“fresh tacos!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Burlingame, California, USA
“fresh tacos!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

ingredients are always fresh, the hot sauces are delicious, and they've got the most tender beef tongue in the area.

Visited September 2013

“Horrible service and very racist.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I ordered my food and because she misunderstood a taco from a burrito she gave me aittude didnt warm up my taco threw the ingrediants on top putting cheese under guacamole and sour cream who does that??? And to top it off im white but i understand spanish and i wont repeat all that was said but they dont like serving those who arent mexican!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Ginger699999
“Breaking News: Chicken Tamale Shortage Hits Burlingame!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I've been here several times when I craved Mexican food.

The food was decent usually. However, they forgot my corn tortillas, which are included in the special.

The last three times, I have attempted to order the specials meal of chicken tamales, EVERY SINGLE TIME they told me they only had carnitas tamales.

The first time, I opted to try the pork, and that, by the way, is when they forgot my corn tortillas. I love corn tortillas to eat the rice, beans, lettuce with. :(

Pork tamales = X- (

After my third attempt, and even going in earlier in the afternoon, they yet again, (today was the third time) did not have the chicken tamales!

Are they running out of chicken tamales before five o'clock? If so, might they make an adjustment in their order, or at least take chicken tamales OFF THE MENU?

The woman behind the counter kind of laughed off my inquiry about it, but that very well may have been a language barrier. I called, and had close to the same response. Perhaps I should follow up with a manager.

It's not a huge deal, more of a frustrating disappointment.

I only went here because Hola! which finally closed, was bad food, and worse service.

From now on, I'm heading a tad southold the border, to San Mateo, where there is no shortage of Mexican cuisine, and no chicken tamale shortage.

Austin
“Food Posoning at La Corneta Burlingame”
Reviewed November 13, 2008

My husband got food poisoning at La Corneta after consuming one of their pork tacos - Al Pastor. Was pretty easy to isolate where it came from. He takes it plain - no salsa, sour cream, lettuce etc... just the pork and the tortilla - so its most likely from undercooked or contaminated pork. Reported it to San Mateo Environmnetal health dept.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“same resturant as the 1...”
Reviewed November 16, 2007

same resturant as the 1 in glen park. consistent and a little bit cleaner than the 1 in the city. price and menu are identical. food preparation is identical, tortilla's are steamed rather than heated on the griddle like most taquerias. food is pre-prepped and made in an assembly line. efficient but not all that fresh and food is room temp. not bad by any stretch but that's not the way i ♦

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook