“love this restaurant!! yellow chicken curry is my favorite”

Coconut Bay Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 171 Restaurants in Burlingame
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: Close to Burlingame's train station.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“love this restaurant!! yellow chicken curry is my favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

love this restaurant!! yellow chicken curry is my favorite

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dishonest restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

My husband and I went to the restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. The restaurant window display their lunch menu and specials. As we was seat it to our table; we were given a dinner menu. I ask the waitress for the lunch menu. She was not happy nor please. Their lunch menu was different from the window display. She indicates the lunch menu on the weekend is different from the weekday. I ask her why did they not indicate that on their menu by the display window???? My husband and I receive our order; the chicken was dry, egg roll was really greasy and instead of serving us sticky rice they service us white rice-not what we order. The service was lousy, they did not refill our drinks, foods take a long time to come and forget our order. When we ask for the check-the receive already indicate how much we should be given for tips. I also notice several people was waiting for a table and decided to walk out; the restaurant was fairly empty. DISHONEST AND VERY BAD SERVICES!!!

1 Thank 4reals
San Francisco
“One of the best Thai restaurants in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2007

This is one of the best Thai restaurants in the Burlingame and San Mateo area. My husband and I tried a total of 4 Thai restaurants around this one, and we liked Coconut Bay the most. All of the dishes are very tasty, especially the stir fry with basil leaves. The Tom Yum soup is very good. The restaurant's setting is clean and classy, and so it is definitely not a hole in the wall. In comparison to the other Thai restautants that we went to, this one is more expensive in terms of prices. The food portions are either enough or slightly small. So if you are looking for large portions, this might not be the place for you. However, the tasty food is worth the prices and the smaller portions.

2 Thank GeorgeEliot