“One of the nicest for an airport property”

San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Asheville, North Carolina
“One of the nicest for an airport property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I go to San Francisco for work frequently and am a fan of the downtown area but for convenience had to stay at the airport area. They have a shuttle or it is a $10 cab ride- about 10 minutes or less. It is on the water - the Bay and the view is the airport landing strip which is in the water. It has the nicest waterfront seating (compared to the other hotels on the bay strip) with tables and couches if you want to go out in the morning and walk or work on your laptop. Overall it is a nice property considering it is near the airport but do keep in mind if your room does not face the water - you have a view of the Embassy Suites which may not matter if you are just in and out quickly. The rates are also about a hundred dollars a night less expensive than the Union Square area. It will run you about $60.00 cab fee one way to go into downtown so for 120.00 a day - you may want to just stay downtown if you plan on going downtown a lot.

Room Tip: The waterside has the prettiest view but also faces the landing strip. I did hear the airplanes late...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is a real Dandy my wife and I stayed here as we were driving up the coast a great hotel great staff the only issue we had was the price of the Starbucks we had a couple of yogurt parfaits and two coffees and i though we were going to re mortgage our house.The girl workings at bucks said the prices are controlled by the Marriott go figure oh well live and learn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
East Williston, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the last two nights of our family trip. We did not have a reservation but we were checked in very quickly. Everyone we came in contact with was so friendly. While I was waiting for my husband to park the car, my 3 year old son was running around the hotel lobby checking everything out and driving me nuts. One of the bellhops, Bill, came over with a little toy airplane for my son and an adorable stuffed animal for my daughter and told my son that he could have the toy if "he stopped giving mom a hard time." As you can imagine, as a mom, this was one of the nicest things that anyone could have done. My son immediately stopped and sat down on a nearby couch and my daughter proclaimed "This is the best hotel EVER!" We had been on the road for about 5 hours and I was exhausted. This small gesture meant so much.

Bill took us up to our room and was as pleasant as can be. The room was very clean and we had an amazing view of the airport. My husband is a big aviation buff so you can imagine how much he and my son loved this room. We actually sat in bed at night and watched the planes rather than the TV.

We were out most of the the next day and when we came back, our room was spotless. Our housekeeper, Whitney, even left us a note wishing us a good stay. I have never had that happen to me and it was such a nice touch! I can see that Marriott really takes their training seriously, and it shows! Everyone that we encountered in the hotel was pleasant. We had a billing issue with an extra internet charge and it was dealt with easily.

The only negative things that I can say is that the shower pressure could have been better and the Starbucks in the lobby could have stayed open later. The restaurant in the hotel looked nice, but with two small children, we found it a bit pricey. No big deal, we just went out.

All in all it was a great way to end our vacation. We would definitely stay there again when visiting the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you Marriott!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband (and best friend) had a 2 day layover in SF after a long trip to China. I decided to surprise him at the hotel. I checked in 2 hours before he arrived to get things set up. He had no idea I was there when he called from the airport to let me know he landed safely. The front desk staff, Basil and Melissa, as well as a lounge waitress, Jonalene, were integral in making my plan work. Jonalene was first in my covert plans to take on the task of remembering the time frame and placing a glass of wine at the front desk before his arrival to strategically catch his eye when he was checking in. (He had mentioned he hadn't had a good glass of wine since he left home.) All three of them were on the lookout for a guy matching my husband's description and Basil & Melissa had his name committed to memory. Every so often they would look my way to make sure it wasn't him. I was 'hiding' in the comfortable, busy lounge when he showed up and signaled when it was him. He noticed the wine immediately and I began to walk up behind him. Basil began checking him in and Melissa came over to help. My husband mentioned he'd love to have a glass and would do so right after checking in. Then Basil said, "Well, Mr. Kendall, this is actually for you." My husband was astonished and asked if I had put him up to it. Both Basil and Melissa admitted as much and my husband began to tell an endearing yet somewhat embarrassing story about me while I was standing, unnoticed, right next to him. Then Basil, practically on cue, directed a question to me prompting my husband to look over. He dropped his pack, jumped back 5 feet and shouted my name in one quick burst. It was the best moment ever. He took me in his arms and Melissa, Basil and Jonalene all shared in the moment. It was wonderful and I can't thank them enough for being so accommodating, professional and spontaneous. Everything was perfect and it wouldn't have worked without them! THANKS GUYS! Can't wait to come back.

Windsor, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I couldn't print my boarding pass in lobby or business center. The person who came to help blamed it on the airline web site. Should I buy that?

Great location for the night before or after a flight.

Food and beverage prices seem high.

My room on the north side got lots of airport noise until about 1 AM or so.

The restaurant displays a back and white TV image of the runway activity. It is possible to get a table from which it is not annoying.

Room Tip: Avoid north facing rooms.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had planned to spend the weekend in San Francisco, when my niece came to visit us, as she had never been. When we booked the room, my daughter had to work, so we would only have my son with us, for a total of four in the room. When my daughter was able to get the weekend off, we were so excited that it didn't even occur to us that with five of us in the room, they wouldn't be able to give us a roll away because of fire codes. Fortunately, Justin at the front desk came to our rescue and was able to upgrade us to a junior suite at no extra charge, as it wasn't rented for the night. It's nice to know that they are wiling to go the extra mile to accommodate their customers!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

we stayed in the san francisco airport marriott waterfront for three nights while visiting san francisco for the first time. the hotel was great. we had breakfast both mornings at the hangar--some of the best waffles & french toast we have ever had. the staff was very friendly, i had a billing issue and they resolved it immediately and were most polite. we ordered room service for dinner two nights and the food was incredible--and again, the service was amazing. the room was standard marriott, but very very clean and open. there is a free shuttle service to the airport that runs every 10 minutes. there is a BART station at the airport or there is another stop about a 15-20 minute walk away. the weather was perfect so we opted for the latter. they have an outdoor patio with firepits to watch the planes taking off and landing. you can also watch this from inside the restaurant. very incredible since the hotel is so close. its important to note, although we were close to the airport, i had a perfect sleep. there was not any loud noises or disruptions throughout our entire stay. starbucks in the lobby! just a note, we stayed 3 days without a car and this location was perfect for us for that. they also do have self parking, but i do not have any details on that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#3 of 12 in Burlingame
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!