“Outstanding food & service”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 172 Restaurants in Burlingame
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1 block N. of Burlingame Ave.
Description: This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience.
Crawfordville, Florida
“Outstanding food & service”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went with 3 other family members on a Saturday night at 6:15. The restaurant was full so lucky we had a reservation. The food & wine are fabulous. I had langostino risotto with small shrimp mixed in the flavorful rice.

Visited March 2013

Otis
“Not so good”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my second visit the this restaurant, the first time (several years ago) it was very good but this time it was very bad. I can't believe how bad my meal was, I ordered a salad with seasoned shrimp and I have to tell you it was the worst salad I've ever eaten in my whole life, the waitress never ONCE came back to our table to see how our meal was, my husband and daughter found their meals to be just so so.

• Visited March 2013
rainb0wtraveler
“It was okay”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I had the salmon dish that was plated to look very uninspiring -- 4 sides of a square. Salmon on one side, asparagus that was overcooked, potatoes that were tough, and baby whole carrots that were okay. We've been here before and enjoyed it so this might have just been a fluke - they also served a panna cotta that was a melted blob - and again, uninspiring. Taste was good, but just too soft.

San Francisco area, CA
“Nice meal in downtown Burlingame”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I had a very nice late lunch on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I had a chicken dish and my husband had the Christyna pizza. I also had wine and my husband had a Bloody Mary. We enjoyed good service, and the green olive sourdough bread. Nice experience, all in all.

Stamford, CT
“Could be great. Overpriced at current level of service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ate on a Thursday evening at about 7. No tables available so I ate at the kitchen counter. I actually like this seat as you can see how the kitchen works. Seemed to be a good crew with good skills and communication. That matters. Only problem I saw was cutting a few corners with precooking and holding some sides and combining old and new spinnach and brocolini. Would prefer to see more sides cooked to order. Expect spotty quality here. Having said that's spinach was great and my main order of lamb shank was fantastic. Tender and flavorful. The letdown was in service. Waiter took order and disappeared. A one top counter was clearly not worth his time. Good news is the manager noticed me looking around and jumped on to fill the gap. Got my drink and wine squared away. All on all some ups and downs but the ability of the overall team was good.