“Comfortable, great service, delicious cookies!”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable, great service, delicious cookies!”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

For a great price, this hotel 10 minutes by courtesy shuttle from the airport gives you everything that you need. Clean, comfortable beds, friendly and prompt service, very good food and delicious, warm "greeting" cookies made my stay memorable. Easy FREE access to the downtown entertainment area via a trolley that picks up and drops off at the hotel door. So great place to stay if you have a need to be close to the airport and want to take in the town. I will be staying at other Doubletree Hotels during my future travels.

Room Tip: Just ask for whatever you need.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Cindylr thank you for the review. I am glad to see that you were able to advantage of the complimentary shuttle to Downtown Burlingame. I hope that we will see you again at our Hotel and I can thank you in person.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cambridge
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Spent one evening at the Doubletree after arriving on a late flight. While I've visited several Hilton properties, this was my first time in the Doubletree chain. The service is very good, the cookie at check-in was fresh, and bedding and furniture in the rooms have been recently refreshed (including flat-screen televisions). Wi-Fi Internet was reasonable.

This is a great value property in the Hilton chain. Note that it's apparent that this building has been around for quite some time, with slightly older carpets and hallway views. Plus, other than the hotel bar and restaurant, there are not too many dining options within walking distance. If you are staying for longer than a single-night layover, you'll need a car to explore the area. (Though, there is a convenient shuttle from the airport.) I stayed on an upper floor facing the freeway, and noise was not too much of an issue. (I didn't need to use the air conditioning, which could get loud.) This hotel is frequented regularly by airline crews (I saw nearly two dozen at checkin), and I'd recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Thank you for the review. You are correct that we have updated the bedding and have recently changed all our Televisions to flat screen. There are not many dining options in the area. One option that has been provided by the City of Burlingame is a shuttle that operates everyday, but Sunday. They provide transporation to Downtown Burlingame where there are more Dining facilities. Once again, thank you for the review and hopefully I will get to meet you on your next stay.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My recent stay at the Doubletree San Francisco Airport gave me the impression that this hotel is okay for a business trip, but not for a leisure trip. It is ridiculous that the hotel charges $18 a day for hotel guests to park their car. There is an additional charge for in-room Wi-Fi access, but there was free Wi-Fi in the lobby area. There is no complimentary breakfast or newspaper. I did not find much value in staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be aware of the daily parking charges if you drive
  • Stayed April 2011
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I used this hotel (prebooked) after arriving at SFO airport. My plane arrived two hours late, so was glad for the free shuttle to the hotel about 1 AM. The front desk efficiently took care of providing room keys and the free signature Doubletree cookies, which tasted pretty good given it seemed like 4AM to me. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant downstairs had a more-than-adequate buffet breakfast available and the staff there was very attentive. I have stayed at this hotel before and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Thank you for you for taking the time to write the review about our Hotel. I am glad we were able to get you to the Hotel at 1am with your flight delay. We appreciate your business and hopefully I will meet you during your next stay.
Eureka, California
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Stayed two nights and enjoyed the large clean room with very nice ammenities. The Wolfgang Puck coffee was delicious. Nice big TV...great view of the SF bay. However, a bit noisey from the airplanes. But then I knew this was near the airport. Not a big problem. VERY nice front desk staff who gave me warm chocolate chip cookies upon check in. That was super! Roomy lobby and reading area. Nice bar and restaurant. However the food was just "ok" but a bit pricey. Service in restaurant was not that great. This hotel is near SF and the Bay Area (where I had a meeting). Nice shopping in Burlingame nearby. The price was great HOWEVER they do charge a $16.00 per day parking fee. I didn't know that beforehand. Perhaps I didn't read the fine print. I do recommend this hotel. Can't beat it. Also 24hr access to free internet in a business center. This was a plus!

1 Thank mendovaca
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your cookie and our Wolfgang Puck coffee. I apologize about the noise from the airplanes, we normally do not receive many complaints about this. With the recent storms in the area, the airport has, at times, had to use different flight patterns for take off and landings. Perhaps this was case during your stay. I will pass on your concerns about the F&B service to the Restaurant Manager. We appreciate the time you took to write a review about our Hotel and hope to see you again soon.
Suisun City, California
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Room was adequate. Said to have a mini refrigerator but none. Noisy halls, phones didn't work and there is not free internet in room. Dookies were good

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Thank you for your review. We do try to provide a more memorable stay than adequate. I am sorry about the incorrect information of mini refrigerators in the room. We do have a small quantity available on a request basis. I hope that we did get an engineer up to fix the phones in the room. As a Brand, Doubletree has not yet implemented free Internet, but may do so soon. I trust that your next stay will be more memorable and maybe I will get a chance to meet you. Once again thank you for your feedback.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2011

The staff in this hotel make you feel like they are your friends rather than a customer. They are kind and responsive to guest requests. It is very clean, well organized as well a convenient to the airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
What wonderful comments about our staff. I will make sure that I pass them on to the staff. Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.