“Convenient but a bit dated” 4 of 5 stars

Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sonoma County, CA
“Convenient but a bit dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Close to the airport and they have a park and fly program for those wishing to park their cars there while gone on a vacation. Lots of shuttle times and it is a direct shuttle which is nice - great customer service. Rooms are a little dated. Ate breakfast at the restaurant- good service and OK food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelleyanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Ok. The staff are decent and the inside is clean. The food/room service isn't too either. I did have a few issues with this hotel.

The first issue was check-in. It was late Thursday night (approx. 10:15 PM). I drove there from Los Angeles to fix our company server. Our main office is down the street from this Hyatt. I figured I would stay close and thought the Hyatt would be good. Upon arriving, I end up standing in a line with 2 people in front of me. There is only one person at the check-in counter and it is another 20 minutes before I'm helped. They should have more people at the counter. Especially when you are dealing with tired travelers who either just landed after a long flight, or who drove.

The next issue is their bed. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. Their so called "firm" mattress was as hard as concrete. I honestly did not get any sleep that night...approximately 45 minutes max. When calling down the next day, inquiring about a softer mattress or solution, they didn't have one. They did state that a lot of people like a "firm" mattress. To me it is stupid to only have firm mattresses.

Why can't you (Hyatt) use some common sense and have mattresses that are neither firm or plush? You would think a hotel would be smart enough to meet the consumer in the middle..you know a mattress that is not too hard or too soft.

Although, they tried to be accommodating without the proper sources (such as a softer mattress), I did not enjoy it...at all. I will not be staying at a Hyatt when I travel from now on. I will be at our main office in Burlingame next week, but will be staying else where.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good place to stay if you need to stay close the airport. They have a Sports bar inside the hotel (if you don't want to go out) and the view of the rooms windows is very good... they builded the hotel with like a free space on the middle, where is located the restaurant...

• 5 of 5 stars
HyattSFAirport, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Egodinho,
We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback about your stay - glad you had a great time with us, an enjoyed the Bay View!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'm about to check out as I write this...I normally stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara since my employer's office is just 6 miles from that location, but for some reason they were totally booked midweek -- and so were ALL other hotels in the valley! Even the po-dunk mom-and-pop motels/boutiques. This was the only hotel on my employer's "approved" list with rooms available. It's an hour from my office in Mountain View, but I arranged my flight in and out of SFO to stay here. Turns out this is an excellent facility. You can tell it mostly caters to business travelers or those with layovers at SFO when you look at the clientele, but I'm glad I booked here. Due to the location, this is not really a tourist hotel -- that doesn't mean you shouldn't stay here -- it's just not in San Francisco, so if you're coming here to visit the city, just make sure you're OK renting a car or taking mass transit to get there.

Quick impressions: Staff all around are friendly and respectful. Self-park is $20, but it's right next to the hotel. Rooms and hallways look as if they were recently remodeled (the pictures on the site don't lie! Imagine that!). Carpet is clean and new. Beds are firm and I got a great sleep (no back pain in the morning). Recommend paying a bit extra (or get upgraded) to a room with Bay view: as many other reviewers note, you can watch the planes takes off and land at SFO. Food is overpriced, but good. I ate dinner in Knuckles, the sports bar at the Atrium level, and staff was friendly, efficient and the burger was surprisingly good (was expecting frozen patty reheated on grill but received a freshly-made burger equal to what I get at the Counter (local upscale burger chain in L.A. where I live). Overall, if I had to, I'd gladly stay here again for business.

Room Tip: Get high up room with Bay View; otherwise you overlooking the 101 freeway or Burlingame.
Brendon,
Glad you found us! Since much of your work and travels are in the Bay Area, we hope to have you back soon. Thanks for your review and rating!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are top notch. Super polite, friendly, and helpfull.

The hotel is nice with a neat open atrium.

Room needs attention to the details. Soap dish was dirty and lots of extra hairs around.
Shower faucet had been repaired in the past but was not done with the proper parts for this particular unit. This kind of stuff you expect at a Howard Johnsons, not at a Hyatt.

Iron was in poor condition and should have been replaced.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank FrUsa1991
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had to stay at an airport hotel to catch the early flight to Chicago. Hyatt is for sure on my list. I got a very good price for one night.

The hotel itself shows some age. The atrium is beautifully decorated with trees. The room with Bay view is very nice, but make sure it's not facing 101. Room is spacious and clean. There's a sports bar in the atrium which offers late night snacks and drinks till 1 am. The shuttle is very reliable. I believe Hyatt and a Marriott nearby share the shuttle service.

One thing that's not perfect about the hotel. There's a slipper and a glass outside my room. I complained about that to the front desk at night. But the next morning when I rushed to the airport, they were still there. It bothered me a little bit.

Generally, this hyatt is a great place to stay when you're visiting San Fran and don't want to spend much money. I think I'll go back if I get a good price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in December on our way back to Los Angeles. After staying in the wine country for several days, we were hoping to continue the gracious service and nice hotel experience. Our check in was easy and we were greeted by a manager in training, who could not have been more lovely. He was friendly, and we were very impressed with the quality of service. He offered us an upgrade, and thanked us for being Gold Passport members. Our room was nice, clean and spacious. We had a bayview room on the 8th floor and it was nicely furnished. The beds are divine, and our room was very quiet. During check out, Walter at the front desk could not have been nicer. He thanked us for staying, and genuinely seemed interested in our stay.. If you are staying near SFO, and want a terrific hotel, with good food, and an excellent staff, look no further. We have stayed here previously, and will again.

Room Tip: We were fortunate enough to get room with a bay view, and it was really fun to watch the planes taki...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattSFAirport, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear welovetravelsf,
Thanks for your review, and for returning to visit us.
See you again soon (we hope)!
Kevin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
4.5 of 5 stars 869 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame? Share your experiences!