“great place, will stay there again!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay Landing Hotel

Bay Landing Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
clovis,ca
“great place, will stay there again!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

We stayed here 02/07/10 and only stayed one night but the rooms were great,very spacious and clean. We had a corner room with a bay view and watching the planes landing at night was very cool. The staff was very nice and friendly and the whole hotel was very nice. We had the breakfast the next morning and it was very good, better than most hotel breakfasts. My husband, myself and our 10 year old daughter all really liked the hotel and the location is great! We went to the SF zoo from the hotel and the drive was easy and convient. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank kedimo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Korean first
SoCal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

This place is gem! We got a room with 2 double beds for $79 with free parking and free breakfast. We asked for a crib. They said the fee was $10, but they didn't charge us. It's very convenient to SFO and you can walk behind the hotel and there's a nice walkway around the bay. The service was great, the room was new and clean and the bed was really comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank LemonySweet
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

Everything was fine until we attempted to shower for our return flight home. NO HOT WATER! Several staff told us this is a common problem. The representative at the desk wasn't helpful so I spoke to a manager when one was passing our room. He offered a free night's stay at a later date which the desk clerk confirmed upon checkout. I've written them twice and we never received a response from this hotel about my free night's stay. OK location next to The Elephant Bar and near the airport but poor service. Breakfast in the morning nothing special..basic cold bagels and yogurt. Price is OK for the area but beware you may not get a hot shower...which in my book is something one normally gets at a Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mdbaran
BLHgm, Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
mdbarren.
I'm sorry about your hot water problem you had with our hotel. Honestly since I've been here, last 8 months, this is the first time I ever heard a complaint about a lack of hot water.
I hope you'll try us again in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any service.
Tom Moss
GM
650.651.9001
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2009

The service at this hotel is outstanding!! After two weeks in New Zealand and an overnight flight back to the United States, we came straight from the airport exhausted and desperate for some rest. Even though we were several hours early, the friendly front desk staff were totally accomodating and allowed us to check in. Then when we were scrambling to leave a day early because we were trying to get back to the east coast before a huge blizzard, they were completely accomodating again and allowed us to check out late and cancel to the last night of our stay with virtually no notice. In between, we had a great room with a great view that was clean and comfortable. And the on-site amenities (including weight room, laundry facilities and free wirless internet) were more than I would have expected for a hotel in that price range. Tremendous value for the money! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to return for a longer stay someday in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jmrobleto
BLHgm, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
I want to thank you for your great comments about the Bay Landing Hotel, and, especially for your comments about the staff. Nothing is more important to us a happy guest.
We all hope to see you back on your next visit.
Thanks again!
Tom Moss
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2009

Great rate ($69 from Booking.com) and convenient location combine to make this a great find. Hourly shuttle to/from airport where there is a BART station. Hotel location is a bit further (about 1.5 miles/30+ mins for me) than many of the other hotels from the nearby BART station (Millbrae). Walking to Millbrae you follow the water front for a bit, then between waterfront and Millbrae station is not so nice, but sidewalks/crosswalks make it doable. BART fare from Millbrae to downtown SanFran is around $4. Fare from SFO to downtown is double that (tourist tax?). 30 minutes to downtown SF via BART.
Terrific free breakfast: fruits, breads/bagels/danishes, boiled eggs, cream cheese, (stay away from the cheese sticks!), and drinks should satisfy everyone.
Room is nice size. Cushy pillows. Some noise from hall, but didn't bother me at all.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank VirginiaSciTraveler
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

Initially, our booking was wrong, but the front desk staff fixed the problem and gave us a terrific corner room with a view of the bay and city. The staff were a little "icy" at first, but once they saw I had a little baby, they were really nice and friendly.

The room itself was very clean, large and the ammenities were great. The continental breakfast was awesome! You make your own waffles...very tasty. Lots of choices of teas, coffee, juices, muffins, pastries, cheeses, yoghurt, cereals...more than I had expected.

Overall, had a very pleasant stay. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

Since I had stayed Marriot on the same street and walking trail before, I knew this area well and liked the trail very much. Seeing huge airplanes landing just few hundred feet away from the other side of the water is an interesting experience. Through Mariot sometimes offers quite low price, ($71) they do charge parking, (I think is about $15?) and no breakfast. We booked Bay Landing using Tripadvisor's price comparisons and found the lowest price at Booking.com at only $69 a night. Without the parking fee and a nice breakfast, this indeed is a great buy. When we arrived at the hotel, it looked nice overall, the room is relatively small, but adquate. The bathroom is very clean and well stocked and maintained. The double bed is comfortable but too small for two adults or two teenages. (We are less than average in sizes.) When asked for a rollaway, the frontdesk claimed that the room is too small for the rollaway. We managed somehow. It is only for one night...The breakfast is nicely presented, at the comparable level of those found at Residence Inn. Loved the trail, walked one hour and 30 minutes the night before and another 30 minutes in the morning. Elephant Bar was good, and reasonably priced, though we have to wait for over 20 minutes for a dinner seat. The only complaints I have against the hotel is the attitude displayed at the front desk. I did not expect a warm welcome from the receptionists based on the earlier reviews I read here. And I did not receive one either, though I tried to break the ice with smile and greetings. She (Louie) maintained her icy attitude the whole check-in time, no direction to the rooms, no introduction to the facilities, and did not volunteer the information on the shuttle bus until I asked her. The attitude did not improve even when I checked out. She actually made me feel guilty because I only paid $69 instead of the $129 they charged on their website. So here is my conclusion. If you travel with a couple of teenages, maybe get a bigger room from a hotel offering two queen beds instead of two double. If you are not concerned with the reception from the front desk and can navigate the place on your own, then pay the cheap rate. If you really want to be there and wish for a warm welcome, maybe you will get a better luck by paying the full price on the hotel's website??

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Monkey023
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Bay Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!