“Risk a star for no room WiFi?”

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Risk a star for no room WiFi?”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm sitting in this beautiful and clean room right now thinking to myself I should probably have gone to the Hyatt. The room is very nice, but it lacks some of the amenities that have been complimentary these day of age. Thus is the first hotel that I had to pay for parking and received no in room WiFi. Like everyone else, this is three stars at best buy can be easily 4 by adding parking and free WiFi. Losing potential customers for something so trivial as that should really be reconsidered. I'll definitely change my tone if management decides to contact me before my stay is over. Guest 614.

• Stayed June 2013
Brendan D, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear DjDao,

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback with us. I am glad to hear that your room was beautiful and clean. I am however disappointed that we fell short of your expectations in other areas. We do charge for internet, but we also offer it as a complimentary service for anyone that is, or signs up to be a Priority Club member (soon to be IHG Rewards) and I apologize that we did not make this available to you at check in.

I would love to discuss the situation with you in greater detail, and I am sorry that I missed you before you checked out. At your convenience please feel free to contact me at any time using any of the methods below. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

With warmth and hospitality,

Brendan Dixon-Beckett
Asst. General Manager

Phone: 650.342.9200
Direct: 650.373.7027
bdbeckett@sfocp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed 2 nights, while attending a educational conference. Check-in was smooth and the front desk staff was very friendly. The rest of the hotel staff was just as accomodating. Most of them greeted me as they walked by. The bar/restaurant service was great. the drinks were good, but the food was only fair. The room and bathroom were sizable; enough room for two people. The bed was very comfortable. There was some wear and tear visible, but nothing really of note. I was confused about the AC/Heater at first, but realized the controls on the unit were not operable. The controls are located on the wall. I was on the second floor and did hear some car noise from the freeway, but it didn't keep me awake. The food we received at the conference was excellent and the rooms comfortable. This is a very good airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear David m,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay at out hotel. We look forward to having to stay with us in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night here compliments of United Airlines after a 3.5 hr delay made us miss a connection. Crowne Plaza was clean and the king bed was comfortable. Room was fairly basic and overlooked the dumpsters and the freeway. Our room on the fourth floor had a bit of highway noise but not much. I think lower floors might be noisier. The hotel shuttle is only 10 mins to the airport, very convenient. We ate a late dinner in the West Bay Cafe....actually a fairly good burger and pizza, not a divey hotel coffee shop at all. No room service available after 10 pm though and cafe closed at 11. United and West Jet put their flight crews up at this hotel so you know it's got to be adequate airport lodging.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Scubamom33,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us while waiting to connect with your flight. Our staff strives to give our guests he best experience they can have while staying with us. We hope when you find yourself in the area again, that you will stay with us. Once again, thank you for your comments.

nnelson@rimhospitality.com
www.sfocp.com
Hoboken, NJ
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel for $75 (Hotwire) on my way out of SFO Airport. Overall, I found the hotel to be clean, updated, and a pleasant stay. The staff at check in were friendly and the process was quick. The grounds are well maintained and the pool was an added bonus. They run a shuttle to the airport every half hour, which is very convenient for flyers.

The room itself was clean and did the trick. It was on the smaller side, but the size shouldn't deter you from booking here.

My only recommendation for travelers is to consider requesting a room on the side opposite the highway, if you're sensitive to noise. I was on the 6th floor and could hear it clearly. The noise didn't bother me, but then again, I live in New York City. The A/C did drown out the noise completely and provided some good white noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BobAdams111,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience while staying in our hotel. We are happy to hear that our staff provided you with the exceptional guest service you deserve. Our staff will be recognized for doing a great job for you. We hope you stay with us again soon in the future.

nnelson@rimhospitality.com
www,sfocp.com
St. Croix
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here twice (one night each) over the past long weekend and found it to be a great hotel. Rooms seemed recently upgraded but we were staying on the Exec level so maybe they started there first. Actually ate a couple of meals (1 breakfast and 1 dinner) and both where good. The shuttle runs every thirty minutes and is shared sometimes with Holiday Inn Express and sometimes Vagabond Inn. It's kind of a funky shuttle with departure times from the hotel of :03 and :33 after the hour. When you hear that kind of time it seems pretty exact. Why not just say on the hour and half hour. It never was "exactly" on time but was usually within 10 minutes. Would and probably will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear stcroixscuba,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear you had a great time while staying at our property. We do understand your concerns on the shuttle times. We do share our shuttle with two other properties and we try to provide as close a time as possible that the shuttle stops at our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the food at our restaurant and will forward your comments on to our Chef. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

nnelson@sfocp,com
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is close to SFO airport, and the hotel provides shuttle to and from airport too, just ask for the schedule from the reception
It is on closeproximity to Holiday Inn express.

If you intend to rent a car, there is parking fee charge at the hotel. when there is private function, you may have difficulty in getting a parking space, perhaps, it is better to check with the front desk
Overall the room is clean, and spacious.
one disadvantage, you have to buy the wifi access, $9.90 for 24 hours. else, you may use the free wifi at the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear OBear,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Our staff always strives to provide each guest with quality guest service. Next time you should stay with us, inquire at our front desk on how you can receive complimentary WiFi and they will be happy to let you know how. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

nnelson@sfocp.com
Richmond, BC,
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is not new. In fact some may call it worn, maybe even past it's time, but it has many attributes in its favor.

The first is the staff. When I last checked in, which was in May 2012, after a long day, they gave me a room that had a horrendously noisy fan. I found this room unacceptable. They gladly offered me another. This room was without the fan windstorm, but I could not connect to the Internet. No problem, they happily moved me....back to my original room.

However, before we arrived maintenance had been in and fixed the fan problem! There was no longer a hurricane in my room. And I could connect to the Internet. Whoo Hoo!

This brings me to the second great thing about this hotel, the food. No, it's not gourmet, but, it is good, reasonably priced and available without having to drive, so you can have that second beer without worrying about it.

The third thing is the little souvenir / food store they have in the lobby. Believe me it is small. So small, that it closes during non peak times, but when they are open....which is most of the time... they are friendly and go out of their way to accommodate.

The fourth thing is the hotel location, which some may view as the first thing that's important. This hotel is close to the airport, easy on and off of the highway....has water views...great access to a running route along the water and did I mention it is very reasonably priced?

Lastly, again, the staff is great. They seem to care. The servers in the restaurant...in the evening, the morning and during the day when I've been there (this is my third time here) all go out of their way to make sure you are happy. The desk staff is responsive, understanding and caring. As I mentioned earlier, the maintenance staff went out of their way! To me this means they enjoy working here, which means the management is taking care of them.

Thank you for making my working in SFO easier! I'll will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the water, not the highway.