnight place to stay between SFO flights, this hotel is a good choice.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed May 25, 2008

The hotel charges $18 a day for parking!!! And they charge $15 a day for internet access. Who charges for internet access anymore? I would not stay here again.

Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed two nights at the Marriott San Francisco airport. The exterior of the building looked a bit dated, but once inside the hotel, I was very pleased. The lobby has a big two-story atrium with a surprisingly busy bar area. This was a fantastic area to view planes taking off and landing at SFO (which is something I enjoy doing, especially the 747s) while having a drink at the bar. We did not eat at the hotel, but there was a restaurant off the lobby area.

Our room was very clean (and I am guessing newly renovated) and quiet. In fact, the entire interior looked newly renovated and smelled fresh. We were on the 7th floor and never had to wait for an elevator. I appreciate quick, easily accessible elevators after experiencing hotels with ancient elevators that take forever. The hotel staff was friendly and the Starbucks downstairs a terrific convenience. I never waited long for anything-from check-in to getting coffee in the morning. The gym and pool area were also very nice and we made use of both areas.

The location is about a 20 minute drive into downtown San Francisco, so this hotel is not too far from everything (but not exactly in the heart of things either). You are near restaurants and other things, but we wanted to eat and sightsee in San Francisco. It is very close to the airport and has a nice walkway alongside the bay on which people strolled or jogged.

I didn't pick this hotel (we were with a group), and I wasn't expecting to like it so much. The rate was great and the hotel was really nice and clean. I would stay here again since it was very reasonably priced and was so nice inside.

6  Thank WeLove2Travel23
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Stayed here for one night on the weekend. Very nice hotel with a nicely decorated lobby to relax in along with an in-hotel Starbucks. During our one night, the hotel was quiet in the evening. We had a room overlooking the bay and the end of the runway, but windows were double pained and along with the distance from the runway, jet noise was not an issue. Free shuttle sevice to/from airport was great and runs frequently (I think it was every 10 minutes for morning flights). We wanted to use public transportation and were easily able to walk appx 10-15 minutes to the Milbrea CalTrain station. Located in a safe and clean area. Staff seemed friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank davidn1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Been to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!