“One night stopover”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Massachusetts
“One night stopover”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed one night prior to early morning flight. Easy and convenient to airport with free shuttle. Shuttle company (Bauer's) was my only issue. When they arrived at the shuttle stop at the airport, they stopped for two seconds - didn't even stop long enough to put the bus in park. We were standing right at the curb and they took off eventhough we banged on the door. Second shuttle was different driver and didn't seem interested when we told him what happened. The hotel staff was very courteous and we were able to check in early. Room was clean and comfortable. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Decent; nothing overly exciting but our waiter, Juan, was extremely courteous and attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onestateatatime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Nice enough hotel but far from the city. Have to take a taxi or the Barc wherever you go. It does have a shuttle but can't take it any further than to and from the airport. Clean hotel and friendly staff. Went to dinner at the Embassy Suites hotel a short block away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am in a wheelchair and the set up of this hotel allowed me to get around on my own easily. The staff were helpful at every turn. I requested early check-in when I made reservations and my room was ready when I arrived at the hotel 3 hours before normal check-in. Extra pillows and blankets were brought to me minutes after checking in. When I requested plain food that was no longer on the menu, the staff found food that I could eat and did not charge me for it. This hotel could be the posterhotel for service. The staff would do and did everything to make my sister and I comfortable at every turn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

San Jose, California
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just stayed here last night, 8 May. Had an early appointment to take my new car to the dealer for something so I needed a hotel nearby as I am a commuter. Being a HiltonHonors member I found the Doubletree.. Got a good rate at last minute also. Hotel is easy to find and a great location if you are flying through SFO. Staff was friendly and the free cookie was nice touch. Hotel smelled clean throughout and the room was very clean. Hotel lighting was a little dark throughout but not in a dingy way more just because of the decor. I had my laptop but didnt use the internet- I still don't get hotels charging for that and even when I travel on business I only use it if I NEED it or am just THAT bored. My only other gripe is the parking fee.. $20 is still a lot- especially since this hotel isn't lacking space- maybe it is to keep more people from parking there for free and flying out as you have to have a roomkey to get into parking lot but the fee is quite high. I went down to bar area to order food around 1030pm and the bar tender was very friendly and attentive to all sitting at the bar. I ordered food to go and got it promptly- served warm. Went to my room to eat and relax. My room overlooked SFO, I am a pilot so I enjoy watching and hearing the airplanes. For some this would maybe be annoying but it is near an airport and the only time you hear a plane is sometimes when the bigger planes launch off the runways out in the bay.. As with most hotels near SFO that I have stayed at they have a flight monitor board to check flight status and it looked like business center to print boarding passes, etc.I didn't use the pool or have breakfast so can't comment. I would definitely stay here again. My few complaints are usually of MOST hotels so the Doubletree isn't really alone here. I also found bed comfortable and the AC worked perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew F
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great stay for a weekend trip to San Francisco. Hotel was great, rooms spacious, clean and the warm chocolate chip cookies, to die for! Staff was very helpful and handed us 4 cookies upon checking out, for the drive home!
Definitely reccomend to anyone wanting the San Francisco experience, and doesn't mind staying a little out of the way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Israel, Jerusalem
Reviewed May 6, 2013

such another great stay in doubletree hotel! the modern design and comfort, the great warm cookie when you arrive and the proximity to the airport and the city made it a really good choice. we were traveling in san francisco with my parents that had flight back on Monday morning while we continue traveling and the location of the doubletree hotel was just great for all of us. you can use the free shuttle to the airport but even without it it is about 3 minutes drive (on a Monday morning!!!) to the domestic flights terminal. our stay was with one disabled person room and it was very comfortable and adjusted to everything they needed. we had one dinner in the hotel's restaurant and it was also tasteful and the service was charming (Jose). although you can see the planes arrive you don't hear them so you can enjou a good night sleep!

Room Tip: choose the far side of the building to avoid the restaurant and ball room noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Germany
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Typically, you book airport hotels at random if you do not have a favourite. This one was a great surprise. A little further out than the other airport hotels, it is very modern with a great bathroom. Importantly, a good nights sleep without aircraft noise or disturbance from other residents. A frequent drop off back to the airport. Room service was fast and efficient.

Great choice and would recommend again in the area. Better than others which I have used at SFO.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business