“Convenient and comfortable”

San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I like this hotel when arriving at SFO late. As I emerged from the terminal the shuttle was waiting for me. Check-in was efficient, so I was plane to room in 30 minutes. My room was spacious and quiet with fast wireless internet service. I enjoyed walking along the bayside path, and if you are a bird watching definitely pack binoculars for the waders on the mud flats.

There are newer reviews for San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Due to weather delays, we arrived at SFO at 1am, with reservations at the Marriott for our party of 8, including two small children. The shuttle bus was still running, so we got to our rooms fairly quickly, and spent a comfortable night at the hotel. Our flight the next day didn't leave until mid-afternoon, so we asked for a late checkout, and spent the day at the hotel with the kids, who swam in the indoor pool, took a walk along the water, and napped, all thanks to the wonderful staff, who were as nice as could be to us and our little ones. We gathered for breakfast at the delicious (although pricey) breakfast buffet, which had a very nice variety of foods, including smoked salmon and fresh fruits. Even when they didn't need to be, the staff was warm and welcoming. This hotel has a spacious, comfortable bar area, immediate access to a lovely walking path along the water, and is incredibly convenient to the airport. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I liked the fact that this hotel was so close to the airport. I think it was a bit pricy for what it was, but I did manged to get a good night's rest. I found the room to be clean and a hot shower was a real blessing. The room service was not bad either. Good prices for the food made the stay more enjoyable. It was great to have shuttle service so close; I would certainly stay in this hotel again.

Belinda

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Spent one night in the Marriott San Francisco Waterfront for business; would never have chosen it for myself, but was booked in at a corporate rate. Check in was good and front desk helpful and courteous. The room was a disappointment; hair dryer less what I would have expected for the Marriott; incredibly disappointing was the chintzy in room coffee server; the one cup plastic slide in deal, something I would expect to see in a very low budget motel. The floor plan of rooms was awkward and confusing; only one main elevator entrance on each floor; very inconvenient. Carpets in the hallways were hideous. This simply did not have the feel or look of a pricey top tier hotel; if you are going to pay over 200.00 for a hotel room you expect some nice amenities; this hotel doesnt have them. And of course the hideously overpriced food and drink; 4.00 for coke and 5.00 for coffee; ok in a swanky nice luxurious place, but this hotel doesnt even come close to that. Deck area next to the water is nice. But it was a huge disappointment; would never stay there again. Try the Vagabond next door; less than half the price, and a free hot breakfast; and a great in room coffee maker; at least 2-3 cups.

Room Tip: Get close to the elevator; it took me forever to get there.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Came here for conference stayed for two days, check in time at 3pm arrived at noon room is not ready and half way through our meeting room is ready after 3 pm. Shuttle bus runs every 10 minutes from SFO airport, insulation of rooms wasn't that great both nights I was woke up by aircraft engines. From lobby to my room already had a power walk therefore did not check out the gym.
Buffet breakfast is expansive $23.00. I woke up early in the morning and had a chance to see sunrise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our room was stuffy when we entered, and cramped. No shower cap provided. Only when we left did we notice the nice walk along the bay outside. Room service was OK, although they forgot part of my order. The bar area is always busy, and attractive. Fine for an overnight.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here two nights prior to our longhaul flight back to Australia. Everything was excellent and we were able to start our long journey home in a good frame of mind (and health). Our large, comfortable room overlooked the airport (without the noise). Breakfast and evening meals were excellent and the staff helpful at all times. It's quite a way from the central city, so whether you get a taxi or the train (get the regular Hotel Shuttle to the Airport and hop on the BART), it's a fair distance to travel (at least 30 minutes). The beauty of staying here is that you're just a short Hotel Shuttle ride from the airport when it's time to travel. We got a late checkout as requested and were able to be fresh and showered just prior to our long flight.

Room Tip: Be aware that you're quite a way from the central city when you stay at any of the airport hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South

Been to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!