“Crowne Plaza SFO”

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Even though the room was an upgrade - it was very small! The heating controls on the wall apparently were not connected to the unit near the window. Heating unit was constantly turning on and off all night making it impossible to sleep - eventually just shut it off.
Although the breakfast buffet had possibilitites the food was cold - not enough attention to making sure the burners were still working.
I will stay at a different hotel near the airport next visit.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your review from your recent stay! I really apologize that you were having the issues mentioned with your HVAC unit in your room. We are currently testing some new HVAC units for our hotel renovation and we are hoping that this will eliminate the issues that some of our guests have had. I will also make sure to bring up the fact that the food was cold on the buffet line to our restaurant manager as this is completely unacceptable. If there is anything I can do to make up for your disappointment, please let me know.

650-373-7031
cmorales@sfocp.com

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on various occasions and usually return here when passing through San Francisco Airport. It is very convenient with a free shuttle bus that runs every half hour from all terminals. The staff are very helpful and friendly. On this recent occasion I arrived hours too early for check in but they found me a room. The rooms are perfectly adequate in size, clean, and have all you need. The business centre has very fast internet access. The hotel has a good fitness centre and is also within walking distance of the Baylands trail which is perfect for jogging or walking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review!

I love hearing back from our frequent guests as they always let us know what their favorite parts of the area are.

I am glad to see that while you were an early arrival, we were able to accommodate you with a room that met your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

While we were initially given a wrong room owing to a third party booking error, the staff at Crowne plaza were helpful above and beyond the call. Comfortable and well appointed hotel. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side opposite the airport
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, Jesse!

I am sorry for the initial disappointment you faced at the time of check in, but I am very glad to hear the staff was able to accommodate your needs during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was here for a couple of days on a business trip, while a big conference was going on in San Francisco. There wasn't much choice, so I opted for the Crowne Plaza. They run a shuttle from the airport which is handy. The room I was in was large enough and functional, but in need of a spruce up. However the worst thing was that my room faced 101 and the road noise could be heard, even in the middle of the night. I've stayed at the local Marriott and would opt for that instead next time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sdwoo
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments from your recent stay. I can understand that the noise from the surrounding area made for a less than pleasant experience. You will be happy to know that we are currently finishing up our plans for our hotel renovation. This includes the replacement of our windows with a better sound proofing option, set to be installed at the beginning of 2014. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

650-373-7031

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed for 1 night prior to leaving San Fran. Hotel is 5 min from airport. Booked it through Hotwire and received a fair price. Stayed on executive floor and room was spacious and adequate. Water pressure was extremely low. Be prepared to pay $18 if you park your car in their lot. Was somewhat of a surprise.

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor or above, parking is $18
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear jerry08826,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are glad you liked your room accommodation. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are sorry the water pressure was less than satisfactory. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

When we first walk in, the staff was very professional and nice. As we proceeded to our room, the hallway was in need of a coat of paint. When we walked into our room, we were so disgusted. Where do i begin. The carpet was so stained we did not want to walk on it. Also there was garbage on the floor and it looked like the cleaner pushed it to the side. Behind the wall unit was a landfill. Also, I walked into the bathroom and a tile was dangling and there was dirt in the bathtub. I was really disgusted and did not expect this from a crowne plaza hotel. Would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear w1lltravel4food,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for our facility fell below your standards. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews regarding this Crowne Plaza hotel, I was pretty nervous making my reservation. My number #1 most important criteria is cleanliness. I can't stand carpets saturated with stains and being in a hotel room where you have the "itchy's" the entire time you're in the room because it's dirty.
The hotel shuttle arrived about 15 minutes after calling. The shuttle driver was helpful and attentive. Upon arrival at the hotel I really didn't know what to expect, however I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel lobby was open, bright and spread out. The ladies behind the counter were welcoming and eager to help. Dina, Ngoc and Cecilia were so nice and outgoing; I actually enjoyed just standing there talking to them. They all had such a great customer servic attitude which was both professional and warm.
The elevators were on the small side with carpets that were worn in both elevators and both were in desperate need of vacuuming. The hallway to the room was average and overall decently clean. As I entered my room #811 I was relieved. The carpeting was clean without a stain in sight. The room was neat overall and the bedding was perfectly clean and neat as well. Even the decorative strip at the bottom of the bedding was very clean. There was a robe hanging in the closet for my use. The bathroom lighting was bright and it was spotless. After reading previous negative reviews, I couldn't have been more happy with my experience.
C.J. The concierge was amazing and went out of his way. You could ask anything of him and he seemed eager and genuinely happy to assist.
Overall my stay was just FANTASTIC!

• Stayed: November 2013
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review! I have made sure to share your comments about C.J., Dina, Ngoc, and Cecilia so they can be awarded for their great service. We thank you as it is not often they get to see the fruits of their labor.

You will be happy to know that we will be replacing all our hotel windows early this year, as well as the carpets throughout the hotel and guest rooms. We are also finishing up the remaining plans for the hotel renovation.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future to show you our new improvements.