“Great service, easy airport access”

San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Nice and close to the airport. Good shuttle service. Asked for view of the bay and got it. Good good and excellent service at Starbucks on site. Beds are comfortable. rooms are clean an modern.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,792)

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront many times and this trip was made extra special by Mateo at the front desk in the way he remembered my name and offered me an upgrade to a waterfront view without my asking. Also, when I was ready to leave, he overheard me talking about coming back in two weeks and asked if he could assist me with making a reservation, so I wouldn't have to worry about having a room for the upcoming business trip. Mateo could not have been more helpful or friendly in making a very memorable trip. The entire staff takes the time to say good morning or evening and is always smiling and making one feel welcome. My compliments to a great organization and I am looking forward to my next trip to San Francisco.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good here and the ammenities in the downstairs are excellent pertaining to Starbu...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for business. Right by the bay (overlooking the SFO run way). The lobby is bright and attractive. There is an on site Starbucks. Food at 'Hanger' restaurant is excellent as well. Staff are friendly and always willing to help. The hotel is right by the water with a sea walk right in front. There is a free shuttle to SFO from the hotel. The business center could be better. The computers do not have USB connections. Having to pay for internet use in the business center is kind of ridiculous considering internet access in the lobby is free. In room usage is roughly $13 a day. The rooms are large and clean. There are plenty of elevators at this hotel. I did not have to wait more than 10 seconds to get into one.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the water and airport runway.
1  Thank AfshinM
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel on the water with views of planes taking off and landing at San Francisco Airport. ( no noise from planes) There is a lovely path to walk along water. Not at all what one would expect of an airport hotel. The service was five star and the price very reasonable. Great restaurant. This Marriott is a short distance from downtown San Francisco.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank 648Seniortraveler648
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed here one night at the beginning of a three day trip because I wanted to go to the city while my husband conducted business in Palo Alto. The staff were all gracious and helpful, and the rooms were clean and comfy. I took a 4 mile run in the morning on paths that go all around that section of the Bay - I felt safe the whole way, by myself. Also, I took the shuttle to the airport to get the BART into the city - really easy and convenient.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear aerogirl59,

We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your recent experience with us. Thank you so very much for all of the wonderful compliments on our accommodations and customer service. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and make the most of your visit to our area. We will look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Mark Lewis, General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Upon my check in (Thurs. Feb. 23, 2012), Marriott employee "Mateo" did a fantastic job in being very accomodating and proactive in my special requests! His follow through on keeping me informed was very much appreciated. In addition to Mateo's professionalism, Ali L., Sr. Operations Mgr., also went beyond what was expected to make certain that everything was addressed. Both of these gentlemen are an asset to Marriott's winning team!!!

Room Tip: try to check in early and request bay view.
1  Thank flightdeckadvisor
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Sometimes (well, a lot of times) it's the little things that either make or break a hotel stay. Here I was impressed by a couple of details. Here's an example of an attentive member of the housekeeping staff. I was on one end of the hallway on the 9th floor, and found my key had been de-magnetized and I couldn't get back into my room. A housekeeper on the far end of the hallway noticed, stopped her vacuum, and came to my aid. She called the housekeeping director, who came and opened my door #9080 (after she did the usual security check to make sure I was supposed to be in that room.) I was in a hurry and it really mattered a lot to me. The concierge lounge is nice; and my room was super quiet. They use Pacific Coast bedding which is super luxurious. Just great all around.

1  Thank TravelTeam4985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Been to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!