“a good value”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Nice hotel, easy to find, clean, friendly, delicious chocolate chip cookies on arrival and economical to boot. Would return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing the comments about our cookies. Hopefully, on your next visit I will be able to thank you in person for the review. We appreciate you staying at our Hotel and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Doubletree Hilton by San Francisco airport is a convienient crash pad for one night. Courtesy bus pick up was very efficient. The hotel is showing its age a bit and in need of some redecoration but the room was ok and the staff were excellent. There is no pool but a shared outdoor one with an adjacent property so not much to do on a cold night, no convienient places to eat unless you have a car. We caught train into town for the night out but it is a bit of a flog 45min to one hour. Did not eat in hotel in the evening but the breakfast was excellent and again staff were very good. If I stay there again I will use their resteraunt based on how good the breakfast was.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nonedicky

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, as we had just upgraded it at the start of the year. Some of our rooms are a bit tired, but we will be renovating them in the first half of this year. Hopefully, on your next visit, we will have an updated room for you. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel probably 2-3 times for a seminar I attend. It's not a fancy hotel but it's clean and the staff in the dining area are really friendly. The rooms are decent as are the bathrooms but you can see some wear in the rooms but it doesn't feel dingy.

They charge for parking which really sucks I think it's like $18 for overnight parking. There is not a lot to eat around here but we did find an Indian restaurant which delivers and then of course there is always pizza.

I would recommend this hotel, it was a decent pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback. We will pass your kind comments on to our wait staff. The Hotel has just begun the renovation of our guest rooms, so hopefully on your next visit they will not have that worn look. Our Hotel also participates in a Trolley service that can take you to Downtown Burlingame where there is more of a selection of restaurants. We do charge $18 for parking, but we try to make sure that the cost is in line with the other Full Service Hotels in the area. If you have any other comments please feel free to contact myself. Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I arrived very late at night and left the next day so I wasn't there long. when I checked in there were some flight attendants complaining that their room was bad and there apparently were no other rooms. It appeared to be a bit of a tense stand-off. However, I had an upgrade to a monster suite that absolutely rocked. So I thought the hotel was fantastic.

The only thing I didn't like was the airport shuttle. It isn't run by the hotel - it's some company. The driver demanded a tip from each person and wouldn't let go of the luggage until you paid him. I saw what was happening and grabbed my bag while he was holding another guys bag hostage. Normally I would have tipped him - but I wasn't willing to pay a ransom to this guy. That really wasn't the hotel's issue - and that particular shuttle driver is probably in prison by now (or kidnapping professionally in Mexico City).

I would definately stay there again.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sbccc
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We apprecate the feedback. Most of the Hotels in the area contract their shuttle service. We will be contacting our company to share your comments concerning the driver. We went with the new service since they were able to provide new shuttles for the Hotel. I was glad to hear that rest of your stay met your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stay at a Doubletree whenever possible. This one was close to the San Francisco Airport. We got in late and had to leave early (only spent about 3 hours in the room). The shuttle service to and from the airport is fast and comPletely complimentary both ways (because that's what you can expect from a Hilton). The rooms are always cleans and beds are comfy. Wish we would have had time for breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank TeamWagner
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our customers. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future. Unitl then, safe travels and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Airport hotels do not generally compare well to resort or city hotels. They primarily move people in and out for flights and don't need to provide the typical amenities people expect from city hotels. They are usually judged by location and airport convenience. The Doubletree works quite well for making early or late flights out of SFO but also meets the higher quality standards of a good city hotel.

The airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes during peak times but is also available 24 hours a day. When I arrived at the front desk at 4:15 AM, the desk personnel had me on the airport shuttle within 10 minutes. The ride to the airport was about 10 minutes. I normally call the hotel for pick-up when arriving at an airport but the Doubletree shuttle arrived before I even had a chance to call. Very convenient for a major city airport.

The hotel is situated directly south of San Francisco Airport at the edge of the Bay. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. The various Hilton hotel chains always seem to have comfortable beds, regardless of the name on the building. The beds here were exceptional. The rooms are well soundproofed. The restaurant is quite good, reasonably priced and the staff goes out of their way to be friendly. There is also a low priced diner around the corner. I have had good experiences at the other major hotels around SFO airport but the quality to price ratio, service and friendliness of the Doubletree makes this a top choice for either a one or several night stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank kwebb100
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We to like to think of ourselves as more than just an Airport Hotel. Safe travels and thank you for staying with us. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed at the hotel numerous times and on this trip I stayed 3 nights. I requested an early arrival time (10am) and actually arrived a little after 9am. I was happily surprised my room was already available and I was checked in immediately. It being a Saturday morning, the hotel was very full and I would assume they didn't rent out the room the night before and held it for me. I had requested a bay-view room and that was also granted. Like most hotels in the area, it can be expensive to stay there. But for me the timing was right and my room rate was very reasonable for in the SFO area. The rooms are large and nicely decorated. Most importantly, the beds are very comfortable. Like all bay-view rooms in the area though, the views face the airport so though for me it really isn't annoying, you do hear the planes taking off until about 2am. I really had no complaints other than the buffett breakfast is not the best but it is ok. I also had a dinner there one night and it was very good. The restaurant and bar are nice and though you pay the higher prices, the service was always very good.

Room Tip: For a quiter room and if plane noise bothers you, don't stay in the bay-view. The rate for the n...