“Wonderful Beds Close to the Airport”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I recently stayed here before a 6AM flight out of SFO. This hotel has very easy access to HWY 101 and is only a few exits away from the airport.

Rooms: The beds and pillows here are extremely comfortable. The comforters, sheets and pillowcases are crisp and clean. The rooms are modern with trendy decor and newer furniture. Overall the rooms are a little on the small size, and it could be snug with 3+ people.

Ambience: The bar is a great place to grab a drink, with a well stocked bar and attentive, knowledgeable bartenders. The bar is really the central meeting place, with lots of cozy nooks. It would be a great location for a business conference.

Staff: The staff was very professional and courteous, really outstanding.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was here one night recently making my way back to Dallas via SFO and really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are spacious and clean and I genuinely had a great night of sleep. I don't remember hearing noise from the nearby airport so that was good as well. Typical good marks for a DoubleTree.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

My thoughts on the property itself are pretty neutral. It was a typical overnight airport hotel - nothing outstanding. One pet peeve I have with hotels is when there isn't a convenient outlet on the nightstand. I travel a lot for business and often sit in bed with my laptop and phone. In this property, there were outlets on both nightstand lamps, but neither one worked - Annoying! I did let the front desk know so it could be fixed for the next person.

However, the biggest stand out for this short stay was the fact there was no free coffee in the morning. I'm a loyal Hilton Honors member and have stayed in Hilton properties all over the world. I have NEVER stayed at a location without complimentary coffee (even for Diamond members). At first I walked around the lobby thinking I may have missed the "coffee station". I then learned the coffee was only available for purchase at the lobby bar. I paid $4.00 for a SMALL coffee. Sorry but for $179 per night I don't think a complimentary cup of coffee is too much to ask.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed 3 nights. Good hotel convenient to airport and Hwy. 101 but out of the major traffic area and right by a nice walking trail. Front desk personnel all great, especially Wendy who went out of her way to accommodate a request and also to compensate for a slightly delayed check-in, even though it was not hotel's fault. Good soundproofing & very comfy bed, so slept well. On-premise restaurant food very good, and waiters good, especially Raymond. Really appreciated pet policy. Only bad experience was last night when some moron on my floor was smoking. Smoke drifted into my room and woke me up after midnight and again around 6:00 a.m. This was not hotel's fault, however, as it is a total nonsmoking facility. Only criticism is somewhat steep guest parking fee. Also, when lamp wouldn't turn on, realized it had become unplugged so had to move nightstand to fix, which revealed accumulated dust behind the furniture and bed. Otherwise, very nice and clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We will pass on your kind comments to both Wendy and Raymond. They will be thrilled to hear that they made a difference for your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Sincrely,

Mike

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Expect to pay 22 dollars for parking that should be included with they stay at this hotel. Though the location is extremely nice the service at the front desk needs a lot of work. Seems like they don't understand first impressions , and quality of service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and we’ve shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job of providing exceptional service at all times. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.

Mike McKee

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Hotel was very good although a little dated in parts, and very busy at times. the room was very comfortable but the fan heater noisy. The free wireless internet was very slow and no cable alternative. The breakfast was very good and the staff overall very helpful and polite

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We appreciate the feedback. About half of our rooms have wired and wireless connections. We have taken the liberty to update your Hilton profile for our Hotel so next time we will know to place in you a room that has a wired connection. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

the checkin was super quick and friendly. Half of the experience is the checkin and it was perfect. The rooms are comfortable and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom looked like it was just refinished so I very much enjoyed it and even took some notes for my own at home. No pool but they do have a workout room. It is located close to the airport and has regular transportation every 15 min during the day and late night every 30 min.

1  Thank BaronFoer

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with the staff. They will be delighed to hear them. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.