“Average place - very close to SFO airport”

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for a night due to a canceled flight. The "free" shuttle from airport to hotel runs about once every 30 minutes or so. It is better if you call the hotel and say you are waiting at a particular terminal. So, they dont forget you.
Check-in process was fine.
The restaurant had one vegetarian (ravioli) option. It was barely ok...
The staff at restaurant seemed nice enough.

I got a corner room. So, I literally had no neighbors making noise, etc. So, i cannot comment on the noise issues other people have here.

Bed was standard hotel bed. Room and bathroom seemed clean.
Did not try to connect to internet at this hotel.

I would recommend this place if you are simply overnighting at SFO.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see that overall, we met your expectations and provided you with a comfortable stay. I hope we can invite you back in the future when our renovations, set to be completed by 2014, are done. I would love to show you the improvements we are making, including the guest rooms, beds, and hotel windows. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 650-373-7031 or cmorales@sfocp.com.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has great area for convention and events. The bar/cafe has good food and drinks, but quite expensive. The rooms are very simple, but has all the basic. The wi-fi was free, not sure if just because the event.
The hotel is very close from the airport, and there is a free shuttle to the hotel. It takes only 10 minutes. There is some restaurant in a walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear jrbasso,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear our hotel and staff met your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Norval Nelson

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a United Airline flight canceled and were sent to this hotel overnight. We checked in and were assigned to room 402. Nice size room but right next to the interstate traffic. It was loud all night long. We could hardly sleep. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Service was spotty and the food was mediocre at best. Outlets were scarce in the room to plug in our phones, computer, CPAP. We would not recommend this hotel. It is overpriced and under-performs. There was an Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and Double Tree down the road. That's where we'll be next time. Crown Plaza SF Airport....you get a grade of D from us!
P.S. The hotel shuttle bus was full when we left for our morning flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

I am verry sorry to hear about the experience you had at our hotel during your recent stay. Thank you for your comments as it is through our guests that we are able to see what we are doing right and where we need to improve. I can certainly understand that the noise from the freeway would be an inconvenience as well as the lack of available outlets in your room. We are currently finalizing the plans for our hotel and guest room renovation that is scheduled to be completed by 2014. This will include replacing the front facing hotel windows with double paned windows that will help reduce the noise from the freeway traffic. We are also looking at new desk options that will help alleviate the issue with the outlets. We also have power strips that we are willing to provide at any time, just in case. I hope that I can invite you back in 2014 so you can see the improvements we have made. If there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me at 650-373-7031 or at cmorales@sfocp.com. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel was booked for a combination work/mini vacation trip. I brought my husband and almost 2 year old son. The person who checked me in at the front desk was very nice. We stayed in a room with 2 doubles. The first shock was that parking is $18/day. I didn't have a choice so we agreed to the charge and made it up to the room where there were dirty towels everywhere. When I called down to the front desk they made an immediate change and were very helpful and apologetic. The room we were switched to was 2 doors down and smelled funny. The bathroom did not have a fan and the entire room smelled like it the duration of our stay. I didn't think any of the other rooms would be better so we opted to stay where we were. The room itself was dingy, but it was definitely clean. They brought us a portable crib for my son and offered to set it up, which was nice. The bathtub stopper did not work (my husband fixed it) and the light outside the bathroom burned out after our first night (we were there for 3 nights). When I called the morning after check in to inquire about breakfast, the front desk person rudely told me that I can pay $14.50 for a buffet, or pay for a la carte items at the cafe, but there was no included breakfast. Considering almost every hotel/motel has included breakfast this was another unwelcome surprise. Luckily I knew some people who lived in the area and pointed us to some breakfast places. Overall, given the condition of the room, the price for parking, and the fact that the breakfast was not included, we would not stay there again if given an option.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. We can only know what we are doing right and where we need to improve from our guests and I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the final planning stages of our hotel and guest room renovation which is scheduled to be completed by 2014. I would love to be able to find out some more information regarding your room so I can have engineering do a thorough check and fix of any issues you found in the room. I am also going to retrain the front desk on how to best address a guest and to ensure that any complaints or corrections are handled appropriately as rudeness is definitely not acceptable. Please do not hesitate to contact me at cmorales@sfocp.com or 650-373-7031 if there is anything I can do to make up for this experience. Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to address these issues.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had read some of the negative or mediocre reviews on this site, and knew I'd be taking a chance on staying here, but I went ahead and booked. From the moment my two nieces and I arrived until the moment we checked out, we were treated with pleasant professionalism. One of the front desk agents, Camille, was particularly helpful on several occasions, especially when one of my nieces had an emergency medical issue and had to check out a day early.

Our room, a junior type suite, was very clean and comfortable.

We loved the buffet breakfast, which included a large assortment of hot items, which we didn't try, but we loved the cereal. They had a granola that tasted delicious and very fresh - went back for seconds! We got great service from the restaurant host and manager. One perk was that breakfast was included for free with the room.

The only criticism is that the carpets could probably use updating sometime soon.

We will definitely stay here again when we next visit SF.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in August, was working close by and fling in/out of SFO.
It's comfortable, the room is well equipped, the people very friendly and helpful.
The location is ideal for the airport and parking is easy.
I only ate breakfast - it was a fairly standard buffet, nothing special but tasty and with healthy options. Waitstaff were very friendly and helpful.
I will stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ShaneH13
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear ShaneH13,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy to hear our hotel, staff and restaurant met your expectations. we look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us again.

Norval Nelson
650-373-7001
nnelson@sfocp.com

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza and we had one issue after another. First, we had noisy people in the hallway and had to pack up and move rooms. In our new room, our air conditioning leaked water all over the floor. Thankfully, none of our personal items got wet. Next, our toilet stopped flushing. Someone quickly came to repair it. Then, it stopped working again. Someone had to come to our room at midnight to fix it. Had to leave and come back again after getting another tool. We had to get up at 4am to catch our flight. Not a pleasant experience. At all. Staff was quick to respond, but there were far too many issues for the money we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank njweee
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am really sorry that you had these problems with your stay, and I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. Our hotel is in the process of finalizing the hotel and guest room renovations, which includes replacing the hotel windows. These renovations are scheduled to be completed by 2014. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at 650-373-7031 or cmorales@sfocp.com. Thank you again for your time.