“Great Location, Terrible Rooms!”

San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a large, sprawling really.....hotel that could be wonderful. The location is superb with a lobby that overlooks the landing area and right on the water. You can see planes coming in all day and night! We stayed here overnight enroute to Atlanta. Took a lovely walk for over l hour directly on the water, had dinner at a fun place up the road without having to cross the street and THEN ....unfortunately you have to go back to the hotel room. Very dreary, very dated, old free standing fridge, lumpy mattress, old everything. It could be so nice a property because of its location, but you really just want to get in and out of this place. Nice service, decent van service in the morning, quick and easy, but the rooms are not inviting at all. RTD

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Rooms are fine and location is also ok, near the airpoirt and an overview over the lake, but the hotel offers too little for the price you have to pay. No free internet the rooms, food and drinks are expensive and service is below what you expect.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 16, 2011

One of many typical airport hotels, though this seems to be the nearest with a lot made of it's uninterrupted view of the runways (screens in the public areas).

The bar and restaurant areas were pleasant and well decorated with a good range of food and drink. The rooms on the concierge level were pretty standard, though didn't have either a safe or mini bar. There was no real aircraft noise, however I did hear some strange noises in the hotel - sounded like a noisy lift even though I was a long way away from them.

I was in town for the annual Oracle Open World conference and it is probably a week to avoid unless attending as it is very crowded with delegates and prices/availability is a problem.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed here because we had a very early flight out of SFO the next day. They have free shuttles that run every 10 minutes during busy times and that was super convenient for us. My friend is a Marriots rewards member and was able to get us an upgrade to a suite with an airport view. It was a great view and a quiet, clean room.

We also had some wine that we needed to check on the airplane. I was worried that I was going to have to go out and search for an appropriate packaging. But the very helpful and friendly consierge stepped into a back room and gave us the perfect sturdy box with styrofoam inserts! For free. That made me one happy camper! The same consierge also gave us restaurant recommendations and directions.

Overall, a great experience and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Friendly staff. Very close to airport (and BART). Free shuttle to both every 1/2 hour. Nice view of water and airport. Very quiet, as I couldn't hear airplanes from my room (I staed on airport side).
Rooms and decour in need of upgrade.
Overall, if I had to stay near the airport again I'd stay here. If you're considering this location to tour SF by taking BART in, you should pick a spot downtown and avoid the commute.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this airport hotel for just one night prior to a flight. Clean and well situated close to the airport, friendly staff, easy transportation either back to the airport to catch BART or taxi or town car to downtown and the waterfront.. We would stay here again and really had no complaints. Arrived prior to noon and our room was ready.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2011

On our way to/back from Hawaii we stop every time for one night in this hotel.
2 nights and 2 different hotels....

On the way to Hawaii, I had booked a Bay view room; everything was perfect: room quiet on higher floor; room immediately available (after a 12 hours flight this is always appreciate). Room very clean and nice view of course; no noise issue (good noise isolation) very nice to see the aircrafts taking off/landing. Concierge very nice.

On the way back from Hawaii I had booked a concierge level room; more expensive than the bay view.
We arrived at 9 p.m. at the hotel (I had informed the hotel of time of arrival); the concierge started typing on his computer saying that "he will try to find me a room" (please note that I had booked my room 4 months prior arrival) as there was "a big Oracle convention going on you know ...." after 10 min with a big smile he handed over to me the key for a room "not on the concierge level but you will be able to access the concierge lounge" like if he was making a pleasure to me. It was the evening, we were tired so we took the key; ... 4th floor (note that the concierge level is on 11th) ; ok just want to sleep ... no view on the bay but on the highway ... ok if we could not hear the aircraft will have no problem with the highway ....and BIG SURPRISE no good window isolation!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could not fall asleep prior 4 a.m.! That night has been a nightmare every time a car was passing by we could hear everything!
The day after as we had our flight in the afternoon I requested to be able to check out at 2 p.m. ; the concierge starts making big trouble "check out is at 12 no later.." only after I reminded her the type of room I had, how I could not sleep and that I will pay for that room the full price for a concierge level room she eventually agreed for us to keep the room until 2 p.m.

The only thing that was great in both stay was the restaurant: delicious food and very nice staff

Room Tip: Book only a bay room!