“Stay Away!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I had a reservation for 10 at Broadway Prime to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. When I made the reservation I had informed the person on the phone that it was a birthday celebration. He told me he will write it down next to my reservation, and for me to remind the hostess when I checked in. I did that. She said she was aware, and for me to mention it to my waiter. I did that too.

Long story short, our meals were finished and our check came. It was paid and our waiter disappeared to serve another table. Short of making a fuss, we got up and left. I reminded the hostess of our birthday celebration on our way out, and she said, "Oh, sorry," and then turned to tend to another customer.

I had expected my sister to be presented with a token dessert so that we could at least all sing a chorus of "Happy Birthday" to her and take pictures (like on previous visits to their restaurant). Instead it was an awkward finish, and we left deflated, incomplete. It was a very disappointing experiencet. We didn't feel like we were catered to after we spentl hundreds of dollars!

I complained to them via email, but no reply. Needless to say, they've lost me as a customer!

P.S. The servings of prime rib was dismally THIN for their regular cut. Not worth the outrageous amount that they charge. Stick with House of Prime Rib in SF.

There are newer reviews for Broadway Prime

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Found this restaurant referenced and decided to give it a try after checking the reviews for Gulliver's and seeing Gulliver''s had dropped off in customer satisfaction. Whole family is glad we did!

The food is fabulous - you can't leave hungry when they offer seconds on beef! The sides were very tasty. I am a vegetarian and ordered their Portobello Mushroom entree which was delicious. One son ordered steak and one son and my husband had prime rib - everyone raved about their dinners and NO ONE went home hungry. Our sons said the Taramisu is to die for.

2  Thank carolfd
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Celebrated my wedding anniversary with kids in tow at this quaint Burlingame restaurant as we decided last minute to go out. Didn't have reservations but was able to be seated within 15 minutes and place filled up pretty quickly thereafter. Choices are pretty limited--dry aged steak, prime rib, mushrooms for vegetarians, and seasonal fish (salmon was offered the night we were there) with salad and choice of two sides.
The exterior of the restaurant looks like you're about to enter a pub with the interior resembling something from the 70s---don't get me wrong--this place has a cool comfy vibe about it but it can get a bit noisy.
I ordered the select cut of the dry aged steak and substituted one of the sides for the sauteed spinach instead of the creamed spinach. Garlic mashed potatoes were alright. They'll automatically default you to the iceberg salad, but you can opt for different greens instead.
Kids meals are only offered for the prime rib meals at about $12. Entrees including sides run about $35 pp excluding drinks.
I like this place because you don't have to drive all the way to the City where you'd spend most of your time looking for parking. This isn't the best steakhouse ever, but their service and food are reasonable for the prices and I'd come back again. Can't beat the convenience of the location as well.

For the best steakhouse ever, on very special occassions, do splurge at Bob's Steak and Chophouse at the SF Financial District. Worth every penny but I just can't afford to eat there too often!

Reviewed March 21, 2011

we drove in from lake tahoe in a snowstorm to sfo and was looking for a place to eat. the kids wanted benihana, so we went there and the wait was over 2 hours. we, a party of 7, decided to drive around the burlingame area and look for a place to eat. we were going to a japanese place and saw broadway prime across the street. the kids love steak and i love prime rib. the place was packed so we asked if we could get in. the host, who turned out to be the owner, told us it would be 45 minutes so we went to the bar. the host came by 20 minutes later and got us a table. it was the best prime rib and steak we ever ate, and the service was above and beyond what we expected. my kids loved everything about the restaurant and the special attention they got from the owner, Hong. we can't wait to recommend this place to all our friends. aloha

1  Thank jamrs
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Tried the prime rib- nothing to write home about. The salad is included in the meal but it's over dressed and too large. The au jus just drowned everything else on the plate including the spinach which had chewy stems. The restaurant is long and dark with the tables quite close together. I have never been to The House of Prime Rib but it must be better than this. The quality went downhill further once the owner opened another restaurant in San Mateo.