“It's An Experience”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 172 Restaurants in Burlingame
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently had my first experience at Benihana. the first thing that catches your eyes is the amazing view of the bay and the SFO airport. It's breathtaking! As we didn't have any reservation we waited at the bar but the wait was, to our luck, not more than 7 minutes. The place was packed! So I would definitely book for the next time.

Yes it smelly but it smells like delicious food. And of course it's gonna smell like that, they are cooking literally at your table! I would recommend coming in as a group if you don't like sharing a table with strangers, even though my husband and I had a blast just the two of us. They have a decent selection of Sake to choose from. I agree that the food takes a bit long to be served, but the whole purpose of the place is mingling and having fun with the people on your table.

Our chef was so quick and funny, he made the night even more enjoyable. The food was really good specially the Teriyaki Steak, it was my personal favorite! The ingredients were of a great quality and you can feel it. the prices are very reasonable specially for all the additional free stuff that you get with the Teppanyaki.

My husband and I totally enjoyed our meal there and we are planing on coming back here again soon.

There are newer reviews for Benihana

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had a birthday lunch for my son's 12th birthday with family and friends. They were very accommodating and helped us with 2 tables. It was "packed" on a Saturday lunch time which was surprising so I am glad we planned ahead. I thought it would be expensive but they actually had a very reasonable kids menu which was a plus for a table of kids! The Chef's all seem to do a great job and put on a good show. The picture at the end was also a nice touch. Made it special and memorable. The required valet was a bit awkward. Not sure why they do that but it just seemed like half the people parked incorrectly. The waiting area and bar area seemed set up a bit awkward. I can imagine with big crowds people would be just standing all over the place. Overall, good fun for something different and a special occasion.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My first experience of Teppanyaki bbq. We had great fun and the food was really good. Try the steak and lobster!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

GOOD: Sushi is my favorite there, great deal with happy hours and free valet.

BAD: usually overcook at the teppanyaki table, wait too long for table even with reservation, sushi and appetizers take forever. Feel like they try to keep you there for some reason.
Service is average.

Hopefully the management provides more training and improvement.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We often come here for family dinner. The kids love the fried rice and the chefs' showmanship. When available, the semi-private tables are good especially when you have infants and small children. The photo thing at the end also adds a nice touch. Our last visit was not too memorable though. The valet parking attendant damaged the rear of our daughter's car. I can't understand why this location has required valet parking during dinner time, and yet they washed their hands when taking responsibility for the actions or negligence of the parking attendants. It took my daughter a lot of time and anguish between trying to get the matter settled between the restaurant, the parking company and their insurance. Talk about leaving a bad taste for this experience. This happened in October, 2013 - we have not been back to this restaurant...understandably. My suggestion to other diners: insist on parking your own car in their parking lot. I saw one guest do it during this last visit. He probably did not trust the attendant who was driving and parking cars while talking over his cell phone!

2  Thank ChitoD