“Bay Landing Hotel: The Sequel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Landing Hotel

Bay Landing Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Napa, California
“Bay Landing Hotel: The Sequel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

On my first visit I gave Bay Landing Hotel glowing remarks. (See my review dated 3/29/10.) And I am retracting none of those remarks my second time around! Here are some additional random notes I gained from my most recent visit (9/12 and 9/13/11). The front desk staff was as friendly as ever, and this time came across as more genuine and less "canned." Last time I missed the free cookies available in the afternoon and evening at the end of the check-in desk. Breakfast now includes little pre-made omelets that you can warm in the microwave. Booking sites describe the breakfast as "continental," but it is so much more than that. If someone doesn't get enough to eat, it's their own dang fault. I last reported that I didn't know where the CalTrain station was. This visit I discovered that CalTrain is in the same station as BART. (Duh!)
My only tiny criticism this time is that the carpeting in public spaces is beginning to show signs of wear. Management: It's time to change that out while it's still a minor issue. Keep the Bay Landing the nice, classy place that it is!
My room this visit was 103 on the ground floor, where just a few rooms are tucked away by themselves. Nice for quietness, and just steps away from the coffee and tea in the lobby. Thanks, Bay Landing, for another great stay!

Room Tip: East-facing rooms have an impressive view of the bay and planes landing at SFO.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had an early morning flight, so decided to spend our last night at the conveniently located hotel. The price was very reasonable, but I have to admit we were expecting a worn out place for that price. On the contrary, this hotel was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice, and the staff actually had food out earlier than the advertised 6AM for those of us with early flights. Quite a few guests had early flights, and the shuttle to the airport was completely full, so be sure to give yourself enough time in case the shuttle fills up. The trip to the airport was only about 5 minutes, and the shuttle ran about every 20 minutes. Overall, this was a great experience, and a wonderful ending to our vacation!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My one night stay at Bay Landing Hotel was comfortable, convenient to the airport and very quiet. The room was pleasantly decorated in traditional furnishings. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was very clean with good water pressure and nice toiletries. My assigned room faced the street but that wasn't a problem. However, the room seemed unusually warm for San Francisco in summer and I had to turn the AC down to get cool. Once the room cooled I could shut off AC for the night. As others have mentioned, the hotel is quiet in spite of being near the airport. Also a room on the street side is quiet. In daylight you can actually see the planes coming in for a landing over the water. The buffet breakfast was fine especially since there was no extra cost. I booked using points so I felt as though I got a double bonus. The hotel is adjacent to a walking/jogging trail next to San Francisco Bay. So for me the location was great to walk in the morning in my dealing with jet lag. From the breakfast room you can see the water. There are outside tables for warm days. My only complaint is that I waited much too long for the van shuttle at SFO. Hotel web site directs you to take the shuttle marked Bay Landing, Marriott Suites. Never saw such shuttle with the name Bay Landing/ Marriott Suites. However, as I waited for 30 minutes plus, there were 3 marked Hyatt, Marriott. I didn't board these as I was still looking for Bay Landing , Marriott. Finally, I asked a driver from another hotel shuttle. He took pity on me and brought me to the Bay Landing. He told me the shuttle I should have taken was the Hyatt/Marriott one. Web site needs to be corrected for travelers not familiar with the area. Other than that the hotel was just fine and I would stay again. Since I was in town to visit family they picked me up the next morning so I can't speak for the shuttle to the airport. The cost for my room was $129.00 but as mentioned I paid with points. For San Francisco, this is a good price although it will cost you $8.00 and change to get into the city via BART. For an airport hotel however, it's a great choice.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor. I don't usually like a room on such a low floor but this was fine...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Setubal, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Our first hotel when we arrived San Francisco was this one.It´s close enough to the airport(about 20minutes) and it´s easy to reach San Francisco downtown(with Gps).
It´s situated in front of the bay,and from here you can see S.F. airport.The hotel is very nice, clean,organized,confortable,it has some resting areas,where you can stay reading or watching T.V.The Bay Landing Hotel has a nice vitorian style decoration.
The room was big,two double confortable beds,a clean bathroom,clean linen bed.
On each floor they have water,soda or ice,to take when you want into the room (must put coins).The breakfast is good you can choose between a large variety of food. Inside the hotel they have a A.T.M. machine wich is very usefull.When you want to have dinner/lunch you may choose one of the several restaurants around.After finish your dinner reach the hotel by foot ,it´s nice to walk during the night.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in front of the bay,they have a nicer view.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Good location. Hotel room is clean & spacious but unfortunately there's some dirt marks on the carpet which deduct some marks. Reception is friendly. Breakfast hall is crowded everyday & can't easily get a seat. Food for breakfast is acceptable but cold. You need to reheat them by yourselves......

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

the hotel was very nice and clean. Our room was nice with a fridge and microwave in every room. The only downfall was that the beds are very small double beds. ...one person only. The hotel is convieniently located near the airport and has a shuttle running every 35 minutes. There was also no pool.

Tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the reviews on this site and the price. The free WiFi, cheaper parking and complementary breakfast make this hotel a good deal. Rooms are spacious with huge beds of very good quality. The bathroom is spacious as well but water pressure disappointing.

The breakfast area gets a bit crowded at times but there is an option to take food and drinks up to your room. The food is pretty standard but a decent selection of bread, bagels, grenola, yoghurt, fruit and waffles. Free coffee in the lobby all day.

The location is great and very easy to access from the Airport and only a few minutes from the 101.

All-in-all as good as can be expected of an airport hotel. Good for a short stay or if you have business in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to Bay Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!