“Wonderful”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked this hotel on line, sight unseen, for an overnight before an early morning flight from SFO. The room was clean, spacious and well decorated. Bathroom was great, with an oversize stall shower as well as a tub. Lots of space to move around in the room. Quiet, even though we faced Bayshore Blvd. Continental breakfast was well above the usual continental breakfast and it was available well before we had to leave to the airport. Free WiFi and the airport transport was on time, clean and with a driver who was polite and very knowledgeable.
When we return to the Bay Area we will seriously consider staying at this hotel as a base.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our quiet location, complimentary breakfast, and free internet. We appreciate the "wonderful" review, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Bay Area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here in mid August. Check-in went smoothly and we appreciated the free cookies! The room was a nice size with a pretty view of the bay. Noise from planes landing was not an issue at all. The free breakfast offered many choices. I was, however, puzzled about the "hot" food. For example, the bacon is cooked, but cold. You have to reheat it in the lone microwave. The hotel was quite busy while we were there, and the small serving area was very crowded and difficult to navigate. I ended up just eating pastries as it was the quickest way out of there.

A suggestion for the hotel is to add an additional computer. People tend to be inconsiderate and use it as if it were their personal computer. After several attempts I eventually gave up on printing my boarding pass.

Parking is free and ample, and even though the hotel was crowded, I never had a problem finding a space.

I really appreciated the shuttle service. It runs on a set schedule. I had a 6 am flight and the shuttle got me there in a timely manner.

Overall this hotel is a solid choice and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank public1
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear public 1,
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to provide feedback about our freshly baked cookies, bay front location, and complimentary breakfast. We are pleased to be your hotel of choice, and look forward to serving you on your next visit from Texas!
PA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I choose this hotel for a two night stay in San Francisco as I just did not know which way to turn when trying to pick a hotel in the downtown area. This hotel offered a great price, great bay views, excellent breakfast. The room was large and clean. The drive into the City was very easy and less then a half hour. We had an early morning flight home and this was just so convenient. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. The only thing I would recommend would be a more private computer room with another computer. I needed to print my boarding pass and had to wait quite a while first for a kid playing a game and then for someone going through emails.

Room Tip: Go for the bay view, lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Bay Landing. We sincerely appreciate the five star review!
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had an early morning flight out of San Francisco and needed to be close to the airport to ensure we made our flight. I found out about the Bay Landing by reading reviews here, on Trip Advisor. Price was reasonable, they offered lots of free parking and a free shuttle service to the airport so I booked 2 rooms for my family. Both rooms were standard rooms w/ 2 double beds. They were a good size, not overly spacious but not small & crammed either. Hotel was clean & lobby was very attractive. The room décor was a tad outdated and we had older-looking TV's (not flat screen) but TV's worked so no complaints here. Self-serve breakfast was quite extensive offering most any breakfast food one could make themselves with a waffle iron, toaster or microwave. I've never stayed at a hotel so close to an airport & I was concerned that the roar of the planes would be very noisy but was I ever wrong! This was one of the quietest hotels that I've ever stayed in. After staying here, I would agree that Bay Landing is a very nice hotel & offers the unique bonus of being able to watch the planes, in close proximity, come in and out of the airport, over the bay. There is a jogging/walking path behind the hotel, right along the bay. It was obviously a very safe area as several joggers passed us at night, as we stood on the path, by the bay, watching the planes land. The staff was super nice & accommodating and the shuttle got us to the airport on time. Overall, I was very happy with my stay at Bay Landing Hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the bay & thus the planes coming in and out of the airport. I did...
2 Thank Peggy H
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Peggy H,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, bay front location, and our accommodating staff. The televisions are in the process of being replaced. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to seeing you on your next visit from New Jersey!
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed August 26, 2013

personally I don't like the decoration of the hotel, but the rooms are clean and big, the staff are nice, but for American hotels we can't talk about service when we are used to Asian hotels. I stayed in July alone, and then early August with my kids at first I wanted 2 rooms, but a room with 2 double beds was enough since the room was big. The breakfast is correct, but it was peek season when I was there in August, and the breakfast area was so crowded.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, and good price!

Room Tip: any rooms that are not directly on the street!
1 Thank Cindy W
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stays over the summer. We are pleased that you experienced our friendly staff, and that you felt you had a good value. There is additional breakfast seating on our bay front patio. We appreciate the recemmondation, and hope to see you on your next visit from Taiwan!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Clean room, great location, great breakfast! Front desk staff was night and day (no pun intended) in that some were extremely friendly and gracious while others seemed quite stressed. I would recommend this hotel and I will be coming back. Depsite being near the airport is is quite.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view. You can watch the planes come in at night in the diamond line up.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear DOLEKNEE,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip from Boston. I appreciate the feedback about our location, complimentary breakfast, and the front desk team. We are grateful for the review, and are happy to hear that that you will be returning on your next visit to the Bay Area!
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked Bay Landing Hotel via Hotwire for 2 adults and 1 child for two nights. The night before my arrival, I called the hotel and was told that my room type was standard King. I then requested a rollaway. I was pleased to know that they were going to provide it with no extra charge even my reservation came from Hotwire.

The next day when I checked in at about 6:30pm, they told me they've already run out of rollaway beds and all the double rooms were sold out that night. However, because I requested it ahead of time, the two front desk employees were trying very hard to find a solution for us. They were talking to each other for a few minutes, and then asked me if I would mind changing room for the second night. I said no. Then, I couldn't believe it, they offered us a FREE EXTRA king room for the first night, and moved us to a double room for the second night. For our convenience, the two rooms were next to each other on the top floor. The free room was a very specious corner room!!!

I felt that for Bay Landing Hotel, all the customers are their valued customers. Even we did not book with them directly, they did NOT treat us as the second class customers like many other hotels. Usually when booking through third party sites, I got the worst room if the hotel was full. Therefore, I am very, very impressed with Bay Landing's customer services.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience at the Bay Landing. I will share your praise with the front desk team. We appreciate the high recommendation, and hope to see you again on your next visit to Burlingame!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to Bay Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!