“Consistency is king”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1 block N. of Burlingame Ave.
Description: This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is very consistent. On our most recent visit, the food was outstanding, as usual. However, the service was really lacking. While the noise doesn't bother me, it is quite loud in there and can be difficult for anyone with hearing problems.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (299)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Ate here for the first time and I only have praises for this restaurant! The ambience, the service and the food were all perfect! We dined in for lunch and everything that we ordered were such hits from appetiser to dessert! I ordered the Piatto Smeralda which is a platter of grilled seafood, I highly recommend it for those who love seafood. We had cannoli for dessert and it was the best cannoli I ever tasted! It wasn't too sweet and had hints of orange peel that blended well with the creme.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

This is a great local restaurant that offerers many different entrees and great desserts I recommend it highly

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

We are always looking for new Happy Hour locations. Last Friday, my wife & I went to several places in Burlingame & left both places that had received good reviews for their Happy Hour. Both places were terrible with lousy service. We came upon Il Fornaio & went inside to check out their Happy Hour. We were not disappointed. This restaurant had both Happy Hour food menu & drink menus. Half off most of their appetizers & their drinks had reduced prices.

The service was great. The bartender was awesome, very friendly & accommodating. He made sure my wife got exactly what she ordered.

We stayed here for quite some time & left feeling satisfied. I know we'll be back & I can't wait to try other drinks & more of their delicious food.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

We were at the end of our vacation and staying a night near the airport. I was specifically looking for Italian and chose this place hoping it would fit the bill. It did. We had the Vodka pasta and the Spinach ravioli and both were amazing. The portions are not huge, but the perfect amount for us where we didn’t feel we wasted food. Lots of bread and olive oil as well.

Date of visit: July 2019