“Good location for the SFO airport”

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good location for the SFO airport, however this hotel seems needing a bit of refurbishment. The rooms, corridors and furniture were a little worn out. Service was good and nice. Recommended for an overnight stay before or after your flight.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear pepe-1976-pepe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize that our rooms did not meet your expectations. We would like to share with you that we are currently in the final stages of planning our renovation. All sleeping rooms will have a complete upgrade. We hope to have you stay with us next year so you can experience the changes we have made.

nnelson@sfocp.com

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on this hotel that were posted after I had booked the reservation and didn't realize until today. But decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did the hotel is clean, minimal freeway noise and a decent room, comfy bed

It's an airport hotel so I expect to hear airplanes. We booked it so we could sleep in and not have to drive so far in the morning.

Hot water, nice pool, complimentary cribs. Helpful staff.

All in a great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Billigj007,

Thank you for your very kind words. We are happy that our hotel met your expectations. We hope to have you stay with us anytime you visit the San Francisco Bay Area.

nnelson@sfocp.com

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Rooms are small, old and pretty disgusting. There are no-smoking signs everywhere, and they make you sign a no-smoking agreement at check-in, which provides an indication about its regular clientele: The kind of people who smoke cigarettes in a no-smoking hotel room.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rkarpel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear rkarpel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the overall cleanliness of the room may have caused. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'll admit I was NOT a fan of this hotel (see my previous review), but when I stayed there recently, and I must say I was very positively impressed about the change. I am not sure if this time I got a refurbished room and the last time I didn't, but the room was pretty ok. Another thing that played a part was that the room wasn't facing the highway this time. But, most importantly finally service was friendly and with a smile, no mess up with my credit card, and good shuttle. Kudos to the management that turned this hotel around. Hopefully all the rooms have been or are in the process of being refurbished..

1  Thank DanielDP
Brendan D, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear DanielDP,

Thank you so much for giving our hotel another chance and noticing the positive changes that have taken place under the new management of this property. We are very excited about the progress we are making in both the service and physical aspects of our hotel and we are continuing to improve on a daily basis. We have made some general improvements to our guest rooms and the hotel overall, and we are currently looking at dates to start the complete renovation of our guestrooms. So please be on the lookout for great things to come at The Crowne Plaza!

With warmth and hospitality,

Brendan Dixon-Beckett
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I checked into this hotel as I had an early flight out the next day. What a horrible experience it was, checked in to be told that I didn't have a booking even though I gave them my conformation number and was told that I was wrong, after arguing for a bit they found it. He said sorry for the check-in and gave me a bottle of water and some trail mix. I thought that he gave that to me for being wrong but that is what they give to everyone when you check in.

Once inside the room, the heather did not work and it seemed to much of a problem to change rooms.

I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear colonialhk,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I feel like I stayed in a different hotel from most of these other reviewers.

My room was nice,clean, modern, the fitness room and the pool were above average.

Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was pretty nice. Shuttle to airport was prompt. All this, even though I paid a low Priceline NYOP rate.

The front desk staff was OK, but not that friendly. That would be my only criticism.

Way better than other reviewers seem to think. ????????????

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear mooth,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations. We apologize that our staff fell short of service during your stay. We are currently working with each staff member to ensure that quality service is provided to each of our guests. We will use your comments as a tool to continue to improve ourselves. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

nnelson@sfop.com

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is in an extremely noisey location adjacent to a large freeway. I asked for a quieter room and was simply moved further down the hallway which helped very little. The building is old and was built with very little sound insulation. The decor and furnishings are dated and in a general state of disrepair. As a Platinum Priority Club member, I received a coupon for a free breakfast, however, in consideration of the overall condition of the hotel, I elected to not take any chances.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Hyatt Burlingame that is located in the same area as the Crowne Plaza.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear glenndora,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and taking the time to leave our property a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the hotel lay out, outside noise and room allocation received from our hotel and not being at par with your expectations. Your comments will be forwarded to the respective department to take into consideration for improvement.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zelyn N