We tried Crowne Plaza for a layover before traveling back home across the Pacific Ocean. I chose Crowne Plaza because rates at Embassy Suites (where we usually stay) were high for the dates we needed. (Emb Suites - $200 and Crowne Plaza - $119 w/bfast or $98 w/o bfast, we took the rate w/bfast).
The first room we got was very small and so after explaining there was no space in the room for an extra bed to accommodate my wife and two kids and our 8 large bags, they upgraded us. The upgrade room was a one bedroom suite and totally suited our space needs. It surprised me we had to do this cause the room description on the site we booked said room was 350 sq. ft. and Embassy Suites is listed as room size of 380 sq. ft. This wouldn't matter if you were traveling single or as a couple.
This property exceeded my expectations on some things compared to some other properties in this price range we'd tried previously around SFO. The upgrade made my review a 4 rather than a 3. But if we hadn't been upgraded I'd bark a lot louder about these things:
- No refrigerator in room unless you requested it
- No microwave in room again unless you requested it.
- These two missing items made me feel they might be trying to push sales in the restaurant.
Couple good things I'd like to mention:
- Staff were always very courteous and friendly all the way down to the male housekeeper who was cleaning public areas. Practically everyone smiled and said "Hello". This was very pleasant.
- Breakfast was completely acceptable and in fact "good". They had a good selection, especially yummy sausages. And again staff were right on top of everything. Although it's a buffet, we felt more like we were in a full service restaurant and in fact I left a tip.
- Wifi was free and worked very well.
At the end of the day, if you're looking for an efficient friendly place around SFO, you should consider this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport is located next to beautiful Bayside Park just 15 miles from Downtown San Francisco and less than 2 miles from SFO. Featuring free Airport Shuttle Service as well as free Shuttle Service to/from Downtown Burlingame, free Super-Fast WiFi, Indoor Pool, 24hr Fitness Center, and the West Bay Cafe, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport - Burlingame Hotel Burlingame
- Crowne Plaza Burlingame
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Burlingame