“Clean and well located.”

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Need a hotel before an early flight. Room was clean and small. Internet was fast and worked well. Bed was very comfy and the hotel was an easy walk to Burlingame which has nice places to eat. Free airport shuttle made airport access easy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Alec P,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Arrived late for a stopover before returning to the UK.
The hotel facilities were quite old but well cared for and a comfortable bed. A late checkout of 2 pm was agreed and there is plenty of seating available as we waited before taking the airport shuttle.
Lunch at the hotel restaurant was a very tasty and very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guy R,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you had a nice stay and that our staff was able to accommodate you with a late check out. We hope for you to come visit us in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for business. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The waitstaff in the bar seemed overwhelmed by the number of us as it took some time to get our drinks ordered, delivered and paid for. My room was clean and fairly quiet. My co-workers had rooms facing the freeway - it was a little concerning when they asked me if I had earplugs on my desk when I walked into my room...I did not. Apparently they had ear plugs provided to them in their rooms upon arrival. My room faced the parking lot and other than hearing my neighbor taking a shower one of the two mornings I had a very quiet stay. The room was a bit smaller than I am used to. The bed took up most of it. My only complaint is about the temperature throughout the hotel. No matter where we were it seemed to be cold. When the group mentioned it then the temperature would be adjusted and it would be too hot.

Room Tip: If you don't want to wear ear plugs ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear SirWillsMom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have been in communication with our Engineering department and they have fixed the problem with our climate controls. We appreciate your feedback as we use it as a tool to better improve our hotel for the benefit of all our guests.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

When you think 3 star and a brand name Crowne Plaza, you have certain expectations. They failed to meet almost all of mine.

We stayed for one night this Halloween. I got off to a bad start when check-in training took two tries to get me assigned my reserved room. It was a cool afternoon in Burlingame but the lobby was even colder.

My room was as requested but the thermostat didn't seem to function. They sent engineering to fix it. He explained that if we wanted 74 degrees, not 72 that we needed to set the thermostat to 80 and then reset it when we were happy with the temperature. He discussed something about a motion sensor in the ceiling that would effect thermostat operation but his English wasn't easy to understand.

The restaurant was also a disappointment with so-so food and a poor wait staff except for one helpful busboy.

The next morning, as we were preparing to leave, my wife found that we had no hot water in the bathroom making showering impossible. My wife told the maid and they offered to send engineering again but we just left.

This was one of the worst stays I can ever remember. One star might be more reasonable if not generous.

Room Tip: There are lots of other hotel options nearby. Choose another one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for your candid comment regarding your stay in November. I can definitely understand why you rated us the way you did with the many issues you faced during your stay. We are currently in the process of finalizing our plans for our renovation to the hotel and guest rooms and this should be completed by 2014. I do hope that you will join us when the condition of the hotel is improved. I have shared your comments with the staff so they can provide better service. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future reservations as I would like the opportunity to show you that we are serious about serving you and providing you with an amazing guest experience.

Candace Morales
Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was here for a conference. I was happy to find out that the hotel is right next to a gorgeous bay that I could walk along.....it was lovely and you could see the San Fran skyline and the golden gate bridge. It was lovely. Also, there is a free shuttle or you can stroll to downtown Burlingame (about 1.5 mile walk), which is packed with tons of great restaurants.... french, mexican, italian, crepes,persian, thai, sushi, vietnamese, fine bakeries and tea houses and boutiques and even apple store and much more. So between the downtown area and the bay, I thought that the location of the hotel was actually quite ideal. Also, the staff was helpful and nice. The meals that the restaurant served for the 4 day conference that I was at was totally average. The rooms were clean, but I did find that the room was noisy (I could hear people in the hallway) and the curtains did not make the room dark enough for me. I didn't like the bed very much. But, the room was fine. I think that if you are going to be in this area and the price is right, this is a totally fine and clean hotel to stay at. It's close to the airport with having other great things around (which matter to me).

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Nolababe,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the hotel. We are pleased to hear that our hotel and staff met your expectations. We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the benefits of being so close to the walking trail and Downtown Burlingame. We apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. We are currently in the final stages of our renovation planning and an upgrade of all sleeping rooms will be included. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here one night after flying in from Japan. I was very tired. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is next to the highway and so there was a bit of traffic noise (they leave foam earplugs next to the bed). I was annoyed at the hotel restaurant because one of their employees was throwing trash in the dumpster that was in the parking area just below my window. It was very loud and woke me up. I also ate dinner in the restaurant and it was mediocre and expensive. The water pressure in the shower was very low. Also, they have a free shuttle, but they share it with three other hotels, so be prepared to wait for it...it comes around every thirty minutes and then you have to ride it to the other hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear ellysiab,

We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We have been in communication with our Executive Chef and he has communicated to his staff to be mindful while taking out the trash. We have also discussed the water pressure with our Chief Engineer and he has fixed the problem. We value your feedback as we use it as a tool to constantly improve our property. We hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

So far, every Crowne Plaza, from Portland to SFO to Jersey has been a pleasant, quiet, clean stay with friendly staff. SFO was kind enough to let me leave a bag there in between stays with no complaint or charge and with a smile! I'm very grateful to them for this.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear travelario,

Thank you so very much for your kind words and your loyalty. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay while at our establishment. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

nnelson@sfocp.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!