“Excellent and convenient location”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We were greeted with warm service and delicious warm cookies!!! The large room was very plush with all the extra comforts at a very reasonable price!!We paid very little extra for a fantastic view of the Bay. It was very conveniently located near the airport with shuttle services. Chutney Grill restaurant is located within the hotel. The meal was gourmet prepared also reasonably priced that was superb!!!

Room Tip: Deal directly with hotel web site.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

I am very glad that you enjoyed your last stay with us. I will share your comments about the Chutney Grill with the staff and the Chef. Thank you for taking the time to complete the review and hopefully I will get to meet you during your next stay.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed at the Doubletree to be closer to the airport after staying in San Francisco for a three-day conference. Requested a bayview room, and had an excellent view. The room was clean, comfortable, and pleasant over-all. It was in the front, over the parking lot, which was a little noisy early to late evening, but quieted down at night. The trolly into Burlingame offered me a chance to have dinner, and unwind while browsing the shops.
Do get in before 6 pm. as the shops seem to close by then. Had breakfast in the hotel dining room. The food was good, well-prepared, and the service was excellent. Would definitely recommend the eggs benedict. Overall, would definitely recommend this hotel.
Plus, the cookies are to die for!

Room Tip: Away from thefront parking for a super quiet room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TRavelDiva60
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Thank you for the recent review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the cookie at check in. I will pass on your comments to our Restaurant staff and the Chef. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

The staff even when overwhelmed by the onset of mobbing new arrival was very helpful and patient. I definitely would frequent this hotel more. The rooms are comfy and clean!(Finally real white sheets!). Although I didn't take the trip, VERY happy aboit the burlingame bus as there isn't much on that side without a small commute. Thank you Romero for assisting with my vandalized car situation while in San Francisco.!!
Most definitely if the night shift could possibly offer more cookies I would definitely take them up on it. Hope I get that tin of cookies offered :) !!! Please. They are wonderful!!

• Stayed: April 2011

Thank you for the taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I have passed on your comments to our night crew and Romeo. We hope to see you again soon. If there is anything else I can do for you please contact me via email at michael.mckee@hilton.com.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

For a great price, this hotel 10 minutes by courtesy shuttle from the airport gives you everything that you need. Clean, comfortable beds, friendly and prompt service, very good food and delicious, warm "greeting" cookies made my stay memorable. Easy FREE access to the downtown entertainment area via a trolley that picks up and drops off at the hotel door. So great place to stay if you have a need to be close to the airport and want to take in the town. I will be staying at other Doubletree Hotels during my future travels.

Room Tip: Just ask for whatever you need.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Cindylr thank you for the review. I am glad to see that you were able to advantage of the complimentary shuttle to Downtown Burlingame. I hope that we will see you again at our Hotel and I can thank you in person.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Spent one evening at the Doubletree after arriving on a late flight. While I've visited several Hilton properties, this was my first time in the Doubletree chain. The service is very good, the cookie at check-in was fresh, and bedding and furniture in the rooms have been recently refreshed (including flat-screen televisions). Wi-Fi Internet was reasonable.

This is a great value property in the Hilton chain. Note that it's apparent that this building has been around for quite some time, with slightly older carpets and hallway views. Plus, other than the hotel bar and restaurant, there are not too many dining options within walking distance. If you are staying for longer than a single-night layover, you'll need a car to explore the area. (Though, there is a convenient shuttle from the airport.) I stayed on an upper floor facing the freeway, and noise was not too much of an issue. (I didn't need to use the air conditioning, which could get loud.) This hotel is frequented regularly by airline crews (I saw nearly two dozen at checkin), and I'd recommend this property.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2011

Thank you for the review. You are correct that we have updated the bedding and have recently changed all our Televisions to flat screen. There are not many dining options in the area. One option that has been provided by the City of Burlingame is a shuttle that operates everyday, but Sunday. They provide transporation to Downtown Burlingame where there are more Dining facilities. Once again, thank you for the review and hopefully I will get to meet you on your next stay.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

My recent stay at the Doubletree San Francisco Airport gave me the impression that this hotel is okay for a business trip, but not for a leisure trip. It is ridiculous that the hotel charges $18 a day for hotel guests to park their car. There is an additional charge for in-room Wi-Fi access, but there was free Wi-Fi in the lobby area. There is no complimentary breakfast or newspaper. I did not find much value in staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be aware of the daily parking charges if you drive
  • Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I used this hotel (prebooked) after arriving at SFO airport. My plane arrived two hours late, so was glad for the free shuttle to the hotel about 1 AM. The front desk efficiently took care of providing room keys and the free signature Doubletree cookies, which tasted pretty good given it seemed like 4AM to me. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant downstairs had a more-than-adequate buffet breakfast available and the staff there was very attentive. I have stayed at this hotel before and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thank you for you for taking the time to write the review about our Hotel. I am glad we were able to get you to the Hotel at 1am with your flight delay. We appreciate your business and hopefully I will meet you during your next stay.